NBA Finals 2009 -- THE LAKERS (vs the Magic)

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Second best team (most likely) ain't that bad.

Huge improvement over losing a series 4-1 in the second round last year for us. :p

dwade is avalible for the 2010 FA also pick up Chris Andersen as well and maybe you'll see justice league
also if turkglu decide to go... get joe johnson the guy can create his own shots and is clutch in the end of game

Last edited:

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
dwade is avalible for the 2010 FA also pick up Chris Andersen as well and maybe you'll see justice league
also if turkglu decide to go... get joe johnson the guy can create his own shots and is clutch in the end of game

LA!

Party on Fig!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
NBA Finals
Los Angeles vs Orlando
Lakers win series 4-1

Game 1- Los Angeles 100, Orlando 75.
Game 2- Los Angeles 101, Orlando 96, OT.
Game 3- Orlando 108, Los Angeles 104.
Game 4- Los Angeles 99, Orlando 91.
Game 5- Los Angeles 99, Orlando 86.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

Yep, a guy like Joe Johnson would be perfect on our team.

Just to reiterate though, it was a great season for us especially considering our situation with Jameer Nelson's injury (and somehow finding a way to get a guy like Rafer Alston and not trade any huge pieces). This is the best an Orlando Magic team has performed in the postseason and I really hope it's something we can build on. I'm really proud of the Orlando Magic and looking forward to the last season at Amway Arena in the 2009-10 season!

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Yep, a guy like Joe Johnson would be perfect on our team.

There's no way the Hawks are gonna part with Joe. They know we'd drop out of being a playoff team with him gone and it appears the owners (The Spirit Group) seems very dedicated to building the Hawks up.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
There's no way the Hawks are gonna part with Joe. They know we'd drop out of being a playoff team with him gone and it appears the owners (The Spirit Group) seems very dedicated to building the Hawks up.

Hence why I said a guy like Joe Johnson. It doesn't necessarily have to be Joe Johnson. We need a guy who can score at will, create his own shot.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Gross. The Lakers won.

I didn't even watch the game, though. The poor state of NBA reffing just killed the whole playoffs for me. Not that I'm saying the Lakers were handed anything or they didn't deserve it, because they definitely were the superior team. But this was by far the worst year ever in terms of referees. The NHL was so much better it's not even funny.

Neo Mike

20 Year Member
Gross. The Lakers won.

I didn't even watch the game, though. The poor state of NBA reffing just killed the whole playoffs for me. Not that I'm saying the Lakers were handed anything or they didn't deserve it, because they definitely were the superior team. But this was by far the worst year ever in terms of referees. The NHL was so much better it's not even funny.

Coming from a Rookies fan :)

aria

Former Moderator
LAKERS, baby!

I can't even fathom the amount of coke Jack's going to be snorting off buxom 20 year old chests this evening.

Neo Mike

20 Year Member
1st title here in la in 7 yrs.... DODGERS next?

BTW Chick Hearn Ct and Fig Closed tonight. Stay away local peeps.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Gross. The Lakers won.

Completely agree. NBA is a joke. Lakers fans are bigger jokes, as they only appear from the woodwork when the Lakers do well. Where were the Lakers fans during the regular season?

Watching college sports.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Yah, fuck the Lakers and LA fans. And it is hilarious that Philly fans behaved better than LA fans after a championship.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
don't be hatin they did deserved more then the magic's and kobe just turned on so the better team won

ps.. so phil will not be back next season ?? if so who ever replace him will have a free ride cause, i don't think they have to place first next year they just need to make the play off and used this play, same damn play kobe kobe kobe then pau then kobe then pau then kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe then fish/ariza/vuejic/farmar with a occasional 3 pointer

Last edited:

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Truthfully, I could never get excited over winning a championship in a sport that has proven to be rigged.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
don't be hatin they did deserved more then the magic's and kobe just turned on so the better team won

ps.. so phil will not be back next season ?? if so who ever replace him will have a free ride cause, i don't think they have to place first next year they just need to make the play off and used this play, same damn play kobe kobe kobe then pau then kobe then pau then kobe kobe kobe kobe kobe then fish/ariza/vuejic/farmar with a occasional 3 pointer

If that's true, I wish they would just promote Kurt Rambis to head coach instead of looking for another one like they did with Rudy Tomjanovich after Phil left in '04.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Every time I see this in a basketball thread, I tend to wonder if the person writing it even realises that they're indirectly rooting for the Hornets.

Did you go on some looting and rampaging with all the other LA crazies?
LOL Southern California(ns)
icon30.gif