Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I picked mine up today. Works great. Mine came with every Nes and Famicom game ever made, even full size controllers. Hooks up to a CRT and my HDTV. I think I may have gotten a super rare one.

d0b188898394eeea58783cce59e0f567.jpg

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
oh man looks like those Advantage joysticks also work with Wii U? That's pretty cool!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The controllers are the same size as the originals, or at least they feel that way. Already 1CCed Castlevania 1st loop, lol. This thing plays very well, no complaints here so far other than the cord being too short. Scrolling can be off at certain parts (The Drop before Frankenstein stage for example) but in pixel perfect mode is pretty much not there as you have to actually be bent on finding irregularities. I actually like the save state feature a lot, 4 slots too...could be cool in Metroid.

Edit: I love emulation and I love the actual hardware, got an EverDrive, RGB and HD options, still got the NES classic and I'm glad I did.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The controllers are the same size as the originals, or at least they feel that way. Already 1CCed Castlevania 1st loop, lol. This thing plays very well, no complaints here so far other than the cord being too short.

Goddamn EG.

I have been on several gaming sites all day with people getting in lines, driving all over town, hopping online and using inventory checkers, etc. You are the FIRST person I've read all day that's actually cracked it open and played the damn thing.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Goddamn EG.

I have been on several gaming sites all day with people getting in lines, driving all over town, hopping online and using inventory checkers, etc. You are the FIRST person I've read all day that's actually cracked it open and played the damn thing.

And he will prolly be one of the five in the world that will actually play it, much less take it out of the damn box.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
And he will prolly be one of the five in the world that will actually play it, much less take it out of the damn box.

I've already encased mine in the finest Cambodian plastic container and placed it on my luxurious shelf made of the finest Eucalyptus wood.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Ha ha! I hope not, this thing is meant to be played, it plays that good! I just had free time this morning and got lucky. I do want one of them advantage clones and some extension cords though, might head to Best Buy and give it a shot.

Edit: The clone stick might be crap but for 25 bucks I'm giving it a shot.

The NES is prolly my favorite console ever. The games I'm best at, or at least the games I have played extensively are all NES games. Maybe it's the simplicity of it that makes it a favorite. Some of the arcade ports were just more fun for me.

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I got one of the Famicom ones today, and I agree with EG, it actually plays quite well! The controllers are pretty small, but they do the job. The only drawback is that they are again wired to the console so you gotta sit pretty close to the TV and there's no ports like on the NES Mini, but the interface is pretty damn good and it looks and sounds great!

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
What a fucking joke. Amazon crashes right at 5pm ET, then when it pops back up, it's available, add it to cart..."Your cart is empty as NES Classic mini is no longer available". Scum company that creates artificial scarcity. Burn in the firepits where you belong, Nintendo!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Looks like mine won't arrive till Wednesday.

I kinda wish that they included like a bonus "NES Remix" with this...featuring the 30 games that are included here. I love those games, and this would have been the perfect place to implement another one :)

Oh well, maybe in the SNES iteration....

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
They were gone in like 10 seconds on Amazon according to reddit. >_>

I didn't even see a listing to add it to cart until 2 minutes after 2 PM PST.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I guess I'm not surprised, as they are selling on eBay for $200-250. This is the world we live in now.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Looks like mine won't arrive till Wednesday.

I kinda wish that they included like a bonus "NES Remix" with this...featuring the 30 games that are included here. I love those games, and this would have been the perfect place to implement another one :)

Oh well, maybe in the SNES iteration....

I wish the NES remix games had the actual complete games.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Those controllers look sweet, off to Best Buy I go, lol.

Did manage to get a system and an extra controller this morning at the local gamestop, I was the 3rd in line. The only other time I've done anything like this (as in lines before the place opens) was the Dreamcast and I even reserved it, mega lol.

Edit: The gamestop only had 10 systems and 2 controllers...WTF?! I can't believe they released so few, I'm sure the second run will be crazy and then we'll see them just about everywhere.

whoa. wtf. welcome back.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Man, if things are this bad for NES mini, it's really gonna be nuts for the SNES mini.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
Question for those who have been able to buy one of these. I am considering picking up one of the NES controllers to replace the controller case, buttons, and rubbers on my original NES controller. Does anyone know if that will work? I bought some replacement rubbers, but they are a bit stiffer than they should be and the controller looks pretty rough.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
This is emulation, right ?
Did they ad anything like scanlines or filters so it looks good on a modern hdtv,
I was contemplating buying one but now I have a Famicom retrofreak which is pretty incredible I probably pass .

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
This is emulation, right ?
Did they ad anything like scanlines or filters so it looks good on a modern hdtv,
I was contemplating buying one but now I have a Famicom retrofreak which is pretty incredible I probably pass .

Yes and yes. There's limited options.

NESC_DisplayScreen.png