New TMNT Arcade Only Beat Em Up

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Stumbled across this on youtube. I really hope to play this one day.

Honestly...that looks really lackluster to me. There's really nothing that stands out as something I'd want to pay per game to play.

I've been playing the two old Arcade titles and for their time, there was zip at home that could touch what those two games offered. Now? What's in that video looks like an iOS title, just in a huge, obnoxiously made cabinet.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
anyone who thinks, in 2017, anything can equal TMNT in arcades in 2017 probably wears a Pikachu hat.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Raw Thrills games are usually boring and repetitive.
They are loud and flashy, but just not fun.

Most likely this will be up at Chuck E Cheese.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
kind of reminds me of that 3d remake of turtles in time which was shit and disliked by every one. plus i'm not a big fan of the nickelodeon tmnt series.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Honestly...that looks really lackluster to me. There's really nothing that stands out as something I'd want to pay per game to play.

I've been playing the two old Arcade titles and for their time, there was zip at home that could touch what those two games offered. Now? What's in that video looks like an iOS title, just in a huge, obnoxiously made cabinet.

I agree, looks like it has alot of flash but no substance.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
doesnt look any better than the original. Rather play Turtles in Time.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

Yeah smoke has hit the nail on the head, especially the part about the cabinet. It’s difficult to capture the magic of the old arcade games, but that looks like a shitty Craigslist “xxxx in 1 cabinet LCD !” abomination.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I'd like to try this, but prepared to be disappointed. Cool that it's four players at least.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
There's no way to recreate the experience of playing the classic Konami games in the 90s, not to mention the layers of nostalgia added by the years. However I think it's cool that people put the effort into making this.

I'd happily drop a quarter or two if I saw this in the wild. Would I drop $600 for an airframe mobo and another $300 for the rom on a dongle? Hell nah.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I've already told my local operator about it a couple months ago. We'll see if he gets one or not or if another shows up locally.

fake

15 Year Member
Yeah smoke has hit the nail on the head, especially the part about the cabinet. It’s dofficult to capture the magic of the old arcade games, but that looks like a shitty Craigslist “xxxx in 1 cabinet LCD !” abomination.

One of my favorite things about both Konami arcade cabinets was the turtles in suits on the cab artwork. So cool.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
I watched this a few weeks ago. I mean its cool these guys try to keep arcade gaming in America alive and all but Turtles looked kinda bland. John seemed to have just been either excited its even a thing or kissing a but a bit. Or he genuinely liked it. X games one looked WAY more fun.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I watched this a few weeks ago. I mean its cool these guys try to keep arcade gaming in America alive and all but Turtles looked kinda bland. John seemed to have just been either excited its even a thing or kissing a but a bit. Or he genuinely liked it. X games one looked WAY more fun.

John is always excited, he almost knocks stuff over in his videos. Dude needs an inside voice. Bonus points for him spitting in his car at the start of the video.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Agree with the bland screen and stuff. However Raw Thrills aren't dummies...they know there are places that will drop several thousands of $$$ for the flashing lights, big screen and name recognition. It's a shame you can spend a fraction of the cost and get a Konami TMNT/Turtles in Time and watch it make as much money if not more than the new one.

My game room has a few of the lovely Raw Thrills games (insert some sarcasm!) like Terminator, H2Overdrive and Star Wars BattlePods (all garbage) but I'll give an exception to their version of Jurassic Park...not the greatest game around but it does have big earning power in my store.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I think it looks pretty good.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
John is always excited, he almost knocks stuff over in his videos. Dude needs an inside voice. Bonus points for him spitting in his car at the start of the video.

LOL but thats what makes John "John" hes just a typical guy with a passion for arcades, fumbling his way through excitedly. But yeah I love his videos from time to time. Have you see his mortal kombat restore vids?

Also im not saying Raw Thrills is bad but im not saying everything they make is gold either. ;P

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Agree with the bland screen and stuff. However Raw Thrills aren't dummies...they know there are places that will drop several thousands of $$$ for the flashing lights, big screen and name recognition.
That's what first occurred to me - Raw Thrills is the lone survivor in our arcade industry, so they obviously know what they're doing.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
That's what first occurred to me - Raw Thrills is the lone survivor in our arcade industry, so they obviously know what they're doing.
Bandai-Namco is still a big arcade player banking on their Pac-Man and Galaga empire. We did get a Galaga Assault in our store with its flashing lights and overblown cabinet design but as a redemption game that's only one wave long and a mothership that can be destroyed in your sleep, its earning potentials aren't great.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I wouldn't have guessed this is a Raw Thrills game from just a video of the gameplay. Most of their games turn me off instantly but I'd at least try this one. The bosses at least show a bit of potential; the player who knew what he was doing made some attempts to avoid attacks, jump over shockwaves, etc, so it might be a reasonably fair game.

Check out that Injustice arcade game later in the video. Holy crap now that looks amazingly terrible.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
It's a shame you can spend a fraction of the cost and get a Konami TMNT/Turtles in Time and watch it make as much money if not more than the new one..

Is that truly the case? I think if you look at this as a xbla/psn/steam title you may be right, but throw this at a Dave and Busters I think the kids would relate more to this then the 80's version. Call me uninformed, but what is the average age for people playing in today's arcades?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Is that truly the case? I think if you look at this as a xbla/psn/steam title you may be right, but throw this at a Dave and Busters I think the kids would relate more to this then the 80's version. Call me uninformed, but what is the average age for people playing in today's arcades?

There are arcades today? All I see are barcades full of middle aged white men.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Here and there. We have one at the local mall, another at a bowling alley, a third that is pay one price for all you can play, and a Dave and Busters, and two barcades.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
A bump of this old topic as my location just got the Raw Thrills TMNT this past Friday. Nice flashy cabinet, 4 player co-op and the graphics are pretty good. Tested it briefly and found it, quite honestly nothing earth-shattering or out of the ordinary. Plays like a Final Fight type game as you can pick up objects, grab enemies and fling them around and toss them into others and some decent power-ups. You can dash across the screen but the game takes little to no skill to play. You're guaranteed 2 minutes of play time, no matter how many or few hits you take but prepare to feed the coin box to finish the game as the enemies really have mastered extremely cheap shot moves.

Personally, I'd play an old Konami TMNT or Turtles in Time ;)