Mississippi town pwns Westboro Baptist Church protest.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
Source

The Westboro Baptist Church once again makes the headlines. This time however, the good news is that they were foiled in their attempts to disrupt another serviceman’s funeral. Mississippi gives the Westboro the kind of welcome that we would all like to give.

Last Saturday, USMC Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers was laid to rest in Brandon, Mississippi. He was killed in action in Afghanistan on April 7th. Many of the town’s residents paid homage along the route of the fallen hero as his body was transported home.

Most notably absent were the Westboro protestors who planned a large demonstration at Sgt. Rogers’ funeral. According to an Ole Miss message board, a tidbit of info………..

“A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened.

Rankin County handled this thing perfectly. There were many things that were put into place that most will never know about and at great expense to the county.

Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.

A few made it to the funeral but were ushered away to be questioned about a crime they might have possibly been involved in. Turns out, after a few hours of questioning, that they were not involved and they were allowed to go on about their business.”

It might be legal for the protestors to be there, but it isn’t right. Thankfully, the citizens of Brandon agreed and arranged for these slight incidents to keep the unwanted pests away. The Westboro mob never made it to the funeral and Sgt. Rogers was laid to rest without incident.

Fred Phelps, who is the leader of Westboro mob, is a disbarred lawyer and Democratic activist. Other members of his family hold law degrees. They use our court system often and have sued and won countless times all with financial gain to themselves, helping to fund their sickening activities. Undoubtedly, Phelps will plan a lawsuit against someone in Mississippi because his grand plans were thwarted. Mississippi folks says let him. There isn’t a jury in the whole state that will see things his way.

While I understand the Supreme Court ruling allowing Phelps and his gang to demonstrate, I sure appreciate the fact that citizens take it upon themselves to do the right thing. If it takes the community to gather around the bereaved to keep these thugs away, then so be it. I hope every town learns from the example set by people of Brandon, Mississippi.

hahaha, if only more towns would pull this.
pure awesome.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
That made me smile. For once the good ol' boys attitude of Mississippi has done good.

I'm almost ready to change my location back.... naaah I'll leave it.

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
Democratic activist? I don't think the Phelps philosophy aligns well with the Democratic party platform...unless they meant something else

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Meh, a beating and detaining someone under false pretenses are not something that should be condoned.

Eric

Fight On!,
Democratic activist? I don't think the Phelps philosophy aligns well with the Democratic party platform...unless they meant something else

Is it really so hard for you to believe that all political parties (and all types of groups) have members that the majority would rather not associate with?

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
Meh, a beating and detaining someone under false pretenses are not something that should be condoned.

getting his ass beat was his own fault (maybe since it happened a couple days before, that's how people found out about the protest?). it never said he was detained.
the protesters who DID make it to the funeral were though.

meh, you're definitely gonna be in the minority on this one.

stk: www.fazed.net

lithy

20 Year Member
Passive approval of lynch mobs is a-ok

So if MS police want to conveniently detain some black folks for a few hours that would be cool?

Maybe a large group of people could beat up a black person, then claim to know nothing about it! The police would even be complicit and just decide that the case was not worth pursuing!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So if MS police want to conveniently detain some black folks for a few hours that would be cool?

Maybe a large group of people could beat up a black person, then claim to know nothing about it! The police would even be complicit and just decide that the case was not worth pursuing!

If the black folks were going to protest a soldier's funeral, then yep, I'd say that would be cool.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
So if MS police want to conveniently detail some black folks for a few hours that would be cool?

That happens everyday in Mississippi, It's just that this time it actually did some good.

So once again smarty pants
1296285234646.gif

lithy

20 Year Member
They decided to stay in Missouruh.

If the black folks were going to protest a soldier's funeral, then yep, I'd say that would be cool.

Good thing they kept the black folks out of Kansas.

:kekeke:

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Why don't ...I dunno ...ALL the towns those motherfuckers show up in do this?

How can a mourner see that shit at a funeral for their recently deceased loved one and not personally kick the crap out of them?

Fuck, I even feel that way about the idiots in front of Planned Parenthood, but not enough for an assault rap.

We can only hope this story is widely read and that it inspires others to do likewise.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
Oh?

This slut had it coming too.

ukrapecrisis1.jpg

if i went into your house and started calling your wife a whore, and you beat my ass, i'm sure you'd think i had it coming.

this wasn't some random girl walking down the street that got raped.
this was a fucking asshole going into someone's town and badmouthing one of their fallen citizens.
pull your head out of your ass.

edit: and about it being a "lynch-mob", it never said he got his ass beat by a group, just that a group had gathered around afterwards.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
just throwing in a post to say i fully-approve of the towns actions on this one

lithy

20 Year Member
if i went into your house and started calling your wife a whore, and you beat my ass, i'm sure you'd think i had it coming.

this wasn't some random girl walking down the street that got raped.
this was a fucking asshole going into someone's town and badmouthing one of their fallen citizens.
pull your head out of your ass.

edit: and about it being a "lynch-mob", it never said he got his ass beat by a group, just that a group had gathered around afterwards.

I thought this was a pretty lame example, then I remembered that Canada has hate speech laws. My apologies.

lol U mad bro?
:lolz:

Not really, just that people will accept a few broken laws whenever it agrees with their own ideals. This sort of selective participation in a country of laws is, quite frankly, despicable.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
don't worry lithy I'm still with you*

*on bullshit drinking police stops