Mad Max:Fury Road

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Can't wait. Definitely an opening day viewing for me.

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
yup, i was a bit worried about this remake, but the preview makes it look amazing. opening day for sure

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I just watched the trailer earlier on yahoo looks badass. I'll def be there on opening day.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Looks like it might actually be good.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm just glad it's not like the original mad max. So hard to watch, this one looks more like Road Warrior, so beefy.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I'll go see it as long as it's rated "R".

Thunderdome had some moments that belonged in a Disney film. PG-13 is a no-no.

Also, I wonder when this movie is supposed to take place. After Thunderdome, or before?

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Looks decent and I'm glad the creator of Mad Max is leading the project. But it looks really flashy. I don't LOVE Mad Max, but what I did really dig about it is that it doesn't rely too much on action. It's all about that sense of revenge. This looks more like a circus.

Also, now it makes sense that a Mad Max game was revealed. When was that? This year? Last year? I don't even remember.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
That's a opening weekend viewing here as well.

Not too worried that it was an all flash trailer, looks like all of that was from 2-3 chanse scenes which I bet will only be a 3rd of the movie, like Road Warrior was.

If it was Michael Bay's Mad Max, I'd be worried.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
heh, just watched the original movie for the first time few hours ago. I wasn't even aware of this remake. Looks great.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I am a HUGE Mad Max fanboy...love the original and The Road Warrior...Beyond...not so much.

I am a larger fan of the Mad Max world and the possibility of a franchise that takes place in that world...love me some post apocalyptic carnage.

Like usual, I'll keep an eye on this one...I'm cautiously optimistic about it. Doubt I'll see it in the theater as I rarely go to the movies anymore...

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The first Mad Max was quite different to the later films. More violent, lower budget, and less Hollywood.
How can they make a decent Mad Max film without Mel Gibson? It's not going to be the same. I suppose it has the same director though.
There are quite a few good Australian movies that aren't well known in the United States or internationally.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Looks good. Pretty dark in spots. I'm liking the overall look and direction.

And I'm glad they got brave and just recast the role. I wish they'd do that with more movie characters, like Indiana Jones. I know people identify a role with a certain actor, but if James Bond, for example, hadn't been continually recast, we would have been denied the chance to see some pretty awesome Bond movies (along with some bad ones.)

Day one. Probably a Thursday night showing. This looks good so far.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
How can they make a decent Mad Max film without Mel Gibson? It's not going to be the same.

The same way they made a good Batman film without Michael Keaton. I think Tom Hardy is the right guy for the role.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The first Mad Max was quite different to the later films. More violent, lower budget, and less Hollywood.
How can they make a decent Mad Max film without Mel Gibson? It's not going to be the same. I suppose it has the same director though.
There are quite a few good Australian movies that aren't well known in the United States or internationally.

2 was still pretty raw...not as raw as 1 but far better than 3, which was definitely 1980's Hollywood for sure. Concerning Mel...see below:

The same way they made a good Batman film without Michael Keaton. I think Tom Hardy is the right guy for the role.

This 100%...good call for the role of Max.

I'll say it again...if done properly, this is a franchise that can be taken places...it's an open world, even outside that character of Max.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict this will piss on Robocop, Total Recall, and all the other recent rehashes we've suffered through.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
So is this a reboot, remake, or just a new chapter in that universe?

Looks pretty good so far I must say.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm another huge fan of the first two films and the trailer has me very interested in a revival of the series.

The world created in the Road Warrior has the possibility of pumping out some quality stories.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The first (and maybe second) Batman movie was good because it had Jack Nicholson as the Joker, and Tim Burton as director. The recent Batman movies were good because they happened to find a good director for them (and a good actor in the case of The Dark Knight- Heather Leather as the Joker). The guy who plays the Joker can be more important than who plays Batman.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The first (and maybe second) Batman movie was good because it had Jack Nicholson as the Joker, and Tim Burton as director. The recent Batman movies were good because they happened to find a good director for them (and a good actor in the case of The Dark Knight- Heather Leather as the Joker). The guy who plays the Joker can be more important than who plays Batman.

I thought Hardy did a great job in Dark Knight Rises as Bane, but your right, Heath Ledger stole the spolight with that amazing performance.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I cry everytime they crash a 2 door XB in the Mad Max movies.

Footage looks great, me and my girl will be there opening night also -

img0785g.jpg

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
So is this a reboot, remake, or just a new chapter in that universe?

Looks pretty good so far I must say.

Reboot. George Miller, the director, recently announced that it would be the same character and world with no literal connections to the original trilogy. He said he didn't want to do a remake, because he didn't want to retell a story that's already been told. Good for him.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

img0785g.jpg

Nice wheels, mate!

Yep, super keen for this. Post-apocalyptic madness!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

img0785g.jpg

Looks Mean!! Love it.