Neo Candy Club

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey
Where did you get the Neo 29 Panel from?
I am a newbie here but have a Neo 29.
and a Capcom Impress...
I also need locks for my 29

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
P5080240.JPG

Here are mine! By the way, I noticed that the Super Neo 29 used to have some sort of marquee holder up to. Does anyone know where you can buy a repro or similar? Would be cool to have something on display there.

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
MAN if you find another super neo 29 CP ..PLEASE
let me know!......awesome score !
About all mine needs
THANKS !!

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
Anyone know which stick mounting brackets are needed for the Neo-Candy 29?

Mine are put in at an angle and I would like them to fit right.

Dache

n00b
Hi guys - I realise this is a Neo Candy thread, but I wanted to ask if anyone recognised this Neo standup cab someone is selling close to me, and thought this would be my best bet to find people who'd likely know...

I've looked around various wikis and FAQs, but no one seems to have any info on this particular cab model. It's a 6-slot (or at least it comes with one), and I'm based in the UK so maybe it's a Europe-only cab. But I can't find any other pictures of this model other than from this guy, so I'm wondering if it's a somewhat convincing conversion, at least with photos this low quality.

Do anyone know anything about it, please?

yjl8E6X.jpg

DMdkBFM.jpg

ciyHx0j.jpg

LITe1nY.jpg

If anyone has any info about this, I'd be really grateful for the input... thanks.

Dache

n00b
I would've done, but I'm not allowed to make new threads! The auction is only around for less than two days, so I had to act fast.

Yeah, I was worried that it was a Frankencab, whoever did the decals didn't do too bad a job, but I had a feeling I'd seen the NEOGEO Station graphic somewhere else before but couldn't place where. Oh well, I'll forget about it and keep looking for a proper candy in the UK...

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
So I took a little jaunt up to Maine over the weekend and came back with this,
WP_001133_zps6edaec97.jpg

WP_001135_zps37b39df9.jpg

Sides are in pretty nice condition, the fold down monitor cover and marquee holder are yellowing (whatever)
WP_001134_zps25b90b81.jpg

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I swapped the 1st player stick that was pretty gunked up with a better condition Ls-32 I had laying around and realized feels totally different than the 2nd player stick that I left alone. Both were definitely Seimitsu. Did the Neo candies originally have LS-40s? just curious.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I swapped the 1st player stick that was pretty gunked up with a better condition Ls-32 I had laying around and realized feels totally different than the 2nd player stick that I left alone. Both were definitely Seimitsu. Did the Neo candies originally have LS-40s? just curious.
every single neo panel I picked up all had ls-32s on them so I don't thnk so. (PS, I've owned 3 now. a 2l8b a 2l8b modded into a 2l16b (not by me) and a 2l12b ;) )

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If the replacement stick has both of the two OEM dust washers installed (one under/one over the baseplate), it could explain the difference.

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
If the replacement stick has both of the two OEM dust washers installed (one under/one over the baseplate), it could explain the difference.

That was pretty slick, I did use both dust washers Under and Over and the other one only has one over; impressive:p

So I had a look at a DC stick I modded with an Ls-40 a few years back, and it's definitely different from the Ls-32. Notice the 40's cheese gate, versus the 32's normal green one:
WP_001138_zpsbab72cb7.jpg

L.V. having 3 panels all with 32s puts this to rest for me. Another reason I asked was I remember reading a blurb on Akihabarashop saying that most Neo cabs in Japan came with LS-40s; that's why I modded my DC stick with one. Guess that was bunk.

Next pointless question: I noticed in the flyer for the Neo Candy 25 on Hardmvs that the buttons were RYGB colored with black rims....would they have been Sanwa, or Seimitsu?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
So I just tated the monitor in my super neo 29 only to find that the back access panel no longer fits. WTF is that about? I mean it's obvious that it's meant to be rotated since everything else on the cab accommodates both orientations. I'm baffled, completely baffled.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
So I just tated the monitor in my super neo 29 only to find that the back access panel no longer fits. WTF is that about? I mean it's obvious that it's meant to be rotated since everything else on the cab accommodates both orientations. I'm baffled, completely baffled.

Tated the monitor in anticipation of something new huh? Ha! Ha! ;)

pipes

Tated the monitor in anticipation of something new huh? Ha! Ha! ;)

LOL! Is it that obvious?

It's my first time going vert. - I suspect this cab will never see another horizontal game for the rest of it's life. :)

pipes

So I decided to move the chassis frame to the other side of the tube and we're all good. The back panel fits perfectly again.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
So I decided to move the chassis frame to the other side of the tube and we're all good. The back panel fits perfectly again.

Photos of XYX on the Super please :) That is going to be awesome!