NEW Astro City Club

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
working on a different button color scheme... this is not yet final.
dsr6.jpg

Oh and also playing Sturmwind :)

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
If I want to swap my seimitsu sticks w/ sanwa's, do I need a different control panel?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I dont think so. The sanwa sticks ship with a metal plate that allows for attaching on different kind of control panel. Remove the plate and it works with standard new astro city panel.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Okay so now I have clear rims for all the buttons

a4ne.jpg

I thought the blue start buttons would complement the sega logo.

dsrp.jpg

But I still ordered few optional start buttons with different colors... just in case :)

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
And here´s another attempt, all white this time :)

iv3n.jpg

I think I´ll keep this for a week before bothering to change buttons again.
Some people change shoes, I like to change buttons. Go figure.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I like the all-white better - I maybe would have kept the blue start buttons though. Lookin' good!

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Yeah, I thought I´d try that. Put the blue start buttons back.

There´s a new Taito ashtray.

New marquee holder also for minis.

wzc7.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Where did you get the ash tray mendel?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fell out of the clear blue sky. Wonderful things you sometimes find ;)

Attempting to take better pics:

uwpx.jpg

98sd.jpg

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
If any more "fall from the clear blue sky" let me know. :D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Awesome cab mendel. Im loving the Neo marquee ! :O

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
And here I thought I was the only one playing ye olde game of nac dress up :D

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Congrats Don on breaking your candy-cab virginity!!!

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Congrats Don on breaking your candy-cab virginity!!!

Congratulations. Welcome to the world of Candy Cab Ownership. Hopefully that doesn't also mean welcome to the world of "your stuff is out on the porch, have fun finding a new place to live". :) Forgot to tell you yesterday, Protip: order something for the wife/girlfriend through the mail every once in a while. She'll feel like a dick when she chews you out and then you open the package in front of her and say "Here honey, I got this for you."

Chase023

n00b
Hello,
Just picked up a NAC from an arcade that was selling it's games. (Basically a noob)

Where can I pick up a Chrome coin Slot and the silver metal ends for the glass that holds the instructions?
Also anyone have any recommendations on how or where I can pick up the side artwork (accurate repro or orginals)for it?
I decided to take it all apart, repaint and restore my NAC, so I guess it will be a while till I get it up and running.

Anyone ever order the Astro Panel OOM-8-6AR-H from VideoGamesNewYork?? I am thinking about ordering one from Akihabara but thought would be easier just getting it from New York seeing that they already have it I think..

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Also anyone have any recommendations on how or where I can pick up the side artwork (accurate repro or orginals)for it?

A member here has these listed on eBay. I get a sense that he is taking some time away from the site, so you may want to contact him through eBay first.
Also, the color isn't not a perfect match imho.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Astro-City-Side-Art-/110971365659?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d668a91b

Where can I pick up a Chrome coin Slot and the silver metal ends for the glass that holds the instructions?

Awesome seller right here! http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?245161-FS-PCBs-updated-8-16

Anyone ever order the Astro Panel OOM-8-6AR-H from VideoGamesNewYork?? I am thinking about ordering one from Akihabara but thought would be easier just getting it from New York seeing that they already have it I think..

Once you are allowed in the market place you might want to make a WTB thread first, unless you have your heart set on having a brand new one. You can probably get one in acceptable condition for a lot less.

Congrats on the cab.

Chase023

n00b
Yeah I saw the side artwork on ebay, but am still hesitant due to the color. I would like an exact replica, color/etc (too picky for my own good sometimes).
I have my stickers taken off but it's ripped here and there with some tears and small missing areas. I am wondering if I should bother taking it to a graphics place and seeing if they can reprint these with touch ups and etc?

Thanks for the reply, I am hoping getting my post counts up so maybe that will unlock my PM previliges to contact the other member for some parts...

Chase023

n00b
If you guys were going to repaint the cab, what types of paint would you use??

I am thinking abou using Appliance paint for the cab (fiberglass) and maybe for the monitor bezel take it to an auto shop and get it painted brilliant black to get that sparkle like the original seems to have.
Do I need to use different paint for the speaker shroud and CP surround (plastic parts)?

Any advice?

Let me know