NEED ADVICE - Looking for a real Samurai Shodown 1

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Not the 32-in-1 that was an official cart. There were pirate multicarts for the 2600, they were on gamesniped. I'm assuming they're from the 2600's prime.

I'm not sure if the FDS had a whole lot to do with the copier scene, but it's possible.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
1. The FDS disks were essentially a modified version of the Mistumi Quickdisk format. There were adapters available in HK and Japan that allowed users to use Quickdisks in their FDS system. Pirates never made it so that regular floppies could be used. There were tons of pirate FDS disks available in Hong Kong, I used to have a large collection of them. There were multiple ways to copy official FDS disks to either modified Quickdisks or pirated FDS disks.

2. Also untrue. All FDS drives had write capability, as they had to be able to write to the disks to save the data. Earlier drives could be used to copy entire disks, later drives had to be modified to allow copying of disks.

1. I have a copier that uses regular 3.5" floppies. It's the Super Disk system made by Gamars in HK. This thing copies cartridge ROM data into floppies, more than one floppies can be used for Super Famicom games where the data goes above 8M.

2. OK. Perhaps I was misleading people on this. When I typed "write", I meant transcribing game ROM data from ROM format to disk format. Saving progress status within the disk itself is definitely supported (and touted) by the system.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Not the 32-in-1 that was an official cart. There were pirate multicarts for the 2600, they were on gamesniped. I'm assuming they're from the 2600's prime.

I'm not sure if the FDS had a whole lot to do with the copier scene, but it's possible.

The 32-in-1 was an official release as a pack in with the 2600jr, set to compete with the NES. That was the first multicart for Atari though (though it's not clear why or how Atari included games made by Activision without getting either their consent or being sued), the pirated multicarts came later.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
The 32-in-1 was an official release as a pack in with the 2600jr, set to compete with the NES. That was the first multicart for Atari though (though it's not clear why or how Atari included games made by Activision without getting either their consent or being sued), the pirated multicarts came later.

alright, I'll take that. Like I said, I assumed they were from their prime since that would be the most profitable time to make them. NES multicarts are still made in large numbers today because of the NES on a chip allowing quick, cheap, easy to make clones.