My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic possible 8th-slot EVO World 2013 Tourniment title(?)

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
The first seven EVO titles have been announced:
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
  • Street Fighter X Tekken 2013
  • Persona 4: Arena
  • King of Fighters XIII
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Mortal Kombat 9

As for the eighth...

The eighth game has not been chosen yet. To determine the eighth, Shoryuken is holding a charity drive in which all proceeds will be going to the Breast Cancer Research foundation. The game which raises the most money will be chosen as the eighth game in the EVO tournament.

These games include, but are not limited to, Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl, MLP: Fighting is Magic, Skullgirls, and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. To donate just follow this Link and click on the game you want to see at the EVO championships.

While I like Skullgirls and a lot of the other choices for the eighth slot a whole lot, I very much want MLP:FiM to win... for trolling purposes (and charity).
The SRK buttdevastation would be UNIMAGINABLE.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
If I had known about the polls earlier I would have proposed an NG.com wide push to get Art of Fighting 1 to the top of the list.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's a real pity they don't have more 2D titles. Where is SSF2T or SF3 3rdS or KOF98 or y'know something half decent. AOF1 would've been perfect!

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
How the fuck does SF x Tekken get in, while Virtua Fighter 5 just has a chance???!!!

PS: it's just insulting that either Smash Bros game is a possible eighth game nominee, along with PS all-stars.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
How the fuck does SF x Tekken get in, while Virtua Fighter 5 just has a chance???!!!

PS: it's just insulting that either Smash Bros game is a possible eighth game nominee, along with PS all-stars.

How is MK 9 in this?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

Because only 10 people in the world play VF5.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I would have said that too. But in all fairness, I've never played it. Although I'm sure it sucks.

Although stiff it's a great fighter. Not my preferred style, but it is actually a great title.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
In all fairness, not because ponies are awesome, BUT MLP:FiM is actually a VERY solid fighting game... moreso than even P4A.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
KOF was hands down the best game to watch last year, so I am thrilled it squeaked by.

However, CVS2 or VF5 better win that damn poll!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
In all fairness, not because ponies are awesome, BUT MLP:FiM is actually a VERY solid fighting game... moreso than even P4A.

LOL...What?!

Seeing serious problems regarding hit boxes here. Wider characters=MANY MANY bullshit cross-ups.

Jon

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
They just want to get some traffic to the site so people donate money. That way they can act like heroes when they say, "The FGC came together and raised 10,000 dollars for cancer research!" You're gonna get all of the Bronies and Pegasisters donating money for a game that isn't even finished yet and you're going to get all of the butthurt fans of the other games trying to rile up the troops donating money just so Fighting is Magic isn't included in the tournament. It's as simple as that. MLP fans go nuts when donating money for causes is involved, so their going to pit them together against the other fans. I'm not going to judge a fan made game I haven't played yet, but it's a shame when quality made games like Virtua Fighter aren't accepted by the masses and shit like Sony Smash Brothers has a better chance of being in the tournament.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Pony lovers remind me of this:

18.jpg

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Bronies creep me the fuck out. I've tried to understand where they are coming from, but I just don't get it.

P.S. I call for some Power Stone action. Not the deepest movelist, but when you get two skilled players together, it's a blast.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Bronies creep me the fuck out. I've tried to understand where they are coming from, but I just don't get it.

P.S. I call for some Power Stone action. Not the deepest movelist, but when you get two skilled players together, it's a blast.

I like MLP because my daughter likes MLP. But I'm not gonna preach broniness to everyone.

They should use SFII for the 8th set...or Time Killers...