Nelson Mandela passes away at 95.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/06/world/africa/nelson-mandela_obit.html?hp&_r=0

Not like it can be considered surprising as the man was 95 & his health has been slipping in recent months, but godspeed nonetheless.

Nothing against Paul Walker (and not that it's a competion or anything, just an unfortunate barometer), but the fact that his (untimely) passing will probably get more attention from the majority of the world than Mandela's is a bit shameful.

Last edited:

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I reckon he was one of the good one's in the world.

Mac91

10 Year Member
I really liked Shawshank Redemption too. What a great actor, going to be missed...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This has been online for a few months as rumors, so when I saw the latest news on facebook and such I immediately googled it to confirm. Sad to say, they were finally right.

Now let's see how many of those who say they will miss Mandela actually understand what he did to receive such noteworthy respect upon his passing

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
http://www.theonion.com/articles/ne...lMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default
OHANNESBURG—Following the death of former South African president and civil rights leader Nelson Mandela today at the age of 95, sources confirmed that the revered humanitarian has become the first politician in recorded history to actually be missed. “Today we lost not only an international hero and a symbol of the resilient human spirit, but also the very first political figure ever who people actively wish was still alive and affecting world affairs,” said political historian Wallace M. Delaney of Columbia University, adding that Mandela will long be remembered for enduring 27 years in prison in the fight against apartheid, championing equality across the globe, and standing alone as the only world leader whose passing left the international community grief-stricken and feeling a palpable void in their lives. “Certainly people have felt a sense of sorrow at the deaths of politicians in the past, but Nelson Mandela’s death is the only one on record that people everywhere unanimously agree has left the world notably worse off. I miss him, we all miss him—and that’s entirely unprecedented in the world of politics.” Delaney added that he could not predict who might be the second politician to be missed by humanity, but confirmed there were no viable candidates anywhere out there right now.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
"People learn to hate. If people learn to hate then they can be taught to love."

-Nelson Mandela

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
All joking aside...RIP he was an amazing man and an even better human being.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Nelson or Malcolm X? said:
There are thousands of people who feel that it is useless and futile for us to continue talking peace and non-violence — against a government whose only reply is savage attacks on an unarmed and defenceless people. And I think the time has come for us to consider, in the light of our experiences at this day at home, whether the methods which we have applied so far are adequate.

-

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I agree with Mandela and Malcom.

I totally understand the views of both with regard to the use of violence.

Mandela's legacy, however, is one of non-violence in the post-apartheid era. One of hope and national unity.

Last edited:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
I agree with Mandela and Malcom.

I totally understand the views of both with regard to the use of violence.

Mandela's legacy, however, is one of non-violence in the post-apartheid era. One of hope and national unity.

Go out and buy Alex Haileys biography of Malcom X, if you haven't already read it. Seriously one of the most interesting books I've ever read, couldn't put it down. RIP Nelson, may you be reincarnated as something more worthy of your greatness.

Mac91

10 Year Member
The British Prime Minister in tfe 80s called Mandela a 'terrorist'. So glad he outlived her.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I just never could get into the whole Mandela thing. I was just too young i guess.