NEW Astro City Club

defor

Geese's Thug
yay! finally a club I can be part of.. Photos hopefully this weekend... :multi_co:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Thx to you both. UN Squad was my favorite @ the pizza joint back in High School. I remember the 1st time I walked past it...I was like, "oh SHIT! that is SHIN!"

How would y'all rate CAirWing? Still good, even sans Area 88 gimmick?

Carrier Air Wing is great if you liked U.N. Squadron, which I also have.

So it was a no brainer to pick up.

It's definitely more difficult than U.N. Squadron.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Painted the speaker bit. Went to paint the doors but had the wrong paint on hand. :(

P1030023.jpg

Great looking paint job, Sammy.

Dammit, seeing that Rose figure as well as Ibara on Mike's cab is really making me wish I never parted with my board.

God.Fucking.Dammit.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Great looking paint job, Sammy.

Dammit, seeing that Rose figure as well as Ibara on Mike's cab is really making me wish I never parted with my board.

God.Fucking.Dammit.

Ibara = love. I have one other figure too, think it's in the first pic. Can't seem to find the other 4 loose :/.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Ibara = love. I have one other figure too, think it's in the first pic. Can't seem to find the other 4 loose :/.

Just keep rubbing salt in the wound, why don't you? ;)

Awesome collection though, I'm very impressed.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think the most redeming point of this whole thread is the MVU4 CP, it keeps gleaming with beauty and yet no one even notice how mint and brand new it looks, no one! As if they've ever seen a better looking CP on any other MVU4...the nerve!

Glad to see you went with the Black Label speaker shroud, only the twin sister cabs deserve such stigma. The two nasties cabs out of the Kingsley fiasco are now the nicest damn NACs around town, hurray for us!

I'd post pics of mine but I don't have the means right now, maybe later along with more Ibara love to put the droolers on a foaming stroke of madness! NACs 4 life!!!

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I think the most redeming point of this whole thread is the MVU4 CP, it keeps gleaming with beauty and yet no one even notice how mint and brand new it looks, no one! As if they've ever seen a better looking CP on any other MVU4...the nerve!

Glad to see you went with the Black Label speaker shroud, only the twin sister cabs deserve such stigma. The two nasties cabs out of the Kingsley fiasco are now the nicest damn NACs around town, hurray for us!

I'd post pics of mine but I don't have the means right now, maybe later along with more Ibara love to put the droolers on a foaming stroke of madness! NACs 4 life!!!

Believe me, *I* notice the mintiness :).

And we're just bad-ass like that, Chris :D.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Pfsst! Might as well have concave buttons! Please tell me there arent bats on your Blast. I'd hate to see you get booted.

@Sammy, those stools like awesome by the way!

Sure, but you got bat tops, so, you know...

:lolz:

Yeah, I almost said Happs, but then thought better of it.

Dont hate on bat tops or happ they are both legit. What I cant understand is how sanwa fanboys play fighters with square restrictors and still swear by them. It must be like being able to beat Daigo with Dan Habiki because those restrictors are an obvious handicap. For Christ sake the move stickers have quarter and half circles on them.
3smove.jpg

I will say sanwas are pretty good with round restrictors and stiffer springs and seimitsus are good out of the box but they still have that square clunky feel to them. In all honesty I can see why some people like the JP sticks better because they are different like the candies but in all honesty i think they are highly over rated and I know a lot of people agree with me.

Last edited:

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
You got your cab from Kingsly huh? The stainless control pannel with the all black sanwa hardware and yellow start buttons was a dead give away
Yup, it's a Kingsley cab.

As for the square gate debate... square all the way. I like physical feedback of knowing I'm blocking low!

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
@ BIGTIME -> relax, i was joking :-J

Sorry didn't mean to offend you I was just tryin to defend 300 because he has a legit point plus he's a good buddy of mine. Anyway I meant no ill will because I think both sticks are better in some ways than the other but it really pisses me off when people bash on American sticks. Oh and by the way I love that carnevil man. I'm legitimately a lil jealous:buttrock:

And kaph the micros were bad in the stick your referring to I they were the originals. I changed them and it works great but I respect your opinion

Last edited:

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Dont hate on bat tops or happ they are both legit. What I cant understand is how sanwa fanboys play fighters with square restrictors and still swear by them. It must be like being able to beat Daigo with Dan Habiki because those restrictors are an obvious handicap. For Christ sake the move stickers have quarter and half circles on them. I will say sanwas are pretty good with round restrictors and stiffer springs and seimitsus are good out of the box but they still have that square clunky feel to them. In all honesty I can see why some people like the JP sticks better because they are different like the candies but in all honesty i think they are highly over rated and I know a lot of people agree with me.

Round restrictors feel very awkward to me. It doesn't feel like I'm actually hitting a diagonal that way. It's really annoying.

As for the square gate debate... square all the way. I like physical feedback of knowing I'm blocking low!

For real.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Round restrictors feel very awkward to me. It doesn't feel like I'm actually hitting a diagonal that way. It's really annoying.

I don't play fighters really, does it make a difference? I've always used octagonal restrictors.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I don't play fighters really, does it make a difference? I've always used octagonal restrictors.

When I first started playing I learned on Happ Competition. Bat top with circular restrictor. I played everything... dp, charge, and grappler characters. I had no problems playing with it whatsoever.

Then I got my TE stick, which has sanwa parts... the stick is a JLF w/ square restrictor. At first I was like wtf is this thing... but I was intrigued by it. I could tell immediately that the hardware was manufactured MUCH better. Mostly metal pieces and tight action. After playing on it for a few weeks and getting used to it I fell in love. It's like the difference in using an old ball mouse and a laser gaming mouse. If you've only ever used a ball mouse for 20 years and now someone gives you a 4000dpi laser mouse the thing is going to be way to sensitive for your experience. Until you adapt. Then you're triple killing noobs in one flick of the wrist.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
When I first started playing I learned on Happ Competition. Bat top with circular restrictor. I played everything... dp, charge, and grappler characters. I had no problems playing with it whatsoever.

I could tell immediately that the hardware was manufactured MUCH better. Mostly metal pieces and tight action.
Actually thats exactly the problem with it there is nothing tight about it. The response is a tad shorter and the loosness makes the stick slightly quicker but it is loose and sloppy. That was the problem with comp happs as well they were loose and sloppy. Happ only makes 2 good joysticks the super and the perfect 360 the rest is crap. It really boils down to weather you like the tightness or qiuckness. And as far as the manufacturing goes I havent really take either stick down to bare bones but I do know in Japan that a jfl 8 goes for around $10 wich is roughly the same price as a happ here.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Actually thats exactly the problem with it there is nothing tight about it. The response is a tad shorter and the loosness makes the stick slightly quicker but it is loose and sloppy. That was the problem with comp happs as well they were loose and sloppy. Happ only makes 2 good joysticks the super and the perfect 360 the rest is crap. It really boils down to weather you like the tightness or qiuckness. And as far as the manufacturing goes I havent really take either stick down to bare bones but I do know in Japan that a jfl 8 goes for around $10 wich is roughly the same price as a happ here.

By tighter action I meant that it felt more solid when using it. Like the difference between using name brand tools and cheap ones.

One other note on the different restrictors... Images borrowed from slagcoin

circle_gate.png

octagon_gate.png

square_gate2.png

Square gate gives you the most physical area for each input to register.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
By tighter action I meant that it felt more solid when using it. Like the difference between using name brand tools and cheap ones.

One other note on the different restrictors... Images borrowed from slagcoin

circle_gate.png

octagon_gate.png

square_gate2.png

Square gate gives you the most physical area for each input to register.

Obviously we are both beating a dead horse and it all comes down to personal prefrence but the last thing I will say is that of course you have a better chance of hitting the diaginals with a square stick because it has a restrictor that locks the stick in. the trade off is less fluent and slightly slower half circles. As far as the sanwa being more solid I'm either not understanding your definition or you have never played on a super happ because the happ has much more rugged construction with a fully boxed bottom end and stiffer spring wich give it a much more hardy feel. When I play wit the JFL it feels flimsy like I would brake it if I slapped it around like a happ. Now can we just please agree to dissagree and be friends again:lol:

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have to agree with BIGTIME, supers all the way! I also play with all sorts of hardware and I have to say I like supers for everything, fighting and shooting, it's the quick spring to center and tight quick activation that makes me prefer the super over anything else. All other sticks have a dead zone, the super has none.

Diagonal markers and square gates feel like training wheels for me, I can find my way around a cornerless stick no problem. I use JLW with oval gates for this very reason, very close concept design to the supers. I had to change my cabs to JLF 'cause my friends started complaining. Supers require finessed and strength all at once, it't like training with weights.

Dashing is also much more fluid on supers, it just is. I love all the sticks and brands and it's kinda like instruments you know, after a while you start liking different assets for different reasons. As always it all comes down to preference. I feel however that Happ bashing is usually for the most part ignorant. It's good stuff, it's designed differently and that's just it. There's nothing superior about one stick against another sans the little quick harness instead of having to wire microswitches. That's about the only advantage I see, the rest is just a different feel.

I have yet to try the circular gate on the JLF, I have square and octagonals but I really wanna get a hold of some circular gates and see what's up! What's your take on those BIGTIME?

Last edited:

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Dashing is also much more fluid on supers, it just is. I love all the sticks and brands and it's kinda like instruments you know, after a while you start liking different assets for different reasons. As always it all comes down to preference. I feel however that Happ bashing is usually for the most part ignorant. It's good stuff, it's designed differently and that's just it. There's nothing superior about one stick against another sans the little quick harness instead of having to wire microswitches. That's about the only advantage I see, the rest is just a different feel.

I have yet to try the circular gate on the JLF, I have square and octagonals but I really wanna get a hold of some circular gates and see what's up! What's your take on those BIGTIME?

Amen brother!!!! As far as the JLF with round restrictors it is a vast improvement if you like the supers. The big problem is it still feels flimsy without heavy spring modding and even then it is not quite as good (but you can get real close). In all honesty if you don't want to sit and test springs for a day the seimitsu ls32 is the way to go out of the box. It is stiffer and the square restrictor has rounded edges that make the stick feel much more fluent. Also it feels like the throw is slightly shorter on the ls32. Anyway since you are already vested in the jlf's the restrictors can be bough for like $4 from lizardlick and the springs can be had at any hardware store. Home depot sells a bag of little springs for like 3 bucks and you can then adjust the stiffness to your liking by adding multiple springs. (I believe I had 3 on my last jlf's). Ultimately I would highly recommend the round restrictors to anyone who doesn't like the sanwa feel but in order to get a really good feel out of them the springs must be stiffened as well.