My grandfather has passed away.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I was called by Grandma to rush to the hospital a little before 3 this afternoon as she said there was an emergency. Calling my aunt at work that I was on my way, I kept thinking how I was hoping from her to catch a break earlier in the week between her best friend already dead this week and now this as he went in for surgery to remove a hernia. When we got there, we were scrambling from floor to floor, desk to desk to find him and when a nurse approached us while we were hoping for the best, the news of him not making it after 30 minutes of attempted revival and resuscitation was extremely painful to say the least. We were told by one of the surgeons that there could've been a number of problems that may have occurred, but it probably was due to a blood clot (he had been sick and disabled for most of the past decade while I was away at college with dialysis and all) and since she didn't opt for the autopsy, I suppose I'll have to go with that.

I'm hurting, but Grandma is taking it the hardest for they were married for 46 yrs and her best friend had already died earlier in the week and she was looking to him for comfort and support. Now she has neither to turn to and it was immensely captivating to see how even though they were at each others' throat w/bickering and arguing for so long like The Lockhorns, they always stood together side by side and held it down like an old couple should.

Thanks, Grandpa, for running me up the wall in the process of making me into a good man. :( :)

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'm not entirely sure who you are due to your apparent name change, but either way I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a grandparent is always tough, especially when you were close to them.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Sad to hear that man, whoever you are.

Unfortunately I didn't get to know my grandparents very well - I was a little kid when they passed away - because my parents were old when they had me.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
God keep him.

At around this age you really stop taking grandparents for granted and just thank god for every day you still have them.

When my grandmother was dying I just pussied out and left my mom with her. She had so many close calls before and always came through so I never expected it to be the day it happened.

Poor woman was dead when I got there, but alive her condition was so bad that dying didn't make much of a difference....

And let me tell you, I didn't really start to cry until I saw how it devastated my old man was when he came in.
Crying for the dead seemed futile at the time, more than anything I was just lamenting my own loss of a beloved family member and losing a big part of a much happier youth that was never coming back. The time you have with your grandparents is special.

But all you can do is take care of the family you still have, get ready for new family when the time comes, and let the memories of your grandpa live on through you and those you share your life with.

My condolences, man.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Damn, sorry to hear this Corey, my condolences to you and your family.

Lost the last of my grandparents last year, I didn't find out until 3 months after he died, so I know how you feel.

Hang in there dude, stay strong.

aria

Former Moderator
That's terrible. My sincere condolences.

Surgery is tricky when a person gets around that age --the risks can be huge, and multiplied by other health issues. I've had friends who've lost grandparents in similar circumstances. I'm really sorry.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Corey, I am so sorry for your loss. :(

We're here for you my friend.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Deepest condolence for your loss Corey… be strong and a pillar for your grandma and family members. :(

pandyra

Mr. Big's Thug
We don't know each other well yet, but I'm very sorry for your loss. It sounds like you loved him dearly. Hang in there, man. :(

TonK

Least Valuable Player
That sucks man... bad.

I miss my grandfather a lot.

Lost all my grandparents in 4 years.

2006, 07, 08, 09...

I feel your pain.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong for your grandma.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It sounds like your grandpa had a big influence on your life; I'm glad you were close to him. Take care, man. You're in my thoughts.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. As long as your family still have a place for him in your hearts, the memories will carry on.

All of my grandparents died back in the '80s, within a few years of one another. But I still remember clearly the time I had spent with each one of them.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Damn Corey, sorry to hear that dude. You have my sincere condolences. Keep close to grandma and comfort her in this sad time it helps with the healing process to remember him together.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Sorry to hear of your loss man, I lost my grandma over a year ago. It's still painful for me at times especially when I hear of someone elses loss.

Sorry to hear man, grandparents are some of the coolest people.

I lost one as a youngster, and the other 3 in a really short period of time. It took a long time before I stopped dwelling on it, but at some point you can move on and just have the good memories.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
My sincere condolences. My paternal grandfather was one of my favorite people in the world, and I have so many regrets surrounding his death that it still gets to me. I hope you were able to say your goodbyes and all of your lasting memories will be the good ones.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I'm really sorry to hear that man. I lost my grandpa when I was really little and it messed with me a good bit (most likely why I'm not all there :lolz:) but my heart goes out to you and your family during these times.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Thank you all and his hernia surgery was a success earlier in the week and he was supposed to come home today, but it turns out he had an aneurysm yesterday. We had our problems like any other family, but we eventually got over it and went back to loving each other and making jokes when Grandma was nagging one or both of us about stuff to do around the house. He was also a huge Miami Dolphins and Florida Gators fan and loved watching sports and Westerns. Also, he always enjoyed it when an old classmate or a former coworker from his job at a building supply delivery company came through to see him.

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
You are lucky that you got to know your Grandfather well. My condolences to your family, especially to your Grandmother.