Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (Discussion about MG Rising, Too)

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
That's a mighty fine looking engine, that's for sure. Hopefully, there will be a second video, since that didn't show off much. But, I'm definitely intrigued. It looks like they are taking what they learned in 4 and PW and expanding it, as I figured they would. Thanks for the vid. :)

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
donno wtf is going on, but I'm definitely interested! great trailer for that reason! sucks that I likely won't get to satisfy my curiosity for like a year or so.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
You need to finish Peace Walker with the second optional ending to see what's happening here. Sadly, that ending fucked up any potential the story or the characters had for me.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
You need to finish Peace Walker with the second optional ending to see what's happening here. Sadly, that ending fucked up any potential the story or the characters had for me.

oh really? I'll havta go back and play peacewalker some more as I don't even remember the one ending I seen really lol

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Spoiler:
Do you mean the ending where you fight Paz piloting your metal gear?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Spoiler:
Do you mean the ending where you fight Paz piloting your metal gear?

Spoiler:
Yes, plus the post-credit phone conversation and the secret tapes you find after blowing the AI bosses

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
They need a new MGS Encyclopedia. I can never keep any of this stuff straight.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
I really wonder if the final game will have graphics like that. It looks too good to be true. I have not read much about this game, but for all we know, this footage might be running on PC hardware just like the old MGS 4 footage shown at TGS 2005. The final game of MGS 4 was actually graphically worse and ran at a lower frame rate than the initial trailers shown.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I thought the rock textures and Snakes hair weren't that great to be honest. The smaller details were not as sharp as I've seen in other games.

Very nitpicky since the rainy atmosphere was brilliant, but the little details stood out because of it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
oh really? I'll havta go back and play peacewalker some more as I don't even remember the one ending I seen really lol
Yeah, I don't remember jack shit about the Peace Walker story. But I'll just read a synopsis, because I don't feel like playing that game again.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm definitely late to the party on this one. Metal Gear Solid? Open world? I do love both of those things.

Well shit, sign me up. I greatly appreciate Kojima for the MGS series. But if he can successfully blend MGS's production value and stealth/action with a sizeable world like Fallout 3 to explore? Hell, just the thought alone has me quite excited.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I really wonder if the final game will have graphics like that. It looks too good to be true. I have not read much about this game, but for all we know, this footage might be running on PC hardware just like the old MGS 4 footage shown at TGS 2005. The final game of MGS 4 was actually graphically worse and ran at a lower frame rate than the initial trailers shown.

It's running on PCs with hardware that mimics the 360/PS3, or so they say.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
This series has turned to such confusing horseshit, I don't know where to start.

I'd played MG on NES from the day it was released all the way up to snake eater... I couldn't finish that steaming pile.

The great part about MG was that it was pseudo-realistic. Never too weird, based in reality and gritty fun. Since MGS2, it has been utter gibberish and nonsensical. Schizophrenic in direction.

I tried the PSP games, they were ho-hum.

They need to go back to the original formula and storyline. Reboot the series (and no, releasing MGS again with matrix elements is not a reboot), go back to simple action with a good, realistic storyline.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
the series story lines have always been confusing and nonsensible to say the least.

Still one of the best series around though

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
the series story lines have always been confusing and nonsensible to say the least.

Still one of the best series around though

Even snakes revenge, with 'higharolla kockamamie' had a more cohesive storyline than MGS2.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
my best guess is that MGS5 is a remake of MG (fingers crossed) and that will effectively make the entire series the "Metal Gear Solid Saga".

they wouldnt even have to remake MG2 because "Solid" would already be in the title.

Problem solved!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Am I crazy in that Peace Walker is my favorite MGS game...followed by MGS3?