New Masterpiece Transformers announced: Sideswipe, Red Alert and Soundwave

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Yes, Thundercracker should be available at your TRU

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
I picked up the TRU exclusive Masterpiece Thundercracker today. I didn't realize that Hasbro/Takara changed the Seeker mold since MP Skywarp came out.

The real sad part is Hasbro didn't even bother to use the proper instruction booklet for MP Thundercracker. :oh_no:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Thundercracker is definitely more poseable than Starscream or Skywarp, especially around the waist/hip joint area.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
just a heads up Toysrus.com has optimus mp-10 back in stock. I only mention it because i was on the lookout for a bit since i did want to get e-shanked. $120 for it.

Last edited:

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
just a heads up Toysrus.com has optimus mp-10 back in stock. I only mention it because i was on the lookout for a bit since i did want to get e-shanked. $120 for it.

woohoo! thanks for the heads up was looking for one too! still waiting to receive the masterpiece sideswipe i ordered

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Looks like both soundwave and fort max got delayed. thats good news for me as i cant decide if i want them or which one how will i afford it.... its just confusing.

Mp10 did come in and liking it a bit more the Mp01 (hasbro versions). Also put the repro labeled and rage kitted tfc hercules together.
mp_prime3-1.jpg

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
BUMP:
New MP TF's recently announced:
MP 12-T Tigertracks (MP Sideswipe repaint)
MP 17 Prowl
MP 18 Smokescreen

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't considering popping for Prowl, Smokescreen and the inevitable Bluestreak repaint.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
looks like $80 for mp17/18 not bad.though i really want them to do Wheeljack or at least hope a 3rd party does at lest a MP sized wheeljack.
Also review/preview video for mp soundwave is out. i like him, maybe a bit small and he is a bit pricey so did not pre-order. hope hasbro picks it up.

out of curiosity does anyone have mp-08x grimlock? been thinking of picking up a loose one bit pricey.

Last edited:

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
TFwiki has some info on MP Soundwave finally.

Masterpiece Soundwave was released on January 2013. He transforms into his G1 tape deck alt-mode and comes with Cassetticon Condor/Laserbeak. A more intricately engineered version of his G1 counterpart, Soundwave in cassette recorder mode is roughly the same size but is twice as thick. Unlike the previous release, he does not come with pseudo "batteries". Instead, one of the batteries has been incorporated into his shoulder mounted concussion blaster while the other is mounted on his left back panel. The "cassette recorder" mode can hold up to three of his cassetticon cadre at once with a mechanism that allows them to "eject" from his chest cavity one after the other. Both the original G1 cassettes and the Masterpieces releases are compatible for storing in his chest compartment. In robot mode, he stands roughly the same height as G1 Blaster/Broadcast, with multiple points of articulation, die-cast foot module and joints and a selection of accessories seen in the G1 show.Megatron's Walther P-38 mode can easily be handled by him, while the energon cube adapter /grid display panel can be connected to his chest to simulate his readouts of the Victory's blue prints and intel reports written in Cybertronian characters(which can be clipped off his instruction manual and fitted in between). A hand mounted sensor probe is also included which was used in searching for a potent power source. Condor/Laserbeak also has been engineered to transform as close to his animation version to the extent that he no longer has his chromed thruster blaster add-ons as a separate kibble. On his forehead, a camera module can be extended to simulate his espionage monitoring activities. Two versions of him were released, the Amazon Japan exclusive that came with two additional energon cubes and an Asian version that came with a commemorative coin contained in a die cut card designed as Soundwaves' cassette mode facsimile.

Last edited:

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Guess I got the asian version then.

Do you have sideswipe too? Im wondering how soundwave compares to it in as far as quality. I really like mp grimlock and mp10 optimus but sideswipe felt cheap. (not sure how to define cheap either besides being small the robot mode was feeling wierd). If soundwave is more like mp8/10 i think ill pick it up. I was hoping for a hasbro release but not sure itll happen.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Only got Soundwave so far. I think the overall quality is pretty good, there's a picture of mine in the toy collecting thread.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fwiw Hasbro will releasing masterpiece soundwaveso that should be cheaper now, though they may be tough to find. They have announced some other cool stuff . Besides fortress maximus looks like there will be a even taller not . A fall of cybertron metroplex.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I unboxed my Masterpiece Black Convoy yesterday and guess what: the "Dead Matrix" bit was missing. :oh_no:
Also this one isn't quite as nice as Soundwave, feels a bit cheaper but is a bit taller at least.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yeah I'm gonna double post, what are you going to do about it? HUH?

Anyway
vN0RQxh.jpg

As I said in my previous post: my Dead Matrix is missing and Takara doesn't offer international support so my question is:
If there's a US release of Black Convoy, would it be possible to convince Hasbro to send me a replacement? Because this missing piece is kinda bugging me.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
that black convoy looks better then the takaras red. I dont think hasbro announced anything on black convoy.

Doc Shroom that a MP soundwave?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
As I said in my previous post: my Dead Matrix is missing and Takara doesn't offer international support so my question is:
If there's a US release of Black Convoy, would it be possible to convince Hasbro to send me a replacement? Because this missing piece is kinda bugging me.

Highly doubtful, but did you talk to whoever you bought it from?