Official E3 2014 Thread

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Back on Devils Third - in a reveal trailer for a game about swords, guns and explosives...why do they keep showing the guy playing the drums? Oh yeah, to remind us that he ROCKS

The whole thing reminds me of Poochie in Itchy and Scratchy

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Back on Devils Third - in a reveal trailer for a game about swords, guns and explosives...why do they keep showing the guy playing the drums? Oh yeah, to remind us that he ROCKS

Remember kids, always recycle... TOO THE EXTREME!!!!!

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

Am I the only guy who sees the funniest parody character ever when I look at this "Ivan" guy?

Those tattoos....oh my fucking lol....I wish Deuce was still here to translate all the (probably ridiculous) shit written all over his body; but it would take forever for him to get around to finishing it

I'm afraid this game could wind up being another unique, hilarious, and commercially abysmal game like Godhand or Shadows of the Damned.

Gameplay wise it doesn't look like anything I'd give a fuck about, though.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
If Ivan ends up being funny, it will be unintentional.

Tomonobu Itagaki is not Suda51. He doesn't make self aware games. He has killer ninjas and big tittied women in his game because he legitimately likes those things. Suda51 courts absurdity in his games to defy convention. There's a degree of irony in his productions. Itagaki probably jacks off to his own ideas.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Itagaki probably jacks off to his own ideas.

So the games are more zincy than irony,then.

The entertainment factor will still be there, even if not the original intention.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
So the games are more zincy than irony,then.

The entertainment factor will still be there, even if not the original intention.

I am confident the game will play well. And I hope the character is actually entertaining and not annoying. We hardly know anything about Ivan just yet.

I want this to do well for Itagaki's sake. He's an intense and charismatic game developer that has opinions and a flair for the dramatic. You can tell he cares a lot about the development process and is passionate about his craft. He's definitely making the game he wants to make, and that heart will definitely shine through. I just hope it's not an unintended consequence that the lead character is an annoying prick.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member

I am more glad I do not give a damn about that game