offical wwe thread

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I like how Austin Vanderford gets referred to as VanZant's husband in recaps. He ought to be fine with that given how his fight with Moussasi went.

It is utterly weird to watch a stellar roster get booked by a billionaire with ADHD every week.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I like how Austin Vanderford gets referred to as VanZant's husband in recaps. He ought to be fine with that given how his fight with Moussasi went.

It is utterly weird to watch a stellar roster get booked by a billionaire with ADHD every week.
At least he's not a billionaire who wants to bang his daughter like the other promotion.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Swinger's one of those guys who should have done more in wrestling. I wonder what companies saw that they only thought jobber when it came to him. I'm not saying he was great but people with less talent were given pushes.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Swinger's one of those guys who should have done more in wrestling. I wonder what companies saw that they only thought jobber when it came to him. I'm not saying he was great but people with less talent were given pushes.
To still be cashing checks and to be on weekly TV at 46 is pretty good, though. Most of his peers are dead or crippled, drunk assholes on Twitter. Other than Rhino and Jericho, how many other ECW guys are still even walking around, let alone performing in a major promotion?

Reactions: Syn

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
To still be cashing checks and to be on weekly TV at 46 is pretty good, though. Most of his peers are dead or crippled, drunk assholes on Twitter. Other than Rhino and Jericho, how many other ECW guys are still even walking around, let alone performing in a major promotion?

Dreamer until he decided to mess up his money flow for Ric, 2 Cold arguably has faired the best out of them health wise with Swinger since he is a fixture on the indy and international scene.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dreamer until he decided to mess up his money flow for Ric, 2 Cold arguably has faired the best out of them health wise with Swinger since he is a fixture on the indy and international scene.
Dreamer and Jericho are completely broken down and Rhino needs to drop 20 pounds. 2 Cold gotta be pushing 60. All things considered Swinger is the most mobile of any of them. It doesn't look like it causes him physical pain to simply exist.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
At least he's not a billionaire who wants to bang his daughter like the other promotion.
I am kinda cashing in my last few AEW chips and just watching Kevin Kelly butcher New Japan every week. Can't wait for TK to fuck up ROH as well.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I am kinda cashing in my last few AEW chips and just watching Kevin Kelly butcher New Japan every week. Can't wait for TK to fuck up ROH as well.
He'll probably start with putting the ROH tag titles on the vastly overrated FTR and quietly usher the Briscoes out of the company because WB is still mad at Jay's dumbass homophobic Tweets from 12 years ago or whenever it was. Jay apologized again for them recently and both Cary Silkin (the openly gay longtime owner of ROH) and Ian Riccaboni (who ran all of the ROH Cares charity stuff and helped build an LGBT community center is his home town) both went out of their way to say that Jay was sincere in his apologies and has done nothing but help the LGBT wrestlers in ROH the last decade, but that's not good enough for the execs.

Never mind the fact that there are a dozen or more people already on the AEW roster accused or even convicted of far worse (including Scorpio Sky, who said homophobic shit both more recently and more often than Jay, and their ring announcer that got caught asking under age high school kids for nudes). They got no problem booking a literal serial rapist in Mike Tyson but Jay Briscoe is too toxic despite apologizing half a dozen times over a decade span and donating two whole paychecks to charities. Mike never even admitted what he did. He just showed up in The Hangover and made everyone laugh and was suddenly forgiven.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Dreamer and Jericho are completely broken down and Rhino needs to drop 20 pounds. 2 Cold gotta be pushing 60. All things considered Swinger is the most mobile of any of them. It doesn't look like it causes him physical pain to simply exist.

2 Cold is nearing that but you wouldn’t know it by looking at him. He’s literally taken “black don’t crack” to new levels and I can’t wait to see him vs AJ Gray at For The Culture.

In other news Jonathan Gresham has won the Progress World title ending Cara Noir’s year+ reign, I hope they run that one back

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member

Orange Cassidy will be ROH world champ by years end.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
He'll probably start with putting the ROH tag titles on the vastly overrated FTR and quietly usher the Briscoes out of the company because WB is still mad at Jay's dumbass homophobic Tweets from 12 years ago or whenever it was. Jay apologized again for them recently and both Cary Silkin (the openly gay longtime owner of ROH) and Ian Riccaboni (who ran all of the ROH Cares charity stuff and helped build an LGBT community center is his home town) both went out of their way to say that Jay was sincere in his apologies and has done nothing but help the LGBT wrestlers in ROH the last decade, but that's not good enough for the execs.

Never mind the fact that there are a dozen or more people already on the AEW roster accused or even convicted of far worse (including Scorpio Sky, who said homophobic shit both more recently and more often than Jay, and their ring announcer that got caught asking under age high school kids for nudes). They got no problem booking a literal serial rapist in Mike Tyson but Jay Briscoe is too toxic despite apologizing half a dozen times over a decade span and donating two whole paychecks to charities. Mike never even admitted what he did. He just showed up in The Hangover and made everyone laugh and was suddenly forgiven.
For some reason I read all of this and could only think, “get the fuck outta here with that FTR take.”

Vastly...

famicommander

15 Year Member
For some reason I read all of this and could only think, “get the fuck outta here with that FTR take.”

Vastly...
Let's put it this way.

Everything they're good at even a little bit, the Briscoes are much better at.

Everything they're bad at, the Briscoes are much better at.

FTR can only have good FTR matches. The Briscoes can have the match of the night against anyone, in any kind of match, anywhere in the world, anywhere on the card.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Accidentally watched about 3 minutes of the Riddle/Orton vs. Crime Time 2.0 vs. actual good team match on RAW tonight and remembered just how terrible the current WWE product really is. Seriously, they had Hunter, Michaels, and Road Dogg running developmental and went no, that's no good, can't show up the main shows.

Tony Khan is a moron but ADHD is more entertaining that pure contempt for the audience.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Accidentally watched about 3 minutes of the Riddle/Orton vs. Crime Time 2.0 vs. actual good team match on RAW tonight and remembered just how terrible the current WWE product really is. Seriously, they had Hunter, Michaels, and Road Dogg running developmental and went no, that's no good, can't show up the main shows.

Tony Khan is a moron but ADHD is more entertaining that pure contempt for the audience.
The only reason AEW doesn't have contempt for their audience is because their audience hasn't been beaten down with pure nonsense for so long they've become jaded.

AEW fans are still in the "lap up any bullshit they put out and pretend it's great because it's not WWE" phase.

Give it 5 years when Jericho is still wheezing his way through 15 minute skits with his newest stable.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Okay so whoever okayed Harwood/Punk followed by Sammy's jizz in Lambert's mouth should be fired and then summarily executed and then displayed for the public. How on earth TK employs Jerry Lynn, Christopher Daniels, Dean Malenko, Sereena Deeb, and countless other people that know better but obviously aren't allowed to tell him is just bizarre.

Edit, if the whole jizz thing was a clever take on the time Brad Maddox actually did come on Paige's NXT belt while Xavier Woods watched all is forgiven.

Edit again holy fuck I can't believe I just typed that. Seriously fuck Tony Khan and the trauma he's inflicting.

Edit Infinity I may come back to see Wardlow take the belt off MJF after MJF takes it off Punk who takes it off completely pointless champ Page but until then I think I'm out on AEW. I'd almost rather watch Reigns and Lesnar. Pretty sure pro wrestling didn't always suck but man not great options these days.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Re: WWE 2K22 - if you are interested in playing this, please pirate this from somewhere, as 2K and WWE do not deserve to make a cent off this shit.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's like we veered off into some alternate universe.

In 2017-2018 it seemed so promising.
Lucha Underground was still a thing
MLW was just getting its feet back under it and putting on surprisingly good shows
Impact had just been rebooted
ROH was on fire. The creative sucked but the matches were lit and they were actually drawing numbers
There were early rumblings of what would eventually become AEW, with All In and then several trademark filings
NJPW was expanding into the US with the AXS TV show, their first shows on US soil, and the ROH tours

Fast forward a few years:
Lucha Underground is dead
MLW will be dead soon and sucks anyway; they're trying to sue Vince McMahon in an antitrust suit
ROH is dead and will now have its corpse paraded around ala WWECW
Impact is drawing 68,000 viewers after they let AEW rape their entire promotion for a whole year straight, and their show sucks anyway
AEW sucks ass
NJPW has gone entirely off the rails and even the hardcore fans don't care anymore, and their TV audience didn't come back to AXS

Basically we traded ROH, MLW, Lucha Underground, NJPW USA, NXT 1.0, and what little remained of Impact's credibility for AEW and whatever the fuck NXT became in response to AEW. And it wasn't worth it.

Reactions: jro

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Re: WWE 2K22 - if you are interested in playing this, please pirate this from somewhere, as 2K and WWE do not deserve to make a cent off this shit.

Have your actually played it? I figured it would suck ass but I haven't heard any actual impressions of anyone with taste. I don't think I've played a decent wrestling game since GameCube.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Have your actually played it? I figured it would suck ass but I haven't heard any actual impressions of anyone with taste. I don't think I've played a decent wrestling game since GameCube.
WWE All Stars is the only good wrestling game of the last 20 years

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Indeed I have, I have the Series X version and I've probably put about 20-22 hours played on it. Played through Rey's showcase, which was fine if uninspired, and dabbled with GM, MyFaction, and Universe. MF, in particular, is an even worse take than usual on Ultimate Team since the entire thing is single player yet still a complete grind or microtransactions or both.

The gameplay is generally better than in years past, and the graphics are really impressive on current gen, but there's one aspect that 2K didn't fix from when Yuke's was making it that's actually worse, if anything, that finally made me uninstall it for good, and that's the utterly bizarre way that the AI works in tag matches. The AI's partner(s) will break up your pin attempt 95% of the time or more, and your own partner will not ever come in in time to stop them. The devs clearly know this is a problem because there's an in-game tip that actually says that you need to knock the AI partner off the apron before making a pin. WTF, maybe fix the problem instead of telling the player to go fuck themselves?

Even that doesn't work much of the time. The My Rise mode has a bunch of multi-man matches near the beginning, and two different ones seemed to be nearly impossible, one a handicap dream of your CAW vs. Rock and Austin. They take damage super fast and should be pinnable, but even with knocking the non-legal guy off the apron first, said guy would recover, get back in the ring, and break up the pin every time I tried it. Finisher, whatever, didn't matter. Happened about 8 times in a row so I intentionally took the loss and moved the story on. Then a couple matches later was a tag match where the same thing happened and I was done.

It's really too bad that the game improved in so many ways this year but that Visual Concepts is too lazy to fix a legacy issue that, IMO, ruins what should be the best mode.

JoeAwesome

I can’t think of a single wrestling game where the CPU partner could stop the CPU opponent’s partner from breaking the pin. All the way from the 16 bit Acclaim games to the AKI ones or the God awful 32/64 bit Acclaim games to the 2K series.

JoeAwesome

Yes, it deserves a second post: War Zone and Attitude were so fucking awful.