Neo-Geo cutscenes up 4K

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Youtube Channel called Green Tea Gaming has a bunch of clips featuring AI upscaled cutscenes. Lots of Capcom, but a decent chunk of SNK games too.

Safe to say this is being done with recorded footage, but if there was a way to have this happen while playing the game in real-time, it would look absolutely stunning.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Interesting to look at, but something is lost when you smooth over something that was painstakingly done in pixel art. Reminds me of the smear filter that some repackaged modern re-release collections allow you to turn on.

NGLad

n00b
Interesting to look at, but something is lost when you smooth over something that was painstakingly done in pixel art. Reminds me of the smear filter that some repackaged modern re-release collections allow you to turn on.
Agreed. Without the pixels, it feels heartless.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It also creates shitloads of artifacts. I…hate this.

I’m pretty sure you can do nearly this at home. Just buy a Vizeo from Walmart and turn every feature on. You may as well make it 120fps at the same time for max gross out.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I mean ai upscaling just doesnt work on 2d assets. It just likes an old zsnes filtering option like super eagle 2xsai etc etc.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
It can be even worse, the extreme edge enhancement is drawing lines that aren’t even there in some cases.