My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic possible 8th-slot EVO World 2013 Tourniment title(?)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
They just want to get some traffic to the site so people donate money. That way they can act like heroes when they say, "The FGC came together and raised 10,000 dollars for cancer research!" You're gonna get all of the Bronies and Pegasisters donating money for a game that isn't even finished yet and you're going to get all of the butthurt fans of the other games trying to rile up the troops donating money just so Fighting is Magic isn't included in the tournament. It's as simple as that. MLP fans go nuts when donating money for causes is involved, so their going to pit them together against the other fans. I'm not going to judge a fan made game I haven't played yet, but it's a shame when quality made games like Virtua Fighter aren't accepted by the masses and shit like Sony Smash Brothers has a better chance of being in the tournament.
Its about popularity, and like I said earlier even though VF5 may be a great game it has a microscopic fan base in the states compared to other games.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Do you know anything about fighting games?

"Rarity" did a 75% combo by repeating a 5 hit combo over and over....yea totally solid build they have.

I do. Same concept as the Steve Fox infinite in T5 but the timing on the Rarity infinite is extremely precise. The game itself is very combo oriented and every character can unleash devastating chains:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Do you know anything about fighting games?

"Rarity" did a 75% combo by repeating a 5 hit combo over and over....yea totally solid build they have.

Eddie, don't try to reason with Seta when it comes to MLP. It is an infallible equestrian deity which has no faults and no equals. :D

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I do. Same concept as the Steve Fox infinite in T5 but the timing on the Rarity infinite is extremely precise. The game itself is very combo oriented and every character can unleash devastating chains:

So now defend your claim as to how this is better than P4A

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Eddie, don't try to reason with Seta when it comes to MLP. It is an infallible equestrian deity which has no faults and no equals. :D

See, here's where you have me judged wrong and I'm going to tell you to eat a dick. I understand that people do not like MLP and respect that as long as it's given a fair chance. I had a buddy who has a daughter and I showed it to them and neither liked it and that's fine. In this particular case, I'm not even defending the ponies.. I'm defending this particular game. I'm almost 100% sure none of you have played it so saying "Oh, that's dumb." is just plain fucking retarded. When you and your buddies sit down and play it and THEN come back saying "Yeah, it's dumb." then and only then will I respect your stance on the matter.

Sure. Now I absolutely love Persona 3 and 4 and thought P4A was going to be the tits. After getting my hands on it though, I just found it was re-skinned BlazBlue which I dunno if it's just something up with me or something with the game mechanics itself but when I play both games it just pisses me off. I will say that P4A does have the balance that BB doesn't, but it still could've been so much more.

As to WHY I say FiM is a step up: those combos aren't easy to do in the current build. Now if it was just button-mashing to do those mass hits I would be on the same page, but if your timing is even the slightest bit off on a hit, your opponent is gonna roll around you and beat the shit out of you. There is a dodging mechanic that is rarely shown in video footage and it's part of what adds to the strategy.

I will say this before I go back to watching the Sea/Atl game, you should at least give the game a chance when it's finished. Just give it a chance. If you still hate it after that, then cool I respect that and you can go back to playing whatever it is you play.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

"It has colorful cartoon horses in it and therefore it's very appealing for my autistic side...and I find them sexually attractive, all my furry friends agree"

Something like that.

Even I would prefer to see VF in there instead of this half-assed amateur effort.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
When they fantasize about them....do they envision themselves as cartoon stallions mounting them, or do they just picture their sweaty, chubby, neckbearded selves catching one and fucking it like an ogre?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
When they fantasize about them....do they envision themselves as cartoon stallions mounting them, or do they just picture their sweaty, chubby, neckbearded selves catching one and fucking it like an ogre?

this avenue of discussion makes me wonder if there's ever been an extensive psychological analysis of a Furry

i find the whole thing quite fascinating to be honest since it's so far removed from ability to comprehend

SSS

neo retired
You guys have seta all wrong. He keeps the ponies around for polar expeditions to the Hoth system. Should the weather turn sour he can gut them and wear their innards for warmth.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Moon Jump nailed it.

SRK is heeling, hard. Love it. Get that monies.

PPGs>MLPs.

That Pinky Pie could have a solo show, tho. Silly=good fun.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

About half of them self-insert themselves as the ponies looking forward to that one special breeder stallion.

The other half just wants to fuck horses.

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
See, here's where you have me judged wrong and I'm going to tell you to eat a dick. I understand that people do not like MLP and respect that as long as it's given a fair chance. I had a buddy who has a daughter and I showed it to them and neither liked it and that's fine. In this particular case, I'm not even defending the ponies.. I'm defending this particular game. I'm almost 100% sure none of you have played it so saying "Oh, that's dumb." is just plain fucking retarded. When you and your buddies sit down and play it and THEN come back saying "Yeah, it's dumb." then and only then will I respect your stance on the matter.

Sure. Now I absolutely love Persona 3 and 4 and thought P4A was going to be the tits. After getting my hands on it though, I just found it was re-skinned BlazBlue which I dunno if it's just something up with me or something with the game mechanics itself but when I play both games it just pisses me off. I will say that P4A does have the balance that BB doesn't, but it still could've been so much more.

As to WHY I say FiM is a step up: those combos aren't easy to do in the current build. Now if it was just button-mashing to do those mass hits I would be on the same page, but if your timing is even the slightest bit off on a hit, your opponent is gonna roll around you and beat the shit out of you. There is a dodging mechanic that is rarely shown in video footage and it's part of what adds to the strategy.

I will say this before I go back to watching the Sea/Atl game, you should at least give the game a chance when it's finished. Just give it a chance. If you still hate it after that, then cool I respect that and you can go back to playing whatever it is you play.

You keep talking about, and showing, video footage. Zero personal anecdotes.

Have you actually played this game?

Last edited:

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
I just wanted to say: PINKY PIE IS OP!

DeadpoolLovesPinkiePiePinkiePieismyfavoritepony_a49eca_3315272_zpsf3ef7651.jpg

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
fighting game scene is just not for my old ass anymore it seems, why does every damn fetish need a fighting game to go along with it? even if I liked any of this stuff, why do I need to cross my jerk time over with my fighting game fun time?

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
fighting game scene is just not for my old ass anymore it seems, why does every damn fetish need a fighting game to go along with it? even if I liked any of this stuff, why do I need to cross my jerk time over with my fighting game fun time?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member

What? You're not into D.P. Fist(ing) Bout?

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper

Fighters right now are going through a second golden age (or a lasting silver age), so if there are a bunch of quirky or niche games coming out, it's actually a GOOD thing, because that leads to overturning of conventional wisdom and creative experimentation which leads to some really neat stuff later, however there's some games which the experiment dosen't work, and the end result is neigh-unplayable kusoge (which can be fun in a different way...).

Anyway, are you not old enough to remember the good/bad old days (8 & 16-bit era) when just about every hot media property (and not so hot...) had a shitty 2D platformer videogame tie-in? While at the same time, some really, really, brilliant games came out. Everyone remembers the good ones and inevitably forgets the bad (unless it's REALLY bad), the thing is... you can't have the wheat with out the chaff.

Here's some chaff: Behold the HORROR...
Spoiler:

So what, if it's a fucking pony fighting game? It's not going to turn you gay (or furry... or gay furry... maybe...), who care what anyone thinks as long as it's fun? Right?

Although, in the end...

Last edited:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
The fighting game community is assumed dead.
Conquered, if you will, by a master race of giant space ponies.
It's difficult to tell from this vantage point if they will consume the community or enslave them.
One thing is for certain; There is no stopping them. The ponies will soon be here.

And I, for one, welcome our new equine overlords.
I'd like to remind them that, as a trusted forum personality, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil
in their sun-drenched apple fields.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Make the final game Fatal Fury Special and be done with it.

SRK trying to go the charity route is as normal as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.