NBA Finals 2009 -- THE LAKERS (vs the Magic)

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I found tonight's game overall very sloppy, by both teams. That first quarter was like watching two last place teams play.
I think bringing in Jameer to play this soon really hurt us.

I was kinda hoping they were keeping him on the sidelines until Game 3. But now Anthony Johnson has gotten no playing time in the past two games when he really should've been playing. Playing no true point guard (other than Turkoglu) was an interesting move since it made Redick another 3 point threat out there, but he only hit one big shot.

If we had AJ in there I think he still could've hit more shots than Rafer Alston (since Rafer has been shooting terrible this whole series so far) and we were making stupid turnovers and having AJ out there would've prevented that from happening.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
At a certain point though, it is the motto "A win is a win" right?

Doesn't matter if it was a 1 point win or a 100 point win, they both count the same.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
At a certain point though, it is the motto "A win is a win" right?

Doesn't matter if it was a 1 point win or a 100 point win, they both count the same.

Oh, I agree. A win is a win. But at the same time, if the Magic won that game with that Courtney Lee shot, I wouldn't be posting that "Orlando dominated the Lakers."

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
But how can you like both Angels and Dodgers?

I root for all the local teams. I live in LA County so :loco:

If the Dodgers and Angels are out of it i'd pull for the Pads. I wouldn't say im a fan of them however. I was a HUGE Steve Garvey fan growing up so there's the SD connection.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
I root for all the local teams. I live in LA County so :loco:

If the Dodgers and Angels are out of it i'd pull for the Pads. I wouldn't say im a fan of them however. I was a HUGE Steve Garvey fan growing up so there's the SD connection.

Thanks for proving it that you're a bandwagoner. Do you root for USC football and UCLA basketball?

Neo Mike

20 Year Member
Pulling for a team is far different than being a "Fan" of a team. Fan is short for "Fanatic".

You Padre fans are hilarious.

Neo Mike

20 Year Member
But how can you like both Angels and Dodgers?

Some of you more familiar with baseball probably already know this, but for those that aren't in the know -- the Angels and Dodgers are not a real rivalry by any means.

The Dodgers traditional rivals are the Giants, always have been, always will be, since back in Brooklyn. This is arguably one of the best and storied rivalries in all of sports. The Dodgers also have a pretty decent rivalry with the Yankees going back to NY.

The Angels and Dodgers "rivalry" is more or less a fun matchup for the LA area. Light hearted jokes, Very VERY different from the Mets - Yankees, Cubs - ChiSox rivalries.

I'm not at all surprised the Padre fan joined in here either. San Diego has been and probably always will be obsessed with Los Angeles.

This behavior will likely continue until they find a real rivalry instead of always trying to create one with LA. It just kills them that LA cares more about what was the last place Giants than the Padres.

I have a couple of friends that live in SD and it just kills them that I wouldn't "Just admit" that San Diego was LA's real rivalry. There's nothing to admit to and the overall indifference to them is why they hate LA even more.

Face it. LA = Polarizing.

Last edited:

Neo Mike

20 Year Member
Thanks for proving it that you're a bandwagoner. Do you root for USC football and UCLA basketball?

This coming from a city that has never won a professional sports champship and has the Chargers looking for a new stadium or city to play in.

Los Angeles Chargers?

A "Padres Fan". Almost like seeing a Unicorn these days. :lol:

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
This coming from a city that has never won a professional sports champship and has the Chargers looking for a new stadium or city to play in.

Los Angeles Chargers?

A "Padres Fan". Almost like seeing a Unicorn these days. :lol:

LOL, no! I do root for the Pads and no other baseball team, but I fucking hate the Chargers.

I think I said it several times that I'm a Raider fan during football season, even though they suck ass ATM because of a the certain Owner.

Los Angeles Chargers?

If the Bolts do leave, it won't be up the 5 for sure. LA has proven they can't hold onto two NFL teams. Hell, even alot of LA people believe that USC football would still draw a better crowd if the NFL decides to give the city an expansion team.

Neo Mike

20 Year Member
LOL, no! I do root for the Pads and no other baseball team, but I fucking hate the Chargers.

I think I said it several times that I'm a Raider fan during football season, even though they suck ass ATM because of a the certain Owner.

Los Angeles Chargers?

If the Bolts do leave, it won't be up the 5 for sure. LA has proven they can't hold onto two NFL teams. Hell, even alot of LA people believe that USC football would still draw a better crowd if the NFL decides to give the city an expansion team.

I actually hope they come up to LA. For now i'm a SD Chargers fan, but whatever team comes here and has "Los Angeles __________" in the name i'll end up rooting for i'm sure. Trips down to the Q take forever and waste the whole day.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I actually hope they come up to LA. For now i'm a SD Chargers fan, but whatever team comes here and has "Los Angeles __________" in the name i'll end up rooting for i'm sure. Trips down to the Q take forever and waste the whole day.

If they move to LA they're going to change the name to the Rolling Blackouts.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I'm a Yankee fan and I would never root for the Mets outside of hoping they crash and burn every year.

Was a Giants fan when I was a kid, never rooted for the Jets outside of hoping they'd crash and burn.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm a Yankee fan and I would never root for the Mets outside of hoping they crash and burn every year.

Was a Giants fan when I was a kid, never rooted for the Jets outside of hoping they'd crash and burn.

Jets have always been more fun to watch. Fuck the g-men.

aria

Former Moderator
Neo Mike is definitely not a USC football fan --He's green (and yellow) with envy :p

If they move to LA they're going to change the name to the Rolling Blackouts.

Which would be funny, because LA didn't get rolling blackouts because it didn't deregulate its power and thus get conned by Enron (old school massive government LA DWP FTW!)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Lol at the "I'm a real fan and you're not" debate that got started here.

Anyway, damn, poor Magic's only shot is toast now.

I disagree with all the criticism toward Courney Lee last night, though- looking at the replays of that last play, Pau had some great defense on that, IMO, he had the rim pretty well sealed and left hardly any room for CL to get a shot up, thus the mega-bonk. Great job of not fouling but still leaving a next to impossible angle/look at the cup.

Of course, CL at the shot a few seconds earlier, um, no comment.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
crying.jpg

I can't believe this guy is going to get a NBA championship ring for absolutely doing nothing.

Neo Mike

20 Year Member
I believe I successfully derailed another NBA thread into a Baseball discussion.

Nice.

The long and short of it is:

LETS GO LA!

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Jets have always been more fun to watch. Fuck the g-men.

Not really.

The Jets and the Mets are perpetual losers that have a fanbase comprised of people who want to give up on life.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Jets ain't going to be so bad now that Rex Ryan is running the show and BrittFar is gone.

I'm not a fan, but still, any team that gets rid of BrittFar and knows to rip him as he heads out the door deserves a few points.

I'm stuck rooting for Neckbeard and Wifebeater (I know he's not married but that rolls off the tongue better).

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
I'm a Yankee fan and I would never root for the Mets outside of hoping they crash and burn every year. / Was a Giants fan when I was a kid, never rooted for the Jets outside of hoping they'd crash and burn.
I'm a big fan of traditional "hatred rivalries." It's a lost art here in the U.S.A., as if people think that supporting one thing (of any nature) doesn't inherently require the rejection of the opposite side's values, those who support it, and anything remotely related to it.

On that note, the beautiful tradition of throwing an enemy's home run ball back on to the field, is grounds for being thrown out of a stadium thanks to MLB's official wussifying of rivalry. :oh_no:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The Lakers gave them a game so they can finish in LA.
lol

Keep thinking that. Even if they did "give Orlando a game" they'd need to give the Magic at least two (if Lakers were intending on winning the series in L.A.) because it's a 2-3-2 format.

I'm glad Magic got the win, we shot very well. But Orlando still needs to win game 4 in order to make this a real series. I'd like to see better closeouts on defense and better rebounding from everybody on the Magic not named Dwight Howard.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
NBA Finals
Los Angeles vs Orlando
All games on ABC and TSN
Lakers lead series 2-1

Game 1- Los Angeles 100, Orlando 75.
Game 2- Los Angeles 101, Orlando 96, OT
Game 3- Orlando 108, Los Angeles 104.
Game 4- at Orlando Thursday, June 11, 9 pm ET