offical wwe thread

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
The contracts of AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson, and Luke Gallows all expire in January.

I don't think AJ Styles would leave at this point; he's getting paid big, winning world titles, and he doesn't want all that travel.

I could definitely see Nakamura leaving, though. His WWE run has been underwhelming and NJPW is said to be very interested in bringing him back.

Karl Anderson is the one hurt most by WWE's restricted in ring style and especially their scripted, TVPG promos. I don't know if he wants to leave or not but he's definitely the biggest example of WWE making someone visibly worse.

Gallows is whatever. He'll probably go where Anderson goes.

AJ will stay because he said before he signed with WWE that he was on the last leg of his wrestling career and wanted to retire with WWE.

The other three will be offered just enough money to keep them from showing up at the MSG show next year.

Shinsuke Nakamura well know enough now to have a major IWGP title run to boost the company world wide.

If Karl Anderson, and Luke Gallows got loose it would just be the second coming of the Bullet Club as most fans missed their first run. The true OG bullet club would be back.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Brian Lawler, Brickhouse Brown, Nikolai Volkoff all dead. Harsh weekend.

Lawler hanged himself in jail.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Impact wrestling has been pretty good recently! Slammaversary was amazing!

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Anyone gonna mention how good impact wrestling has become? Let's be honest Slammaversary was amazing!
From the reports (which I posted here of course) it sounds like it was pretty good however there were lots of issues with the live stream and most cable services offered it for $60 and nobody pays those prices these days, no matter how good it was.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Brian Lawler, Brickhouse Brown, Nikolai Volkoff all dead. Harsh weekend.

Lawler hanged himself in jail.
Here are the reports courtesy of Jason Powell at ProWrestling.net:

Brian Lawler dead at 46

Brian Lawler took his own life at age 46 on Sunday. Lawler reportedly hung himself while in in a Tennessee jail on Saturday night. He was hospitalized and placed on life support, though there are now multiple reports that he has died.

Powell’s POV: Brian is the oldest son of Jerry Lawler. He wrestled as Brian Christopher and Grand Master Sexay. He began wrestling in the USWA promotion and had a run playing Grand Master Sexay as the “Too Cool” tag partner Scotty Too Hotty (Scott Garland). Brian has been described by many people over the years as being talented yet troubled. The Lawler family has not issued a statement as of this update, though we obviously wish them the very best during this difficult time.

Brickhouse Brown dead at 57

Brickhouse Brown (Frederick Seawright) died on Sunday at age 57 following a battle with prostate cancer.

Powell’s POV: I spoke with Brian Blair about Brown just last night following the National Wrestling Hall of Fame event in Waterloo, Iowa. Blair is the president of the Cauliflower Alley Club, which assisted Brown financially during his medical battle. In one of the strangest stories ever, Brown was actually pronounced dead on July 20, only to wake up and tell his mother that he was hungry.

Nikolai Volkoff dead at age 70

Nikolai Volkoff (Josip Nikolai Peruzović) died on Sunday at age 70. The cause of death has not been reported, though he was reportedly released from a hospital last week.

Powell’s POV: I will remember Volkoff best for his tag work with the Iron Sheik in the then WWF. The duo had a memorable feud with Barry Windham and Mike Rotonda during the early WrestleMania years. Volkoff was also a successful singles wrestler before that run, though it was simply before my time. My condolences to his friends and family on their loss.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
From what I saw the show was incredible. The early camera work was poor but the show overall was very good. Well done to impact this is not TNA anymore, they really have turned around the product! Keep it up!

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I've been burned so many times in the past because Impact strung together a few good shows in a row. They're going to have to keep it up for a while longer before I give them another shot.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I love this promo. That is all.

People who don't know nothing about professional sports have written me off.

Don't know anything about my gorgeous background.

Let me tell you something.
How do you spell wrestling? A-d-o-n-i-s
How do you spell ability? A-d-o-n-i-s
How do you spell wrestling? A-d-o-n-i-s

You spell wrestling, you spell violence, you spell it all A-d-o-n-s.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
ROH has already sold over 9,000 tickets to the G1 Supercard show at Madison Square Garden in April.

So far they're only on sale to Honor Club members, so it should sell out insanely quickly when tickets are available to the general public.

Also gives us a floor for the number of Honor Club members. If over 9,000 bought tickets to the show, you have to think they have a great deal more subscribers than that. Probably 5-10X that amount.

NJPW World has about 100,000, but less than 40% of them are outside Japan.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Would be nice for the MSG show to sell out or be near capacity.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I read that they were aiming for a layout of 16,000.

I'd guess that if they sell really well, they will find spots for another 2000+.

It would certainly be nice for non-wwe shows to run 10,000+ in different parts of the country (at least in the big wrestling markets).

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Even WWE generally only sets up the Garden for 15,000. If ROH does more than that it's going to be nuts. They can probably fit more seats than WWE simply because their stage, video board and lighting rig are so much smaller.

famicommander

15 Year Member
ROH sold the remaining pre-sale tickets today, meaning they're up to 12,000 already.

General public tickets are available tomorrow, and they're definitely going to sell out fast.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Cool to see someone else get a million dollar gate.

That and the first hour of All In being on WGN is pretty amazing!

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bullet Club changed the entire industry, from PWG all the way up to WWE.

famicommander

15 Year Member
And coming off that huge ROH news, Impact Wrestling got their second lowest viewership ever last night. 168,000 people watched it, which is barely above the 161,000 from last December.

Their last few episodes:
June 7th Episode: 296,000 viewers
June 14th Episode: 276,000 viewers
June 21st Episode: 262,000 viewers
June 28th Episode: 254,000 viewers
July 5th Episode: 304,000 viewers
July 12th Episode: 284,000 viewers
July 19th Episode: 275,000 viewers
July 26th Episode: 299,000 viewers (post-Slammiversary episode)
August 2nd Episode: 248,000 viewers
August 9th Episode: 168,000 viewers

Basically, it looks like they get a bump every time there's a fresh set of tapings. Then it declines steadily until the next fresh set of tapings, but the baseline just keeps going down overall.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Impact has gone head to head with NFL regular season games for years. No way a preaseason game is to blame for their second worst showing ever.

Half the league was playing their first preseason game on Thursday, and with all the QB stories, yes, yes it was the NFL. Or Big Brother. Possibly Big Brother.

famicommander

15 Year Member
dude
DkaNb-7VAAAD9Pq