My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic possible 8th-slot EVO World 2013 Tourniment title(?)

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
What the fuck is that Divekick game they are advertising?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I saw this coming a mile away as the fighting community once again shows their true colors on how douche-tastic they are.

First, FiM will be back in a big way at the Evo 2013 Indie Gaming Showcase (spoiler, the Indie Gaming Showcase from Evo 2012 returns in 2013!). This year we will have multiple setups so a lot more players will get a crack at the game. This is 100% happening regardless of the results of the donation drive, and we’re happy to have the game back for a second year.

Next, we’re removing FiM from the running for the 8th Evo game. If FiM finishes with the most money donated, we will take the game with the second highest donations as the 8th Evo game. But, should FiM win the donation drive, Evo will sponsor an exhibition tournament and run it out of the Indie Gaming Showcase. The top 8 players from the exhibition will fight it out on stage and stream, like previous Evo exhibitions.

One more thing. As you can see, so far the FiM guys are kicking everyone else’s tails (I’m sure there’s a pony pun in there somewhere). So let’s make things a little more interesting. Evo will provide a $1000 bonus to the first place game. If a game manages to take down FiM and come out on top of the donation drive, Evo will spike the tournament pot for $1000. If FiM wins, the $1000 will go towards prizes for their exhibition.

Nevermind the fact that the game is fully-functional sans two characters, but we're gonna lay claim to raising this money even though we were NEVER going to actually allow this game to run... absolutely disgusting. They should be fucking ashamed of themselves for doing that.

The game isn't completed.
Simple as that.
This also prevents people from properly preparing for the game. Same reason DLC characters were banned the first time MK9 hit evo

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
What the fuck is that Divekick game they are advertising?

the one true fighting game.

Played it at UFGT8. Although it is very simple it is actually a great and technical game. Challenges your basics

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I get that you want people to take this game seriously, and maybe someday some people here will.
i'm not trying to be a dick, but no one here is ever going to take this game seriously, ever.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Okay, this is dumb. The money is not going from AIDS to ACS. It's going to Breast Cancer Research. Period. This donation drive was a way for EVO to say, "You want this game so bad? Give charity money to show it." It wasn't, "You wanna give your money to a magical bank account where it's all pretend just to see how much money can be put into a pot so that all the Guilty Gear and Skullgirls people can feel a tiny bit better about themselves that they have a community still since their total is greater than CVS2?" Hell, that's what people seemed to feel like it was since there was strong talks about the community-at-large trolling EVO by donating to MLP's victory.

Guess what though, even AFTER that ruling came down that MLP wasn't going to be top banana because of it not being ready for EVO IFF (if and only if) there was still another $1500 that was donated to the MLP-based charity account FOR FUCKING BREAST CANCER WHICH WAS THE ULTIMATE POINT OF ALL THIS. And guess what, if MLP was really going to be god's gift to EVO then Smash Bros Melee wouldn't have collected over $10,000 by a day or two after the new announcement and still be in the lead.

Refunds? For a CHARITY? Which was the whole point for all this? What the fuck kind of entitlement is this?

im not a mlp fan- so i dont really have a *ahem* horse in this race. i just think its dumb to trick people into giving to a charity. if the wasn't done, it shouldn't have been an option. my argument is not based on the content of the game, it is based on the fact that they tricked people into giving to a charity. People give to charities for all sorts of reasons, im sure there are some people that donated solely to support this game and then mid-drive their reason for donating was taken away. That is stealing no matter how you slice it. If the reason you gave money to a particular charity drive (not directly to the charity, mind you- but to a drive) is removed, it is the responsibility of the people to make it right. EVO has not made it right.

by saying 'it goes to breast cancer research period' coule mean a lot of things. there are lots of breast cancer research charities out there. what if they changed the charity to susan g komen? I dont give to the Susan G Komen foundation because they put qualifiers on how they give. I actually make it a point to NOT give to them. In the end, the winner was not projecting to be what EVO wanted, so they changed the rules of a contest (mid contest). It's not about being entitled, its about doing what you say.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
For the life of me, I can't figure out why people still give a shit about EVO, let alone why a bunch of (this is a shot in the dark here) socially awkward males would be upset because of a game based on a franchise that, since its inception, has always been aimed directly towards little girls.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
im not a mlp fan- so i dont really have a *ahem* horse in this race. i just think its dumb to trick people into giving to a charity. if the game wasn't done, it shouldn't have been an option. my argument is not based on the content of the game, it is based on the fact that they tricked people into giving to a charity. People give to charities for all sorts of reasons, im sure there are some people that donated solely to support this game and then mid-drive their reason for donating was taken away. That is stealing no matter how you slice it. If the reason you gave money to a particular charity drive (not directly to the charity, mind you- but to a drive) is removed, it is the responsibility of the people to make it right. EVO has not made it right.

by saying 'it goes to breast cancer research period' could mean a lot of things. there are lots of breast cancer research charities out there. what if they changed the charity to Susan G Komen? I dont give to the Susan G Komen foundation because they put qualifiers on how they give. I actually make it a point to NOT give to them. In the end, the winner was not projecting to be what EVO wanted, so they changed the rules of a contest (mid contest). It's not about being entitled, its about doing what you say.

How in the fuck do none of you aside cdamm see this?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
At the end of the day what they did was really shitty, BUT the game should have never been considered in the first place since it was not a finished product, and there was no indication that contestants would have an appropriate amount of time to practice the COMPLETED game before evo.

In reality that actually is a double finger wag at the evo organizers.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
At the end of the day what they did was really shitty, BUT the game should have never been considered in the first place since it was not a finished product, and there was no indication that contestants would have an appropriate amount of time to practice the COMPLETED game before evo.

exactly where i stand.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
How in the fuck do none of you aside cdamm see this?

1336662154171.jpg

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

I said it right on the first page, they had no intention of putting this game into the mix. All they wanted to do was build up the hype so people would donate money and they would look good in the face of the media when they say the FGC raised tons of money for cancer research. So here ya go pony fans! Enjoy being in the indy game showcase, whatever the fuck that means!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Well, I hope the ng.com massive don't fall for it when they try to make Fight Fever a contender for 8th game.

Seta- I hear what you are saying, but walk it off, mang. Fix was in since Jumpstreet.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
If they are going to nominate games that they know would not get played even if they won, like MLP, then just put in something like Kizuna or Gangan.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It'd be even a bigger kicker if EVO announced that the money donated now goes to the Livestrong cancer charity instead of the Breast cancer research foundation.