New arcade in simi valley!

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Hey everybody. It's been awhile. I come bearing news about an arcade opening in simi valley that looks to be very promising. Those of you on the shmups forum have probably already seen the thread about it, but I didn't see one here yet, and they do have many of the good neo fighters setup... along with new fighters and a bunch of other stuff.

They should have the grand opening tuesday.

Here's the info:
Denjin Arcade
995 Los Angeles Ave
simi valley, ca

closes at 2am

here are some pics of what it looked like a month ago http://www.flickr.com/photos/48043484@N00/

There should be more dedicated machines now including ddr, drummania, and guitar freaks.

I'll be going tomorrow around midnight since I get off work at 11pm ~_~

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
yeah. i've heard about this. Looks to be super rad. Next time I'm down in Southern Cali I'll have to stop by and check it out. I have no clue how this is supposed to be a successful business model, so I want to check it out while its still around. Esp. 3rd strike in the Versus Cities omg. Please post your impressions when you get the chance stuffmonger.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
yeah. i've heard about this. Looks to be super rad. Next time I'm down in Southern Cali I'll have to stop by and check it out. I have no clue how this is supposed to be a successful business model, so I want to check it out while its still around. Esp. 3rd strike in the Versus Cities omg. Please post your impressions when you get the chance stuffmonger.

Will do.

I'll also have to suggest the IIDX to the owner. I've heard a few requests for it so far. Any mix in particular?

Greatkiller

B. Jenet's Firstmate
ehhhh. Im an old school cat lol I havent played the newest one cause AI is to far. But Im sure if they would get the newest one it would attract. My concern is the location though. The surrounding cities are really just neighborhoods and moorpark college. Is there really a good customer base? As far as I remember simi was for cops and old people to live at. They should take it slow.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
pretty hot shit, love those new vs. city cabs, nice

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wowza.

That's pretty intense. The condition is quite amazing too. Most of the candys here in Melb are pretty much damaged to all hell. Coke spilt on CP etc.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Now I really wish I lived in So Cal because I know my local [good] arcade will be closing soon.

JDIAMOND

n00b
Thanks for posting this stuffmonger! I am looking forward to checking out this new arcade, especially with the new KOF and SF4 around the corner! I'm down if anybody wants to meet up and have mini tourneys at this new spot. Happy days are here again!

kazuo

New Challenger
Isn't the owner (owners?) worried about people breaking into the coinboxes of those candy cabs?

The doors on them aren't exactly difficult to pry open, and there's a reason why the coin doors/boxes on woodies are locked down harder than a Panic Room...

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Most of the candys here in Melb are pretty much damaged to all hell. Coke spilt on CP etc.

I lost almost $40 worth like that before....:glee:

I'll be in LA at the end of the month so now I'll have to go...thx 4 that btw stuffmonger

Last edited:

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
No problem everybody. They didn't open up today as scheduled though. I say, if you're going to try to make it on opening day, try for friday or saturday. They are also getting street fighter 4, btw. If it's not there on the opening day, it should be there soon.

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Wow -

I am glad I live in SoCal - Thats about hour maby hour 1/2 away. Ill have to see what good bars are near by and make a day out of it.

And Street Fighter 4 - This arcade is going to be taking alot of my money

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Definitely going to go, is it 995 W Los Angeles Ave or 995 E Los Angeles Ave?

ironworker

n00b
If you are into pinball, the next time your in Las Vegas you have to stop in at the Pinball Hall of Fame. www.pinballmuseum.org/ There are about 300 games, look under Game List. You can play every game, old games cost 25 cents, and newer ones 50 cents, no cover charge. The owner has over 1000 games in total. He is looking for a bigger place so he can have more have them out for play. Most of the pinballs are the older ones, some new ones, and some one of a kind. So the next time you are in las vegas please stop by this very cool arcade. Also read the History, with out the owner Tim and the dream that he had to open and keep the arcade seen alive and not forgoten. Its a very cool place!

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
It's not open yet ~_~

Should be, but it's not. I'll post when it's actually open since the owner seems to be really bad about keeping to deadlines.

Also, east. There is no 995 west los angeles st in simi valley.

Last edited:
V

Vincenzo

It's officially open.
The hours are:

Sunday - Wednesday: 10am - Midnight
Thursday - Saturday: 10am - 1am

There is a fairly large crowd for the fighting games especially 3rd Strike. As for neo-geo type games, they have Samuria Spirits 2, Strikers 1945 plus, Metal Slug X, Puzzle Bobble 3, Magical Drop, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Garou Mark of the Wolves, Sengoku 3, KOF' 98 and XI. Check it ou!

JDIAMOND

n00b
We should organize monthly So Cal meet ups at this arcade

We should organize monthly So Cal meet ups at this arcade. The more business this place gets the longer it will stay open. Gaming at home is great, but nothing beats the feeling of kick ass arcade tournament.