Now the "Tell me what this New/Old Stock game stuff is worth," thread.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I see a lot listed on Amazon with high prices, but that doesn't mean anyone is actually paying them. Plus I have no selling feedback on there, and I've heard they take a much larger chunk of what you make.

Ebay I have feedback though I haven't sold anything in ages. Plus it seems that they'll happily screw a seller over on little more than the buyer's say-so.

I had an account for a while on that used game trading zone, or whatever the name is. No luck there.

I could probably sell a few things here but I probably need a wider market to move some of this stuff. Is ebay or Amazon the best bet right now, or perhaps some other option I've not considered yet?

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I see a lot listed on Amazon with high prices, but that doesn't mean anyone is actually paying them. Plus I have no selling feedback on there, and I've heard they take a much larger chunk of what you make.

Ebay I have feedback though I haven't sold anything in ages. Plus it seems that they'll happily screw a seller over on little more than the buyer's say-so.

I had an account for a while on that used game trading zone, or whatever the name is. No luck there.

I could probably sell a few things here but I probably need a wider market to move some of this stuff. Is ebay or Amazon the best bet right now, or perhaps some other option I've not considered yet?

Hey bro, How about you start listing some of the goodies you have? I'm sure there will be a few takers myself inculded. Just make sure you sell to only establish members not including pandas.~

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
From experience if you have some interesting stuff you will find that the word gets out beyond these walls to other forums too, so stuff that might seem obscure can still quite easily sell on here.

Worth a try at least.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I would post here first, less likely to get screwed by a buyer assuming what you are selling is legit, just sell to established members.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
For wider market, I'd use Amazon before eBay (because they actually have seller protection), just don't list at the crazy new seller prices that end up sitting there for 8 years.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Just to clarify, there's no Neo stuff in this. Just looking to move some oddities, leftovers, et cetera. I really don't need half a case of new copies of Fighters MegaMix for Japanese Saturn cluttering up the place any longer. :P

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Haven't posted in a while... just came back and posted some threads... looking to sell stuffs...

Z'OMG... You're gonna get got by VT!!!

xROTx

PS. Bio_M pal... I would always advise posting a sales thread here... the lads here are receptive to buying stuffs from cool people like you...

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Wow. When searching around ebay to check prices, I stumbled across some graded video games. Sealed up in acrylic cases and the like, with ridiculous prices on them. Seems counterintuitive to seal up an interactive product to guarantee its authenticity and whatever other drivel they spout on their site.

Then it made me think that maybe I should get my sealed Tactics Ogre PS1 (5,000 U.S. copies made) or some of my sealed Klonoas for PS1 graded so I could demand stupid prices. :lolz::lolz::lolz:

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Haven't posted in a while... just came back and posted some threads... looking to sell stuffs...

Z'OMG... You're gonna get got by VT!!!

xROTx

PS. Bio_M pal... I would always advise posting a sales thread here... the lads here are receptive to buying stuffs from cool people like you...

I'm not getting out of gaming. Just realizing that there's no point to sitting on piles of some of this stuff like Smaug and his treasure hoard. Just ordered some new games last night, actually. Older stuff I never had a chance to play the first time around for the most part. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to de-clutter my life at the moment.

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
As someone who's sold things on both Ebay and Amazon, both are horrible for how much they take out percentage after the sale...Your best bet is honestly on forums.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Depends what it is. I had 12+ NOS KoF 2003 kits. Sold one on here for $60. Almost all the rest sold on eBay for $80 but it took a while. If the game is in demand I think it will sell on this forum very quickly. At the very least post them here first. Many members collect for multiple systems. Just make sure you price them reasonably. One guy tried to sell Jockey Grand Prix kits here then they went on eBay for less. Peeps were not amused. If you're unsure of pricing, post in the "What's it worth" thread.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm not getting out of gaming. Just realizing that there's no point to sitting on piles of some of this stuff like Smaug and his treasure hoard. Just ordered some new games last night, actually. Older stuff I never had a chance to play the first time around for the most part. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to de-clutter my life at the moment.

Bio_M pal.... I am just saying the forums are a good place to start....

After that... review options...

You're rep and standing will facilitate sales... even I would buy from YOU...

xROTx

PS. Friendships aside... eGay and Amazon are rapeville... whatever you can't sell on the forums... you can try somewhere else....

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Bio_M pal.... I am just saying the forums are a good place to start....

After that... review options...

You're rep and standing will facilitate sales... even I would buy from YOU...

xROTx

PS. Friendships aside... eGay and Amazon are rapeville... whatever you can't sell on the forums... you can try somewhere else....

this......

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Then it made me think that maybe I should get my sealed Tactics Ogre PS1 (5,000 U.S. copies made)
hmmm 5000 copies made? That seems like an absurdly low print run, and that game doesn't even sell for that much, usually around the $50 mark. One would think a game with only a 5000 print run would sell for a lot more than that.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Depends what it is. I had 12+ NOS KoF 2003 kits. Sold one on here for $60. Almost all the rest sold on eBay for $80 but it took a while. If the game is in demand I think it will sell on this forum very quickly. At the very least post them here first. Many members collect for multiple systems. Just make sure you price them reasonably. One guy tried to sell Jockey Grand Prix kits here then they went on eBay for less. Peeps were not amused. If you're unsure of pricing, post in the "What's it worth" thread.

Where is the "What is it worth?" thread located at? I looked in the Marketplace forum and didn't see it.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Amazon's fees are worse than eBay/PayPal in my experience; in both scenarios you can get screwed as a seller.

As said above, forum selling is the way to go.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
hmmm 5000 copies made? That seems like an absurdly low print run, and that game doesn't even sell for that much, usually around the $50 mark. One would think a game with only a 5000 print run would sell for a lot more than that.

It's also one of the best games I've played on PS1 or 2. Even though it's originally a SFC game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Tactics Ogre on the SFC was never localized to the US until Atlas ported it to the PS1 with English localization. Unlike the PS1 version with in-battle saves, you could suspend a battle and pick up from where you left it later on, but the data will be erased so you can't load over and over during a battle.
$(KGrHqNHJB8FH+YcM-RYBSDiFv,3TQ~~60_35.JPG

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member

Probably because there are better ways to play it now.

It got remade for PSP, and honestly, the PS1 version is a slow-as-balls, kinda shitty SNES port anyway.

Last edited:

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
image.jpg

First up. Sealed copies of G Darius and Einhander for PSOne.

Sealed copies of Rockman X4 Best Collection for Japanese Saturn.

Sealed soundtracks for Giant Robo from RightStuf, and GunValkyrie from TokyoPop.