MOST ADDICTIVE GAME EVER?

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
I'm really sorry if this sounds sad, but it has to be Street Hoops.... I just can't put it down. Second would have to be Waku Waku 7.

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
jro said:
Original Goldeneye 007, high school, 4-player: "Seriously, you guys have been over here every day for the past 17 days, now. Don't you have homework or something?"

worded perfectly.
that game had us hooked forever ... or at least till perfect dark came out.

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
speaking from personal experience wud have to be championship manager remember playing this game non stop three days solid only pausing for toilet breaks. my mum wud bring me food so wud still be playing whilst eating. No sleep for three days is not gud trust me lol. how can a game with no graphics of any kind with just text based menu systems be so addictive?

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
RXBANDIT said:
speaking from personal experience wud have to be championship manager remember playing this game non stop three days solid only pausing for toilet breaks. my mum wud bring me food so wud still be playing whilst eating. No sleep for three days is not gud trust me lol. how can a game with no graphics of any kind with just text based menu systems be so addictive?

My mate is on season 2074 so I guess he's addicted to it. Never saw the appeal mesen. Got Bolton to win the league and then got bored.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Michael Yagami said:
I love SNK as much as the next guy, but video game addiction is spelled "Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo".

Agreed, but without the super!

Also, Zelda 3, Galaga, Ms.Pacman, Animal Crossing(watching my girlfriend play)

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
mlloyd said:
I'm really sorry if this sounds sad, but it has to be Street Hoops.... I just can't put it down. Second would have to be Waku Waku 7.

lolz ... I was actually pretty addicted to Street Hoop for awhile. I just couldn't get enough of the ubercheez music and the simplistic yet entertaining gameplay. "Magic on the blacktop ... work that ball!" ... :kekeke:

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
Pando said:
Honestly, the most addivtive game I've ever played would have to be Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction net play. I played it for 2 1/2 days straight once and only got up to eat, shit and piss. In the end, I lost my girlfriend over the game. The most addictive ever! :loco:

That was my favorite vice up until Blizzard destroyed Battle.net
with shitty updates and lag infested servers. God I loved selling
meh duped SOJ's in hell games and spawning the DCLone for some
anni's I'd sell on ebay for like $50 and shit... god that was fantastic! :drool_2:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Command and Conquar red alert 2 or generals

online multiplayer mode of cos

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Well, i must go back quite a bit to the heady days of the good old commodore 64! :D ... so so addicted to the old system 3 games.. Last ninja 1 & 2, tusker..myth, also turrican,armalyte :buttrock: , cybernoid2, wizball.. ahh the list goes on!...
Newish titles i guess would be.. REZ-dreamcast+ikaruga, x-box-halo+outrun2.
NEO-AES= KOF2000, MS4, Viewpoint :glee:

Kumavnmitsurugi

Marked Wolf
Neo Geo it would have to be Matrimelee..i could play it for a loooong time , also Card Fighters CLash is very addictive .

thefub

Armored Scrum Object
I can not think of any Neo game that I could not stop playing except Twinkle Star Sprites on the DC.

Dark Wizards for the Sega CD, Dezaemon 2, Dragon Force and Shienryu for the Saturn. And back in the day Phantasy Star for the Master System.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
KOF 2000 had me hooked for months, as with SF3TS and Samsho V.

Battlefield: Desert Combat.

thefub said:
I can not think of any Neo game that I could not stop playing except Twinkle Star Sprites on the DC.

Dark Wizards for the Sega CD, Dezaemon 2, Dragon Force and Shienryu for the Saturn. And back in the day Phantasy Star for the Master System.

Dragon Force is the best game I ever forced my mom to get me for $90.

As for SF3TS, I can't say I liked it too much. The graphics were vibrant, yes. Parry system? Spiffy. Boss character?

GOD DAMN YOU!

Anyway, Fatal Fury Special somehow seems to be horribly addictive at times, but Tetris or Asteroids.... hours on those games. But Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is one game I just loved. 90 hours. Few game provide as much depth.

Neo wise, Maybe my PSX copy of Metal Slug X. Sure, it's a Playstation port, but I used it to convert my friends to Neo-ism.

Phix

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Most addictive neo game for me would have to be Metal Slug 2 or KOF 98
Non Neo Final Fantasy 7 or Chrono Trigger
Although SF3 TS and Zelda Minish cap are eating my time atm :buttrock:

Black_Tiger

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If you genuinely mean addictive and not just replayable, then its gotta be Phantasy Star Online.

Any version other than Episode III.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Puyo Pop Fever, Secret of Mana, Pocky & Rocky,
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To A Past & Iridion II
are addicting games that I own & play. :drool: ;)

Jedite

Bunker Buster
NG: I have to say KOF 2001. I know most people don't like it, but, I just find it addicting because it provides a good challenge going against Zero and Igniz. Also, I like the characters in 2001. Another NG game is Fatal Fury Special. It just been one of my favorites.

Non NG: The entire Mega Man series, I always come back to the original MM series especially now that I have the Anniversary Collection.
Another addicting game is Guilty Gear X. God, I love this game. Me and my X-Arcade has played countless hours on it. The best 15 bucks I ever spent. :buttrock: :buttrock:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
MrSmiley381 said:
Dragon Force is the best game I ever forced my mom to get me for $90.

As for SF3TS, I can't say I liked it too much. The graphics were vibrant, yes. Parry system? Spiffy. Boss character?

GOD DAMN YOU!

Anyway, Fatal Fury Special somehow seems to be horribly addictive at times, but Tetris or Asteroids.... hours on those games. But Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is one game I just loved. 90 hours. Few game provide as much depth.

Neo wise, Maybe my PSX copy of Metal Slug X. Sure, it's a Playstation port, but I used it to convert my friends to Neo-ism.
Unhand my Avatr noob.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
as of recent:

Neo: windjammers, Super Sidekicks 2, World Heroes 2

non-neo (all PS2): Winning Eleven/ Pro Evo series, Formula One 04, GTA series

as for the most addictive game ever, that would be very hard to say........ maybe tetris would be a universal one.

Last edited: