Look its Thor!

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Accidentally watched some commercials when i was cooking dinner last night, and during Family Guy: "hey!" that had one for Iron Man II. Well, Thor was in it, but obliquely in a "don't show the monster"-kind-of-way, then AC/DC's Thunderstruck started blaring, and I went: "Really!? Really..."

Still gonna watch it.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
thor.jpg

Thor's a homo.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
nu1c.jpg

Speaking of Thor, has anyone seen the Ultimates poster by Frank Cho?
I remember thinking the gatefold cover would
make a great poster when I read the issue, but ten feet long?!
I don't even know where I could put it.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,

Edited out the picture but it sure was purty. I've never read a single thing from the Ultimates line so I gotta wonder who the gal is to the right of Thor? Is it the Ultimates version of Valkyrie?

Do not like. :annoyed: After watching the trailer for Jonah Hex and seeing this costume, I've thrown any hope I had for DC related projects right out the window. I seriously don't understand how this got the green light (pun intended). The mask kind of looks like a mix of Kyle Rayner's faceplate and Power Ring's pointy domino mask. The lack of black and white in the ensemble doesn't do much for me either (and yes, I realize his name is GREEN Lantern but let's mix it up a little?). It doesn't look much like a suit and looks more like he was skinned and has green muscle mass. At least they got the chest emblem and ring shape right. :p

Where's my lolwut.jpg when I need it? :loco:

These are a pretty good pair of pics for the most part. :) My only gripe, and this is for all pics I've seen so far of Thor, is the lack of helms. It was mentioned on another board and it bears repeating here, all three of these characters have unique and interesting head gear that needs to be in the movie. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't use any but I hope they surprise us with them. I also wouldn't mind seeing a cameo by Valkyrie (I'm sure characters like Baldur and Sif will be present)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
greenlanternewcover2.jpg

[MG]http://media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/images/ZZ5D16D81Dsmall.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0134856c4cac970c-600wi[/IMG]

IMG]http://media2.slashfilm.com/slashfilm/images/ZZ4B7157B4small.jpg[/IMG]

the_phantom_new_movie_poster.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
pretty odd you post that since no one seems to remember it and I've been thinking of it recently.

poor billy zane.

the movie at least deserved syndication on tnt or some shit channel, but no...

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
That Ultimates poster is awesome. That needs to be up on my wall.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That Ultimates poster is awesome. That needs to be up on my wall.

I like it, but I don't think I have a 10 foot stretch of wall anywhere in my place that isn't interrupted by a door or window. One of the walls in the living room looks like it might be about 8', but that's as close as I get. I guess I could put it on the ceiling.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Is anyone as sick of superhero films as I am?

The only good ones I can think of are Iron Man 1, Dark Knight and the first half of Batman Begins.

I can't wait for Hollywood to completely shit this snake out so they can try something different.

Different? Hollywood?

I know.

But sequels have to come from somewhere right?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
nu1c.jpg

Do you know where I can find a copy of this? This seriously needs to be on the south wall of my bedroom.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

aria

Former Moderator
The trailer looks pretty darned clichéd. Meh.

I'll hold out some hope based on Kenneth Branagh at the helm, but even then he hasn't done much recently. His hand does explain a lot about why certain scenes and monologues were being filmed they way they were --those scenes in Asgard looked a tad theatrical. This may also backfire if, by filming it like his other Shakespearean films, it will only underline how asinine a lot of things can be when said aloud. Also, his style may just not work with this kind of story --of course, it could also be just the opposite --it remains to be seen.

I did laugh once: "Is that one of Stark's?" "I don't know, guy never tells me anything."