New Masterpiece Transformers announced: Sideswipe, Red Alert and Soundwave

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Highly doubtful, but did you talk to whoever you bought it from?

They had no replacements left and I couldn't return it because I had already opened it (thinking with my tired brain that maybe the matrix was already inside the figure...) The package itself was new and sealed, guess someone didn't pay attention at the chinese sweatshop.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Man I wish these were available to purchase, they are the most awsome custom paints I've ever seen as far as TF goes. Kinda surprised Takara hasn't made something like this, they'd sell a shit ton.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/frogdna/sets/72157626287867800/
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/frogdna/sets/72157626161774653/
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/frogdna/sets/72157624971941891/
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/frogdna/sets/72157624151350938/

Good thing to bring up. Hasbro seems to "cheap out" when it comes to paint applications. You can see thing going back years in the other (non-MP lines) to compare with their Japanese counterparts. I guess MP Lambor has some paint issues, but typically Takara(Tomy) paint apps are always better. Kinda makes ya sick when Hasbro brags about how much money they make on the TF franchise.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
bigbadtoystore just opened up pre-orders for:
MP-20 Wheeljack
MP-21 Bumblebee
MP-12G Sideswipe G2 deco

Link

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
bigbadtoystore just opened up pre-orders for:
MP-20 Wheeljack
MP-21 Bumblebee
MP-12G Sideswipe G2 deco

Link

thanks for the heads up i have not been paying attention. man i really want a wheeljack or two. to bad im tapped out made doubly bad since botcon is in town next week.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
went to botcon and took a bad pic of mp acid storm.

in none mp news:
The new metroplex is huge and pretty good looking bbts had them early for $150 still thinking about picking one up...
There is apparently yet another predaking re-release coming in a couple of months. as well as a pretty sweet fall of cybertron grimlock vs bruticus set coming in august as well.

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

They're milking that Seeker mold for all it's worth.

$5 says they retool the seeker mold soon so they can start cranking out cone-head mp's.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Shit's weak, fuck Takara and Hasbro. Haven't bought a TF since MP Convoy 01, cheap ass motherfuckers. Repaints out the ass, so much for the so called Masterpiece line.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
They're milking that Seeker mold for all it's worth.

$5 says they retool the seeker mold soon so they can start cranking out cone-head mp's.

I dont even know who acid storm is. anyway this is the second mold i believe. The original mold had different stabilizers.
The cone heads would require a different mold as well as the were delta winged.

Shit's weak, fuck Takara and Hasbro. Haven't bought a TF since MP Convoy 01, cheap ass motherfuckers. Repaints out the ass, so much for the so called Masterpiece line.

mp10 = much nicer the 1 . also mp grimlock -soundwave?

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
He looks beautiful and I like it that he comes with all of the tapes but I can't do the price right now. I lucked out when I got the US version of Starscream and I'd love to have them both side by side but its just too rich for my blood right now. Plus, I really wanna take it out of the package and have him displayed with Rumble and Frenzy out, but I wouldn't be able to buy two of them.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'd imagine that for some people, it would be the first time that they lay their hands on a cassette tape.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
i prefer the takara's red eyes but it does not matter i have a feeling these will go the way of mp-10 or even worse mp grimlock , they'll double in price in no time. id bet they would be hard enough to find in a actual store, at least in the past the seekers were the only things found at my local stores. Luckily or unluckily they will be selling them at comic-con hopefully ill be able to get one there. if it was not for sdcc i would pick up a couple myself. I know its not a masterpiece but the sdcc metroplex is pretty sweet. Bigger then fort max to boot.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member

Where you been living for the past 29 years, in a cave?

Redecos aren't nothing new.

Personally, I've always loved the Seekers; but to each his own. Haters gonna hate.

I dont even know who acid storm is.

This should clear things up.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Acid_Storm_(G1)

Long story short, Acid Storm's another nameless cartoon character that got a toy later on. Same thing happened with Sunstorm and Hauler.

mp10 = much nicer the 1 . also mp grimlock -soundwave?

Mark my words, there will be a MP of Soundblaster sooner or later.

And if the release of said MP were to coincide with MPs for Ratbat, Overkill, Slugfest, Squawktalk and Beastbox; you won't hear me complaining. :drool:

Michael Yagami

I dont even know who acid storm is. anyway this is the second mold i believe. The original mold had different stabilizers.
The cone heads would require a different mold as well as the were delta winged.

Nah. All Takara would have to do is create a new wing mold and tweak the head. Bada-bing: new cone head MPs flooding a collector's market near you.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
The repaints are a bit much, but I do love the seekermold... I have like 5 of them (1 SS, 2 TC, 2 SW). Is acid Storm going to be available in TRU? I might get one. I am definitely getting a Soundwave. I missed the most recent MP OP, I wish I had known.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Nah. All Takara would have to do is create a new wing mold and tweak the head. Bada-bing: new cone head MPs flooding a collector's market near you.

If their going for original toy accuracy, Ramjet and Dirge had different arm cannons/null rays from the other 4.

G1Ramjet_toy.jpg

G1Dirge_toy.jpg

And if Takara doesn't do it, you know Hasbro sure as hell will.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I like that soundwave with ravage, i may break down on that one.
i got lucky at san diego comic con and picked up a hasbro soundwave $120 with all cassettes a unbeatable deal imo. They were suppose to be showing up in stores but i think they must of shipped there allotment to sdcc since nowhere i called had them is stock. Also picked up the Sdcc FOC metroplex dont know if i should display it somewhere or hide him in great shame. tallest TF ever is pretty sweet always wanted a fort max and was thinking about getting the re-release but for half the price metroplex was a steal.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Just out of interest whats the difcerence between the takara masterpiece soundwave and the sdcc masterpiece soundwave

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Just out of interest whats the difcerence between the takara masterpiece soundwave and the sdcc masterpiece soundwave

Well there is no such thing as sdcc sound wave. It was just sold there first. If your luck y find them at your local toys r us.
And the difference is the takara sound wave has red eyes and the Hasbro has yellow eyes. The Hasbro version also come with all the cassettes. Takara does not.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Those "MP" line transformers are beginning to look rather cheap. Wheeljack is neat and all...but outside of the the cost, not much about it screams "masterpiece"...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Those "MP" line transformers are beginning to look rather cheap. Wheeljack is neat and all...but outside of the the cost, not much about it screams "masterpiece"...
If you pull out your original G1 toy and compare, you might change your mind.

But I think the main thing that may hurt the newer MPs from looking better than they do is their smaller size.

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,

I agree in some ways. the binaltech series they released years ago cost about the same but was a much larger toy with more diecast (almost 3 times the weight) of all these newer Masterpiece characters (the sideswipe, prowl molds etc...don't have any of the previous ones before that). I remember managing to snag a Takara MP-01 for about 95 bucks when it first came out (i think that included shipping) and it felt like a $100 toy, these new ones will cost you close to that amount and they're only about 1/4 of the size/weight.

edit: i say all that but i have Bee and WheelJack on preorder lol

Last edited: