NBA Season 23/24

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I was disappointed how he threw in the towel with just under a minute left. They were down by 6 I think at the time. Slim chance of coming back at that point but with the season and title defense on the line on their home court they should at least try. That was what AE was giving him shit about right at the end I think.

racecar

Iori's Therapist
20 Year Member
Damn joker would’ve needed that 50-20-15 game to win . Carried a lot of dead weight with that teammates scoring.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Jokic vs. 50+ win playoff teams in career: 0-5.

Doncic vs. 50+ win playoff teams in 2024: 2-0.

Best Slav?

Taiso

Outside of Causality
20 Year Member
This is the problem with going so hard in these forums.

When things out of your control go the opposite of how you want, the jackals will come out to feast.

Very fine, very intelligent jackals that would all be welcome at my neo gathering.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Come have a seat next to me @famicommander at the bench of crushing, soul destroying sports defeat.

A lot of my fellow Suns fans here, but we have some room at the end. Just wear your NBA championship hat from last year. Promise it'll make you feel better.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Watching the Nuggets coach act like an absolute bitch in the post game presser has honestly warmed my soul. No credit to the TWolves, excuses and complaints galore. After all the shit he talked after the two Lakers series and the finals last year, he definitely seems like the “can dish it out but absolutely cannot take it” kinda guy.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Watching the Nuggets coach act like an absolute bitch in the post game presser has honestly warmed my soul. No credit to the TWolves, excuses and complaints galore. After all the shit he talked after the two Lakers series and the finals last year, he definitely seems like the “can dish it out but absolutely cannot take it” kinda guy.
He acted the same way when the Suns swept them in their 20/21 Finals run.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
He acted the same way when the Suns swept them in their 20/21 Finals run.
I believe it, although the only thing I remember for sure from that series was this dude and the absolute ass beating he gave out after this moment

1716230924495.png

100proof

10 Year Member
This is the problem with going so hard in these forums.

When things out of your control go the opposite of how you want, the jackals will come out to feast.

Very fine, very intelligent jackals that would all be welcome at my neo gathering.

That's the thing. Ultimately, I don't have any real investment in who wins/loses as long as I get to watch greatness. Joker's still the best player in the league and the Nugs will be perennial contenders for the foreseeable future provided they can make smart offseason personnel moves. When you act like an insufferable homer though, people are always going to take great joy in clowning you when your team loses... particularly in humiliating fashion like last night.

On the bright side, at least he still has the Avs to... oh wait.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I believe it, although the only thing I remember for sure from that series was this dude and the absolute ass beating he gave out after this moment

View attachment 74480
Suns in 4 guy was such a magical moment after suffering for so, so long in the 2010s.

Rooting the Wolves. I want to see teams that have never won a title or haven't in a really long time (except for the Clippers) finally make it and take them away from the "big market" teams like the Lakers, Warriors, Heat, and Celtics.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Suns in 4 guy was such a magical moment after suffering for so, so long in the 2010s.

Rooting the Wolves. I want to see teams that have never won a title or haven't in a really long time (except for the Clippers) finally make it and take them away from the "big market" teams like the Lakers, Warriors, Heat, and Celtics.
I’m of course gonna root for the Lakers, but I absolutely understand why people outside of LA wouldn’t.

Anybody but Boston would be nice, but the Wolves winning would be what I wanna see most. Dallas has been playing some really good basketball lately too so it should be a good series.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I’m of course gonna root for the Lakers, but I absolutely understand why people outside of LA wouldn’t.

Anybody but Boston would be nice, but the Wolves winning would be what I wanna see most. Dallas has been playing some really good basketball lately too so it should be a good series.
you will always be a pistons fan

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Joker is not the best player in the fucking league. See you guys next season

Taiso

Outside of Causality
20 Year Member
I need to seriously ask about Fami at this point. Has anyone seen him around these parts since the Nuggies went down? Is anyone staying in touch with him?

I don't believe he'd harm himself over sports but his silence in the other threads is odd to me.

Or maybe this is just how it is now. I am still refamiliarizing myself with this space.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Knicks playoffs run 2024

knicks.gif

I love this team and I'm not disappointed. They give everything they have and more. The January Knicks will return.
Crom bless Thibs.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
@Taiso I'm sure fami is fine, just butthurt. Dude has no problem talking shit all year, bit now he's embarrassed because his team blew the biggest lead in game 7 NBA playoff history. Funny, he had no problems gloating when they won their last three games... He's obnoxious when his teams do well, but can't handle it when it goes the other way.

100proof

10 Year Member
Yeah, this is his MO. He was puffing his chest out when Russell Wilson signed with the Broncos but ghosted the NFL threads the second it became obvious that Wilson was washed and that his team was dogshit.

Don't worry... he'll be back providing stat lines for the local lacrosse team soon enough.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Fami ,bring that ass back in this thread. Thought you had a little dynasty on your hands. NOPE fucking Rocky Mountain Raptors one and done. Aaron Gordon was overachieving and as a Lakers fan. I knew KCP would eventually turn into KCP.

Taiso

Outside of Causality
20 Year Member
I think the only times I've ever been as invested in sports, of all things, as Fami was when the Bulls were running off their threepeats and when the Cubs won in 2016. To me, those were the only special championships in recent Chicago history.

I enjoyed the Blackhawks' run but playoff hockey is too intense for me. Even when it's two teams I don't care about.

It's just sports. Especially given recent life developments, I can say with some clarity and perspective that it is the least important thing to talk shit about. Even when I'm making fun of Lebronze, its more because I love the memes. I don't genuinely hate the guy even though I think he's the most overrated 'top 75' guy in the history of the game.

And anyway, none of us are playing for those teams. We aren't doing anything to help them accomplish anything. Weird thing to be proud about. And kinda gay.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I think the only times I've ever been as invested in sports, of all things, as Fami was when the Bulls were running off their threepeats and when the Cubs won in 2016. To me, those were the only special championships in recent Chicago history.

I enjoyed the Blackhawks' run but playoff hockey is too intense for me. Even when it's two teams I don't care about.

It's just sports. Especially given recent life developments, I can say with some clarity and perspective that it is the least important thing to talk shit about. Even when I'm making fun of Lebronze, its more because I love the memes. I don't genuinely hate the guy even though I think he's the most overrated 'top 75' guy in the history of the game.

And anyway, none of us are playing for those teams. We aren't doing anything to help them accomplish anything. Weird thing to be proud about. And kinda gay.
nah, he's a piece of shit. I started genuinely hating lebron after the Hong Kong crap, walking around with a Malcolm X book he never read, and attempting to copyright/trademark "Taco Tuesday". on top of all this, he ruins the sport with his sloppy, clumsy play getting bailed out by foul calls and crying. oh and his constant yelling and complaining about his teammates when he fucks up. like when he turns over the ball and he starts yelling at his teammates lol.

Last edited: