NEW Astro City Club

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
beautiful lem, welcome to the club, and as custom dictates, I must pass this along to you as well:

go paint your speaker shroud.

lol

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
beautiful lem, welcome to the club, and as custom dictates, I must pass this along to you as well:

go paint your speaker shroud.

lol

Will do.

I do have a few questions.. I was looking at the wiring and found that this is wired up for a NON-jamma standard as well:

The yellow and white wires go to power, while the RGB wires go to a swapable connector on the monitor and the grey cables plug into the stereo amp:

any idea what they go to?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
The gray wires that goes to the sound in... it's for stereo sound. With the connector you have on it (4 pin AMP), you can use it on a Neo Geo motherboard that has it and get stereo sound. The rest I am not sure where they go.

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
The gray wires that goes to the sound in... it's for stereo sound. With the connector you have on it (4 pin AMP), you can use it on a Neo Geo motherboard that has it and get stereo sound. The rest I am not sure where they go.

My guess would be that they are some of the wiring for Model 2 hardware.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Nothing beats watching a beginner mumbling away while wailing on buttons and spazzing out playing a bullet hell game. It's like my version of a striptease :snack:

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Haha.. sorry for the blurryness btw, I´ll try and sort that out for next video ;)

(its sligtly less shite though if you press the youtube button on the bottom of the video, then fullscreen it and choose the 1080p quality option from the gear button. Still gets blurry though)

I will also post another Progear video in a couple of years when I have learned it a bit :D

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
My guess would be that they are some of the wiring for Model 2 hardware.

yeah, might be model 2... the yellow/white rows look like the control connectors for model 2, though I think they are usually in one 22 (or something) pin connector. I would think its model 2.

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
Picked up a new monitor. Anyone have a guide to switching out monitors? This stuff is extremely dangerous.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Picked up a new monitor. Anyone have a guide to switching out monitors? This stuff is extremely dangerous.

Depends on what kind of monitor you got. Is it the same as the original tube? Or did you go with a flat CRT? More details would help.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Same as original. Hitachi

Well, I have never seen an original NAC with a Hitachi tube. Every single one I have seen has a Toshiba tube with the model be A68KJU96X. Pictures of your new tube might also help. If you just want to put your old chassis in your new tube and think it will work... well... you can try... :smirk:

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
Mine is a68ajb82x. Looks identical. Anyways is there a guide to switching out monitors?

hi was just wondering if there was a club on here for the original astro city and would i have to post my cab in there . or is it ok to post in this one ?

cheers. yeah over here in NZ i have found the astro city to be less common then the new astro which is also kinda the reason i picked it up. well and the not having to worry about speaker shroud going yellow haha. il upload it over there mate