Neo Geo Station coming to PSN and psp. Probably why they released the Neo pad for PS3

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
so far this list is just the same old shit. SamSho1 AoF Fatal Fury KOF 94 Metal Slug. Please some different neo games.

Bryant

n00b
so far this list is just the same old shit. SamSho1 AoF Fatal Fury KOF 94 Metal Slug. Please some different neo games.
Would it even be that difficult to put every single Neo-Geo game on one BD and charge $40-$50? I'd buy that in a second.

Technically, no.

Legally, probably.

Financially, yes.

It should also be noted that Monkeypaw Games recently released Galaxy Fight on PSN (as well as Money Puzzle/Idol Exchanger), which would probably make a 150-in-1 compilation that much more difficult (at least from a legal standpoint).

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Could they do a compilation of at least a bit more recent games with the IPs they own?

Even if they had the rights to every IP, they'd make more money selling the game individually or in small packages (and they'd do that via downloadable media). It's not so much their financial problem as much as it is the consumer's. ;)

Bryant

n00b
Even if they had the rights to every IP, they'd make more money selling the game individually or in small packages (and they'd do that via downloadable media). It's not so much their financial problem as much as it is the consumer's. ;)

I see what you're saying now! Yeah, I'd probably go the same route if I was SNKP. Out of the recent games like Sengoku 3, Metal Slug 3, Last Blade 2, Matrimelee, etc. which of those could they release on XBL or PSN (or maybe have released)?

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
It should also be noted that Monkeypaw Games recently released Galaxy Fight on PSN (as well as Money Puzzle/Idol Exchanger), which would probably make a 150-in-1 compilation that much more difficult (at least from a legal standpoint).

Getting the Money Exchanger for my wife as an xmas stocking stuffer. She loves the game, so it'll be nice having it on the PS3 for her. As for the collection, 8 bucks and I can play Samurai Spirits online is just awesome. I hope it plays well.

isamu

Crazed MVS Addict
8 bucks and I can play Samurai Spirits online is just awesome.

This is what had me excited too, until I came to the conclusion that it *APPEARS* quarter match lobbies and live spectating will be missing from these games. That deflated any excitement I had for Samurai Shodown online :( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Retro2DGamer

Crossed Swords Squire
Part of me wants to avoid these releases because of the selection of games, but part of me wants to buy it to help the chances of a sequel. But then if it sells like crap, will SNKP respond by coughing up better titles or by canning any sequel? Argh. :blow_top:

I'm quite looking forward to just being able to turn on and play, sadly my Neo stuff isn't always hooked up to the TV so I see this as a good way for a quick Neo fix. The bad thing, for me, is that I hate using the PS3 controller for fighting games and sadly that collection isn't good enough for me to shell out for a PS3 Neo Stick.... if more games are added then that might sway me though.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
not including quarter match lobbies/live spectating is a good thing because that ensures that SNKP is trying to keep ALL matches at their optimum connection levels.

People blame companies before they blame the fact that lobbies packed with more than 2 players can eat up connections and can increase chances of lag to happen.

You need more than better netcode to support lobbies and live spectating. That stuff even in existing online fighting games always contribute to LAG. That's why the people that really are serious about lag make 2 player rooms if they had the option, but the majority are not smart enough to improvise; resorting to rants instead.

Yes lobbies can be fun but would you choose that over superior connection with minimum to no lag during matches?

Also people shouldn't dismiss these great games, yes they are generations in the past, but they are still very playable and fun. And how often do you play KOF94 or Metal Slug online these days? They were incredible games for their time, and even now they will be great to play again, especially those of us that haven't played these classics for like a decade, and soon we'll be able to play them on PS3 and online. That is a great deal for just $10 and not having to worry about disks. Just launch and play!

Not that I'm expecting a long time community to happen, but being a KOF fan, I will buy and play KOF94, even if there's no one playing it online after the first week. Bring on KOF95, 96 and 97 too. I'll buy and play them all. To me these games never get old at all and they are more enjoyable than the newest ones which feel less and less like KOF.

If there is good screen settings, gameplay options and decent online quality, it'll be worth it! :D

Last edited:

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
I just hope all this leads to NGBC, KOF 2002 UM And SS ANTHOLOGY.

All online. :buttrock:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Just a few more days! I wonder how the new emulator they are running handles controller input response time and accuracy? You can have the best controller in the world but it doesn't mean much if the emulation doesn't adapt to your controller preference well enough. (just like the differences between the 2k2 and 2003 control feel on ps2.)

isamu

Crazed MVS Addict
keep us posted on the netcode please.

OK here are my impressions....

Well, I just played around 3 hours of SS1 with my bro who lives only about 5 miles away from me. I'm being nice when I say the netcode is fucking APPALLING!!!!! Seriously, the first few matches were pretty smooth, but for some reason the last hour or so we started having nasty pauses every minute or so, where we'd see some "accessing game" type message. Utterly fucking inexcusable and quite annoying.

The game itself is a perfect port thankfully. No differences between it and the real thing as far as I can tell, which is nice.

However, but why in the world can we NOT send and share our replays? That is retarded. Sharing replays should been allowed since that is one of the big features SNK was heavily touting before release.

Also, get this....I don't know if this was a bug or not, but on a couple occasions, my friend ran out of credits and COULDN'T ADD MORE! Tried pressing start, select, all other buttons, etc, no luck! I was the one hosting and I had to literally back out to the main menu and send him another invite. W........T.........F?????

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
OK here are my impressions....

Well, I just played around 3 hours of SS1 with my bro who lives only about 5 miles away from me. I'm being nice when I say the netcode is fucking APPALLING!!!!! Seriously, the first few matches were pretty smooth, but for some reason the last hour or so we started having nasty pauses every minute or so, where we'd see some "accessing game" type message. Utterly fucking inexcusable and quite annoying.

The game itself is a perfect port thankfully. No differences between it and the real thing as far as I can tell, which is nice.

However, but why in the world can we NOT send and share our replays? That is retarded. Sharing replays should been allowed since that is one of the big features SNK was heavily touting before release.

Also, get this....I don't know if this was a bug or not, but on a couple occasions, my friend ran out of credits and COULDN'T ADD MORE! Tried pressing start, select, all other buttons, etc, no luck! I was the one hosting and I had to literally back out to the main menu and send him another invite. W........T.........F?????

aww man that really disappointing, But I appreciate the comments.

please please snkbrezzasoftaruzeplaymoreneogeousa (or whatever its called) fix that shit up before you release fatal fury special....if they release fatal fury special...

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Hmm I didn't have "out of credits" problem when I was playing someone online. I kept challenging them again and again, and they kept challenging me. No disconnections, no lag.

KOF94 is arcade perfect and the most wonderful KOF experience I've had in years, and best times online ever as well, and that was just the first night! Of course depending how you search, you could have trouble finding people or running into people with low PING, but if people make an effort to:

1. meet more players online
2. add the ones with no match breaking lag sessions to the friends list,
3. create your own network of good connection players to play with through your PSN, and share their PSNs with each other to broaden their resources for a good connection online community as well.

If more people did this, they would spend more time playing with lag free or near perfect lag free matches, instead of ranting here and missing out on a really playable and great online experience! :D

There was this one player that lagged badly, but that's no surprise considering choosing Quick Match is asking for random and possibly unfavorable results. Manual searches or session creation with PING filter not set too low, leads to much better results.

This is the most impressive NeoGeo port ever! The instruction manual is great and shows two pieces of art I never seen before! Great display settings and wallpapers, including a NeoGeo console wallpaper!

I haven't tried the graphics filter but KOF94 still looks and plays great, the controls are very responsive, was even able to do those Kyokugen Haohshokoken super fireball thingies. :forw::hcf:

There is so much great things to list about it.

One of the main features I feel more fighting games should have like this, is
continuous arcade play. Unlike other games where you return to the lobby after every single match, KOF94 continues the arcade mode until the other player presses start to challenge the winner again! Far better and saves more time than a annoying lobby system where people have to wait until they ready up.

And yes the Region setting worked like I expected it. USA mode is censored, while Japan mode contains the blood and animations of the original. If you join a session online where the host set it to USA, it doesn't matter what region you set it to under Settings, Settings outside of Network mode affects Normal arcade mode for the most part. If you want Japan version, search using JPN instead of USA or ANY.

KOF94 is very playable online, and communities can happen, people just have to meet and add people to the list, and have them meet each other in the PSN text chat sessions, so they can test each others connections and broaden their KOF94 community resources online. KOF94 has good enough netcode, now it's up to the fans to make the most of it instead of expecting the netcode to do all the work for them.

Loading is fast, inviting and joining is easy and painless. Send messages, add good connection players, and form a network of people online and you will benefit from it too since you would have helped create an arcade scene online with good connections and more people to play with.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
What about Metal Slug?, did any one downloaded it yet? I want to know how's the netcode for that.

Last edited:

strider

duck duck goose
Sadly there is no netplay for Metal Slug. Only the fighting games feature it. I'm getting an interview soon for Retro Gamer, so it will be one of the first things I mention. It's not the end of the world, but it's a pity it hasn't been included.

Edit.
Alpha Mission II, Super Sidekicks, League Bowling and Baseball Stars Professional all have Network play, which makes the omission of Metal Slug even stranger...

Edit Again Metal Slug does have Network play. It's terribly laggy though :(

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Sadly there is no netplay for Metal Slug. Only the fighting games feature it. I'm getting an interview soon for Retro Gamer, so it will be one of the first things I mention. It's not the end of the world, but it's a pity it hasn't been included.

Edit.
Alpha Mission II, Super Sidekicks, League Bowling and Baseball Stars Professional all have Network play, which makes the omission of Metal Slug even stranger...

Edit Again Metal Slug does have Network play. It's terribly laggy though :(
Well that's bs wtf no network play for metal slug !? Is snkp that lazy they couldn't code it for that oh well sigh.... The rest have it so it's not a total loss to me,but still it would have been nice to have that online co-op for ms.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
I had matches with 5 more players using the search options for network mode on KOF94.
4 out of the 5 players had no lag during a dozen or so matches. I set the ping tolerance settings no less than the highest yellow bar (which I think is 3 levels below blue.)

The netcode is definitely much better than past NeoGeo games. It's very fun and playable online. Of course results may vary. Just don't choose quick match, that searches without ping filters.

strider

duck duck goose
I had matches with 5 more players using the search options for network mode on KOF94.
4 out of the 5 players had no lag during a dozen or so matches. I set the ping tolerance settings no less than the highest yellow bar (which I think is 3 levels below blue.)

The netcode is definitely much better than past NeoGeo games. It's very fun and playable online. Of course results may vary. Just don't choose quick match, that searches without ping filters.

Ah, I was using quick search. I'll try again tonight then.