Nintendo Direct, Wed. morning 9am ET/The new New 3DS/3DS XL release dates leaked?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'm still very much on the fence about getting one of these. I no longer have a 3DS so it would be great to play that awesome library again and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is a huge selling point for me, would love to get that version of the system. Does the New 3DS let you use an Amiibo by putting it on the system or will it need an add-on like the older ones will?

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
The new 3ds will have the NFC reader built in. I sort of want to buy a new one, I was never happy with my Zelda XL, the hinge is really loose on it. I could probably sell and get almost enough back to buy the new one.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm still very much on the fence about getting one of these. I no longer have a 3DS so it would be great to play that awesome library again and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is a huge selling point for me, would love to get that version of the system. Does the New 3DS let you use an Amiibo by putting it on the system or will it need an add-on like the older ones will?

New 3DS has an NFC chip. Amiibo right on the platform.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Just curious, what games are you experiencing a lot of slowdown in?

To be honest, I've experienced VERY noticeable dips in framerate on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and the Pokemon games. Smash rarely lags for me unless it's over wireless battles.

EDIT: I just read up on the framerate issue, and they still run the same... Something about that the games not being able to take advantage of the upgrade... Possibly updates can fix this? I know Pokemon gets updates, but I doubt Nintendo would release patches for the rest of the games with framerate issues...

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I want to get a new new 3DS, but I'm worried it won't fit in my pocket and believe it's a pain in the dick to trasnfer all my DL content.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I want to get a new new 3DS, but I'm worried it won't fit in my pocket and believe it's a pain in the dick to trasnfer all my DL content.

Well, it wasn't too hard to transfer my stuff from my 3DS to my XL, but since Animal Crossing is tethered to my XL, I'll probably lose it and the data... At least I won't be selling my AC 3DS XL, it'll just be given to my girlfriend. I'll still have it for AC cravings, but my village will be gone...

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Some big news regarding Best Buy and the Majora's Mask Limited New 3DS XL orders:

Best Buy is Refunding Majora’s Mask 3DS XL Bundle Orders, Stock Replenishing, Limit 1 per Customer

January 17 2015 by Nathanial Rumphol-Janc

Update: They have currently taken down the order page. As it stands, they are still going to be charging $200 in the US, and $230 in Canada. Seems to have been some confusion on their end when updating the site. We'll keep you posted when the systems go back up for pre-order as they sort out the refunded orders.

Today some interesting news crossed our path, so I did some additional researching and even went to my local store. As it turns out, Best Buy is currently in the process of issuing refunds to people who ordered more than one Majora's Mask New Nintendo 3DS XL, as they are limiting it to one per customer. This is good news for many, as scalpers who scooped up several copies will be stuck with just the one from their store to resell. Originally you could order as many as you liked, so I am sure if someone wants they could argue false advertising, but in general most of them are likely going to get refunded and thus, stock will be replenished.

There is no target time or date to make the stock available for order again. If you're the unlucky one that happened to buy 4 for various family members, you're out of luck. You'll have to get them to order it for themselves when it becomes available. I tried to get an exact date, but unfortunately we'll have to keep refreshing our browser until we see it appear. We'll try to report the moment they become available, so stay tuned.

- See more at: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/b...bundle-orders-stock-replenishing#.VLvBU0fF-K3

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Some big news regarding Best Buy and the Majora's Mask Limited New 3DS XL orders:

That's great news. I mentioned this to my gf as an insanely strong "hint hint" for my birthday. Anyone know if this comes w a physical or digital copy of the game?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i just used slightly different names and addresses for my orders. Different forms of payment too.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Anyone know if this comes w a physical or digital copy of the game?

I believe the North American version doesn't come with the game at all. The European version comes with a digital copy of the game.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'm going to hope that since Monster Hunter isn't as popular in the US that the prices don't go super crazy on that one as I plan on buying the system.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
I believe the North American version doesn't come with the game at all. The European version comes with a digital copy of the game.

wait, what? The Nintendo 3ds Mario Kart edition came with a digital copy of Mario Kart 7. The Nintendo 3ds Link between Worlds edition came with a digital copy of Link between Worlds, etc. etc. you get the point. Now, what makes you think the New Nintendo 3ds Majora's Mask limited edition is not gonna come with a digital copy of Majora's Mask?

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Now, what makes you think the New Nintendo 3ds Majora's Mask limited edition is not gonna come with a digital copy of Majora's Mask?

I saw it reported somewhere. Can't remember the link unfortunately.
The system's promo shot says the game is sold separately.

large.jpg

Last edited:

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
I saw it reported somewhere. Can't remember the link unfortunately.
The system's promo shot says the game is sold separately.

View attachment 22107
What's the point of buying this limited edition if it doesn't come with the game then? To be honest, it doesn't look all that anyways. I wanted to buy it because I thought it would come with the game.

Looks like you can make the 3DS region-free now which may prompt some people to hold onto their old ones as this trick surely won't work with the New ones

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=973700
That sounds cool. Are there any good Japanese games that haven't been released in the US? I'm talking about good games that you NEED to get, like some of the Japanese Cave games for the Xbox 360.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
What's the point of buying this limited edition if it doesn't come with the game then? To be honest, it doesn't look all that anyways. I wanted to buy it because I thought it would come with the game.

Maybe because one wants the system? If you only want the game, then get just the game. A lot of the themed systems did not come with games, but that doesn't stop people from buying them.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
If it came with the came it probably wouldn't have been $200. For example, the MH4 bundle New 3DS XL comes with the game, but that was selling for $230 iirc.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
that Majora's Mask edition is averaging $350 on ebay at the moment. highest one sold for was $999 on the 15th...

:spock:

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
If you only want the game, then get just the game. A lot of the themed systems did not come with games, but that doesn't stop people from buying them.
That's exactly what I'm gonna do, buy just the game. I don't feel like paying $350 on Ebay, or having to wait, God know how long, for just a themed system that doesn't come with the game...

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
To be honest, I've experienced VERY noticeable dips in framerate on Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and the Pokemon games. Smash rarely lags for me unless it's over wireless battles.

EDIT: I just read up on the framerate issue, and they still run the same... Something about that the games not being able to take advantage of the upgrade... Possibly updates can fix this? I know Pokemon gets updates, but I doubt Nintendo would release patches for the rest of the games with framerate issues...

I haven't really noticed any yet, but I picked up Code of Princess last year (haven't gotten around to playing it yet), and I had heard reports that there was some slowdown / frame issues in that title, so it was more just a question in general.

But if it's up to the developers to patch their games to take advantage of the new hardware, I'm not going to worry about getting the new system just yet. I can't see the majority of developers doing this, and until there are actual games I want to play that need the new system, I'll probably just hold out for a new version of their handheld as opposed to a mid-cycle refresh.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I found myself looking for an opinion of the New 3DS.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I found myself looking for an opinion of the New 3DS.

I felt the same way. I wanted to know how the c-stick felt compared to the circle pad pro as well as the picture quality. Once units are on the floor for demo, im testing it out.

Magician

20 Year Member
I wonder if there's going to be a limited edition for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D?

I'm holding off on buying a N3DS to see if there'll be one.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I'm buyin the N3DS day one. Very much looking forward to it. Glad to hear that the 3d upgrade actually works, since that was my biggest fear.

Magician

20 Year Member
I'm buyin the N3DS day one. Very much looking forward to it. Glad to hear that the 3d upgrade actually works, since that was my biggest fear.

Word round the campfire is that Amazon is opening preorders on thursday.

Including preorders for the limited Majora's Mask edition.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is due in April, I'm waiting till then.

Last edited: