More ebay bitching

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
To keep my seller discount, I have to offer 1 day shipping. When I was selling quite a bit would be at the post office 5 days a week. Thankfully the post office is just about a 1/4th mile down the road.

That's hard to do when you have a 8-5 schedule. I'm guessing that you had weird retail hours like me that let you do it?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
That's hard to do when you have a 8-5 schedule. I'm guessing that you had weird retail hours like me that let you do it?

I'm retail, but on the operations end of it and have a set schedule, working later in the day. I have to go past the post office on my way to work so I would just leave a little early and drop off my packages. They were all prepaid shipping as I did that at home.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm retail, but on the operations end of it and have a set schedule, working later in the day. I have to go past the post office on my way to work so I would just leave a little early and drop off my packages. They were all prepaid shipping as I did that at home.

Oh I C.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
You know what really irks me about ebay is the 'video reviews' links. People who may be passionate gamers have there reviews used, probably without any permission and are aiding these scumbag resellers.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Let me guess, dude got some better condition carts and some repro stickers so he's just selling the empty shells?

What a piece of shit.

Yeah, fuck that guy!

"I have been asked if I would let the boards go with the shells however this auction is for the carts/shells ONLY. Depending where the auction ends I will throw in the boards free as charge."

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
To be fair, the seller started the auction at 99 cents. It's not his fault the bidders didn't read that "cartridge shell ONLY" part right in the listing title.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
To be fair, the seller started the auction at 99 cents. It's not his fault the bidders didn't read that "cartridge shell ONLY" part right in the listing title.

It is however their fault they got empty shells and still left positive feedback. They knowingly paid $115/ea for a shell. No game. A shell. We talkin' about a shell. Not a game. A shell.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member

Yeah but it's right up there with things that say "You get a photograph of this item" it's pretty scummy for people to do this.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

Your probably right on that, reading takes too much time for the general public these days.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTMwWDE0Njg=/z/2WsAAOSwEeFU23Ra/$_57.JPG

After 1994, the labels are more paperlike sticker quality, and prone to rubbing lines that are prominent where the sticker goes from edge label to front. Anyone with a killer instinct that was heavily used has experienced this rubbing effect at some point in childhood. It sticks out more because the game cart color is pitch black. This line will always be white as the printing wears.
I do not own Hagane. Can anyone confirm if this conforms to this change in quality? If it doesn't, and Hagane IS paperlike, it's a candidate for concern. That shouldn't be glossy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wild-Guns-G...293?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4d2d068705

A example of what I feel Wild Guns should look like. IE; ex rental sticker is removed, more paper like label has easily torn, while if done right, you can avoid that damage if the original glossy label is intact. This makes sense, as it is a death sentence here. (The old trick of taking the sticker and pushing it on the sticker residue to remove it will actually start pulling parts of the cheap stickers off.. Glossy label stuff or GTFO basically..) Soooo, explain to me why that Wild Guns exhibits a nice glossy sheen off the picture that was done of that there?

Once again Metal Warriors. 1995 title. Seems impossible to me it should have a glossy label in the USA. Should have a more paper like label. It is GLOSSY though. I think they might be repro labels. I am curious if he EVER owned the original boards that are claimed to have belonged here as a incentive to his sale, unless that picture's lighting is the culprit, it isn't looking good.

People who buy or collect games need to gain expertise. This cash grab stuff is a real issue because people are not well educated, nor do they educate themselves to these types of points. They spend money blindly and ignorantly and fuck up the market for the rest of us who aren't into gaming because it's 'trendy'. Everyone unloading cash SHOULD know the details of what they are tossing serious cash into. Ebay's so well designed to conceal fraudulent nonsense. I swear to god, I wish they were forced into a IQ test before being allowed to use Ebay. This whole situation has gotten as dirty as some meth deal in a back alley.

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
for that kind of money, unless they are going to fly in on a helicopter(or sky dive) that same day and hand deliver it to me... i'm not interested

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTMwWDE0Njg=/z/2WsAAOSwEeFU23Ra/$_57.JPG

After 1994, the labels are more paperlike sticker quality, and prone to rubbing lines that are prominent where the sticker goes from edge label to front. Anyone with a killer instinct that was heavily used has experienced this rubbing effect at some point in childhood. It sticks out more because the game cart color is pitch black. This line will always be white as the printing wears.
I do not own Hagane. Can anyone confirm if this conforms to this change in quality? If it doesn't, and Hagane IS paperlike, it's a candidate for concern. That shouldn't be glossy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wild-Guns-G...293?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4d2d068705

A example of what I feel Wild Guns should look like. IE; ex rental sticker is removed, more paper like label has easily torn, while if done right, you can avoid that damage if the original glossy label is intact. This makes sense, as it is a death sentence here. (The old trick of taking the sticker and pushing it on the sticker residue to remove it will actually start pulling parts of the cheap stickers off.. Glossy label stuff or GTFO basically..) Soooo, explain to me why that Wild Guns exhibits a nice glossy sheen off the picture that was done of that there?

Once again Metal Warriors. 1995 title. Seems impossible to me it should have a glossy label in the USA. Should have a more paper like label. It is GLOSSY though. I think they might be repro labels. I am curious if he EVER owned the original boards that are claimed to have belonged here as a incentive to his sale, unless that picture's lighting is the culprit, it isn't looking good.

People who buy or collect games need to gain expertise. This cash grab stuff is a real issue because people are not well educated, nor do they educate themselves to these types of points. They spend money blindly and ignorantly and fuck up the market for the rest of us who aren't into gaming because it's 'trendy'. Everyone unloading cash SHOULD know the details of what they are tossing serious cash into. Ebay's so well designed to conceal fraudulent nonsense. I swear to god, I wish they were forced into a IQ test before being allowed to use Ebay. This whole situation has gotten as dirty as some meth deal in a back alley.

Yep, I'm about 99% positive that those are all repro labels, and those shells never came off of those games. Those are glossy stickers and SNES labels should be either matte or luster finished labels.