Neo Candy Club

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Congrats Chem, I always like to see Candy's restored to their former glory. Well done.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...but you don't like Neo...

lol, good job. That cab brings back memories.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Thank you...

Spoiler:
for not stealing this one from me :p

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Thank you...

Spoiler:
for letting me have this one :p

You're welcome. :keke:

Congrats on getting it up and running. :vik: If I were you I'd keep it a dedicated Neo cab. Then I'd keep that lo-res beauty of an Astro in TATE at all times for Jamma goodness, have one Blast 1p TATE for CaveBox360 ports, and the other Blast 2p12b hori for everything else. All bases covered. (But we both know you'll just have 4 vert cabs because you're a TATEfetishist.)

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Excellent stool coordination bro!! :buttrock:
14733433460_b2338793f6_c.jpg

Chempop

Anyone have a pic of what locks and tangs should look like. Mine had no functioning locks when I got it. I have sega locks temporarily installed which I had to add spacers for them to “work”. Much appreciated!

That cab brings back memories.

Do you know who crow bared open the front and back access doors :hammer:

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Anyone have a pic of what locks and tangs should look like. Mine had no functioning locks when I got it. I have sega locks temporarily installed which I had to add spacers for them to “work”. Much appreciated!

Do you know who crow bared open the front and back access doors :hammer:
That cab was damaged during transit and then handed to the guy you bought it from. I was basically a middle man 'cause I got it from Beags and he bought it from Matsu.

Chempop

Did either of you have it working? I think the main reason it wasn’t getting a picture was due to brightness and voltage was around 4.00 :scratch:

Also, this wierd goo around the anode probably didn’t help. Thankfully it cleaned off fine:
14725242139_03bc658476_z.jpg

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Did either of you have it working? I think the main reason it wasn’t getting a picture was due to brightness and voltage was around 4.00 :scratch:

Also, this wierd goo around the anode probably didn’t help. Thankfully it cleaned off fine:
14725242139_03bc658476_z.jpg

Looks like silicone paste. Some techs put a extremely LIGHT coating around it. I have never seen one with an entire tube of paste used like that.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

The cab was sold as a shell only. Stop trying to catch butterflies you anti-neo snob.

Chempop

Last question for you, my Liege.

Who is responsible for this abomination:

12910694594_fccd8a119b_z.jpg

Apparently that was someones genius way of fitting an atomiswave panel to this thing :eek:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Again and for the last time.

I'm going into all details.

Cab was purchased from Matsu by Beaglepuss as a complete original Super Neo 29 all working, the shell and monitor got crushed during transit. Then I got it from Beags when I helped him fix his Big Red, I took out the monitor, the chassi was broken in half and the monitor frame was bent completely. The shell was bent back into shape but only the metal part of it as the shroud was plastic and there wasn't much it could be done about it, the marquee was taken out as well as it was shattered. No electrical work whatsoever 'cause the cab never ran, neither Beags or myself ever had it running. Then it was sold to a member here, I think his name was kike or something like it. He wanted to fuck around with it and see if he could bring it up to working status, he only got the shell, no monitor, no chassi, no board. From there on I dunno what happened to it.

Here's the thing, you got a passed down damaged cab and this whole time you've been asking for stupid shit. I just want you to realize what you have on your hands and just deal with it, you got a shit cab, whatever happened to it, it's yours to deal with, you're not gonna embarrass me with dumb shit like this, everyone knows that my restoration work is top notch, you don't 'cause your new here, so fuck off, I'm not a hack, period.

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Chem's cab was originally a Tokyo Game Action hack job. I picked it up off a guy in RI I believe, and he purchased it from the original auction. The CP surround was mutilated by the original operator. I had nothing to do with the chew marks. They had American sticks installed and drilled through anything that might have been in the way. I sourced a new surround and CP a year or so after purchasing the cab, and that surround and CP appear on the cab currently. I tested out Krylon Fusion on the original surround, which would explain it's brighter appearance. I never used Fusion so the hacked surround made for a perfect test candidate.

The cab was purchased as a cheap project, and the monitor shit the bed shortly after arriving. I sold it to Nerdy Girl for super cheap and included any extras I had with it. That chewed surround was thrown in with the rest. Nerdy went on to sell the cab to Chem, and that's where the story ends.

That Matsu cab went to EG and then someone else. It showed up absolutely destroyed, and I sold it to EG for $50 as a thanks for helping me out with my Big Red.

I think that covers everything.

Chempop

Thanks for clearing that up.

Honest mistake by EG, I won’t take your insults personally since we both like cave games. :keke:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That Matsu cab went to EG and then someone else. It showed up absolutely destroyed, and I sold it to EG for $50 as a thanks for helping me out with my Big Red.

I think that covers everything.
That's the cab I thought Chempop was taking about 'cause Chempop PM'ed me about it asking me what kinda of wiring job I did to it.

Chempop said:
Hey man, I was diggin up some old info on this cab which you may remember from a while back. The cab now belongs to me and I am going to need to do some monitor work and possible rewiring. Looking up on old threads I noticed that you may have helped replace the chassis at one point? Also, it's my understanding that Super Neo 29 CANDY are wired for Jamma, but since the cab came with several multi-slot boards I thought I'd ask you you did any rewiring on that end (assuming you did work on this cab of course).

I appreciate an info man, thanks in advance.

~ Josh

I'm the god damn motherfucking man when it comes to anything arcade hardware related. He should off known from the start...yep!

Last edited:

Chempop

Yeah, I’m a very condescending man. Here is the original PM where I was in fact the first to mix up the two different super neo 29’s that beaglepuss sold:

Hey man, I was diggin up some old info on this cab which you may remember from a while back. The cab now belongs to me and I am going to need to do some monitor work and possible rewiring. Looking up on old threads I noticed that you may have helped replace the chassis at one point? Also, it's my understanding that Super Neo 29 CANDY are wired for Jamma, but since the cab came with several multi-slot boards I thought I'd ask you you did any rewiring on that end (assuming you did work on this cab of course).

I appreciate an info man, thanks in advance.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I’m a very condescending man. Here is the original PM where I was in fact the first to mix up the two different super neo 29’s that beaglepuss sold:

Yep, you're a neo-hater, condescending as fuck, but hey nobody is perfect.

Chempop

:lolz:

Hey I forgot to ask, do you know why the back access panel was COVERED IN MASKING TAPE?!?
This shit is a total pain in the ass to remove. I can only imagine it’s some kinda "pre-emptive retaliation" on your part :hammer:
Literally everything about this cab screams “I was abused by Electricgrave HEELPPP MEEE!!”

14786976227_c4a475689b_z.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
See what I mean?! This guy is a douchester...western douchester.

So are you still mixing up the 2 cabs? W-T-F-?-!

Goo-Gon?! What are you? A mom or something?!

Last edited:

Chempop

Loooong day of elbo grease finally paid off, even got most of the tobacco tar stains off the CP topper.

14787692380_23c72af976_z.jpg

14788279487_80c664a72c_z.jpg

I’m actually considering buying some MVS games for this thing, so don’t get your panties in a bunch just yet.

...done spamming this thread for a while.

Last edited: