most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Leback

Stakes Winner
I think it looks really promising! Nice to see some serious effort put into the game. The art direction fits the series well. Hopefully Gen-An makes a return...

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
A lot of people are saying this steals the look of SF4. If you ask me, SF4 stole the look from SS3/4.

Samurai Showdown had the inky/painted look long before SF4 did, so you could argue this is SNK stealing from Capcom who stole from SNK. :P

Anyways, I'm super stoked. The hair and poly count definitely need some work, but that can all be sussed out in time.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I thought in the last interview with one of the SNK producers they said that the storyline for Last Blade was complete. But I believe they said that a new MotW was a possibility.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'll wait to play it first before I profess my love for it. It looks alright...

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Bakumatsu Roman Gekka no Kenshi was indeed complete in two chapters. I remember a dramatic self-sacrifice in the end of the second and final chapter. And the gate of the underworld was then sealed again.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
A lot of people are saying this steals the look of SF4. If you ask me, SF4 stole the look from SS3/4.

Samurai Showdown had the inky/painted look long before SF4 did, so you could argue this is SNK stealing from Capcom who stole from SNK. :P

Anyways, I'm super stoked. The hair and poly count definitely need some work, but that can all be sussed out in time.

I don't see it as just being similar because of the ink look, the proporcions are notouriously similar, that goofy cheery look. And the overdone backrounds too.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Looking good! I was not expecting this. Just hoping it plays just like the old 2D SamSho games and not like that Xbox 360 one.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I like what I see. I’m cool with the Sumi-E style backgrounds during specials if they stick with that. The thing that set SS apart from the fighters of its time (besides weapons) was the traditional music and style of the locations and characters. They’re utilizing the unreal engine and appealing to a wider audience with the SFIV look, so be it just as long as they nail the gameplay mechanics and here’s hoping for finally figuring out online play (that may be too much to hope for). Fuck it, I’m good with solid gameplay, beautiful backdrops and wonderful BGM that gets me hype.

If the online is solid though, be ready bitches. You will know my name.

*edit* I’m buying this game no matter what. And whatever the highest tier version comes out, that’s what I’ll be buying. Figure I’ve saved thousands of dollars from the dried up well filled with shit games that I can finally splurge on a franchise that is near and dear to my heart.

Last edited:

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
EXCELLENT!!!!! Been waiting a long time for this. Yes, it looks HEAVILY influenced by SFIV, but it suits it. Love the music. I hope it's good.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
This actually looks rad! Color me surprised!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Basara needs to be in this game. It won't be a Sam Sho without him.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
It's ink brush definitely reminds me of SF4.Still if game play turns out right then it will be a victoly ;)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
The animals in the forest stage look like they are made of plastic.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Not perfect but I really dig the style. Glad to see lots of blood too. Hopefully Gaira is in it.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Bottom left? That doesn’t look like Jubei to me.

Looks like Jubei to me. You can see the tip of one sword and the handle of the other. Plus you can see the spot on his shoulder from his outfit.

jubei-yagyu-samurai-shodown-6-tenka-artwork.jpg

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I'm honestly fucking shocked this isn't a god damn pachinko game. If this game plays with the finesse of II with a pinch of good shit from III and IV, Then I'll have 0 complaints. I'm in since we hadn't had a new real Samurai Shodown in years. Honestly I would have had my mind blown if they pulled out World Heroes instead of this.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So far from the Video Clip it looks like its shaping out nicely. It's about time they game the Samsho Series some love. Thank God it's not another KOF.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Looks like Jubei to me. You can see the tip of one sword and the handle of the other. Plus you can see the spot on his shoulder from his outfit.

jubei-yagyu-samurai-shodown-6-tenka-artwork.jpg

Well I think I was trying NOT to see jubei because I know he’s already in the game. Seemed like a sleeveless chap with a sword hanging on back and wrist wraps. Not used to him being sleeveless.

Devils screen grab seals the deal though.

Last edited: