My phone just died.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I have an old Galaxy S8+ that just died. Phone was pretty good but just died without warning. I need a new phone, can you guys recommend at good android phone.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So you have all this money and you don't have a backup phone? Unbelievable.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
What’s your budget? LG is out of the mobile business, so it looks like either Samsung galaxy whatever you can afford or a google pixel 4 or 5. Motorola has some ok budget phones. I’m surprised if a phone lasts more than 2-3 years anymore.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I have a Moto G7. It's a pretty nice phone with an unlockable bootloader. It's got a stupid cut-out on the top of the display for the front camera, but you can set a debug option that just makes the screen shorter instead. The Indian retail version is $150 on Amazon and works with T-Mobile US.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
my condolences to you and yours..
BB
I have a Moto G7. It's a pretty nice phone with an unlockable bootloader. It's got a stupid cut-out on the top of the display for the front camera, but you can set a debug option that just makes the screen shorter instead. The Indian retail version is $150 on Amazon and works with T-Mobile US.
I'm going to have to look into this...the internet works flawlessly? No outdated browser messages nonsense?
EDIT: looks like an option for me.
BB

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Ive had an S9 for about 3 - 4 years and have dropped it multiple times no cracks but maybe its because I have a good case. Id reccomend it. I originally had one before this but the ex girlfriend got drunk and destroyed it. But even then it took some effort on her part.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

This chain of stores are authorized Samsung repair centers. I got my s9 fixed for 80 bucks when the charge port went bad. Best decision I ever made. I wasn't ready to upgrade.

I think I will though finally on BF. I usually try to go with 3-4 year cycles on my phones now.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I have a Motorola G7 power.
Unbranded/unlocked I got from Amazon a year ago?
5000 something mAH battery, seemingly lasts forever.
Was about $250.

Oh wow, I've had this longer than I thought. Way cheaper now.
Probably something better out by now.

Last edited:

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Do you have a wireless charger?
Try using one to see if the charging port is shot.

Maybe your battery is shot?

I'd recommend a note 20, or a S20 if you are sticking with Samsung. The new S21 phones do not have expandable storage.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Do you have a wireless charger?
Try using one to see if the charging port is shot.

Maybe your battery is shot?

I'd recommend a note 20, or a S20 if you are sticking with Samsung. The new S21 phones do not have expandable storage.
Can confirm, son just got an S21 ultra 128gb, sealed battery, no SD card slot.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I've never owned a phone without a removable battery. Obviously I'd be no help in regards to current phones.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Was planning to just buy the s21 but yeah i looked it up no SD. That was usually the main reason i never got an iphone.