Metal Jesus Rocks Neo Geo

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I came across this new Metal Jesus overview video of Neo Geo hardware and games today. It features collector John Hancock. Have at it, fellas.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Another awful Youtube video series by an equally awful looking human being.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Just over 2 minutes in, "If you have a Japanese cartridge and you play it in your US console, it'll play in Japanese." Twenty-three minutes long and not a damn thing about the games, just another collectard video.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
get ready for the next wave of newbies asking where the marketplace is....

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I am a big MJR fan and a contributing patreon (under a $1 per month) of his metal militia army . My favorite video catagories are:

Hidden gems and top ten lists - These are great for making wtb lists of retro games/consoles I have never played or heard of before.

Weekly finds - Its really cool and neat to see what retro stuff he digs up at thrift stores, yard sales, pawn shops etc.

MJR even replied to one of the comments i left on his channel, he is really connected to his fans and will take time out for the little guy.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I like MJR, he has a true passion and love for video games and isnt worried about how many scanlines are on his TV, or carts without sticker residue.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Its pretty light on the information presented even to a noob like me. Ive learned more in twenty minutes searching around here than the 20 minutes of info they give.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I am a big MJR fan and a contributing patreon (under a $1 per month) of his metal militia army . My favorite video catagories are:

Hidden gems and top ten lists - These are great for making wtb lists of retro games/consoles I have never played or heard of before.

Weekly finds - Its really cool and neat to see what retro stuff he digs up at thrift stores, yard sales, pawn shops etc.

MJR even replied to one of the comments i left on his channel, he is really connected to his fans and will take time out for the little guy.

Really cool story bro! Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to? A Patreon?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
was going to post this, but i know a lot of people here hate mjr. and the video isn't exactly full of new or good info. but the video does mention neo.com. his videos use to be a lot better, but for the past couple of years, they have has been nothing but filler.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
...that snes/neogeo that took 2 years to build...hilarious!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
...that snes/neogeo that took 2 years to build...hilarious!

lol! i know right. what the fuck was that?!. that is officially the worst consolized mvs i've ever seen.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I've seen worse, but yeah, SNES Neo was pretty "special". With the pins jutting out like that, the controller ports are begging to be broken.

This is a video that is better served for people that aren't familiar with the Neo. This was basically like being a mathematician watching a video about someone talk about how fun numbers are.

There were also some factual errors in there that kind of grated on me (the Meg count one for example), but easy mistakes to make.

Overall it means well, and there's some good info to be had.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Metal Jesus ... does not rock. He himself doesn't seem to know much about games, and his guests always spew out incorrect facts. Like this video... getting the language wrong, saying clamshells didn't come until SNKP, kits come with manuals, dipswitches, etc etc.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm not sure which is worse: MJR not doing proper research before doing the episode, or Mr. Moneybags Collectorman not having some pretty basic facts straight considering how much money he's spent on those carts.

madman

Metal Jesus ... does not rock. He himself doesn't seem to know much about games, and his guests always spew out incorrect facts. Like this video... getting the language wrong, saying clamshells didn't come until SNKP, kits come with manuals, dipswitches, etc etc.

I find that to be the case w/most YouTube videos. Not all, but the majority by far. I get it, no casual gamer is going to know as much about the Neo or its games as nerds like us, but as I've said asked times before: What's the point of making a video when you add ZERO value to the viewer? There's some moron who makes videos of himself playing Neo Geo games for the first time where he doesn't even know the controls. What's the point? It's all about dem likes and narcissism.

That said, I've always liked the Classic Game Room videos, especially if I just want to see what a game is like, not necessarily learn it in depth. I think the Game Sack episodes are mostly done well, but their scripted banter got old, IIRC their Neo Geo episode was pretty good.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I like Metal Jesus, but not because of the videos. Honestly, I've not a lot of interest in watching his videos but for the most part he seems like the kind of guy that it would be cool to hang out with and play some games or watch a bad movie. I'm not interested in most of the youtube video gaming content so its really nothing against him. Though out of most of the people I see on there, he seems a lot more likeable. I would imagine he is a pretty good guy in person where as a lot of these guys turn out to be d-bags.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
That said, I've always liked the Classic Game Room videos, especially if I just want to see what a game is like, not necessarily learn it in depth. I think the Game Sack episodes are mostly done well, but their scripted banter got old, IIRC their Neo Geo episode was pretty good.

Checkout Gaming Historian. He does a ton of research and is very concerned with accuracy and quality. I can't recommend his Satoru Iwata video enough.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Another awful Youtube video series by an equally awful looking human being.

hqdefault.jpg

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
I literally wasted 15 minutes of my life watching two monkeys from the trailer park trying to describe something they have no clue what it is or even 1/8 of the history behind it.

It's my mistake for not stopping sooner.

madman

Just wasted time watching this, holy shit that CMVS in the SNES shell. It took the guy 2 years to make that pile of shit?