Official E3 2014 Thread

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
June 9th

With so much to look forward to at the end of the year my expectations for this year's E3 are rather low. MS, with the recently repackaged XBone, will probably showcase gameplay footage for Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Fable Legends, and Halo 5. Sony, with the recent changes to the XBone sku, will probably counter with a PS4/Vita sku that we've all been waiting for them to offer. Nintendo, will probably show new footage for all the games we know are coming.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
lol - I love that you started this topic. Hey guys another E3 coming up, gonna suck.

Is everything alright man? Like really, you doing OK? You really jaded on all current offerings or does this go deeper?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I thought Nintendo was not doing anything for E3 again....just some kind of Direct video...which will be entirely focused on Smash Brothers and Tomadochi life probably. Oh, and my man Reggie will be dressed up as Kirby, and Iwata will be the Female Trainer. Its gonna be awesome.

But seriously, I haven't really been following upcoming releases...so it should be interesting to see what Xbone and PS4 have coming out. Maybe something will finally sway me to get one the systems. The only game on my radar right now is The Evil Within...looking forward to seeing more on that one.

Last edited:

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
lol - I love that you started this topic. Hey guys another E3 coming up, gonna suck.

Is everything alright man? Like really, you doing OK? You really jaded on all current offerings or does this go deeper?

Jaded? Nah, everything's fine. My sights are firmly locked on the games that're coming soon (MK8, Watch Dogs, etc). At a time in the year when releases are few and far between. That, and the buzz of new consoles is also removed.

I'll be watching the E3 coverage as usual, but I'm not on a hype train like I was last year.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
if any of the rumors are true... I think this e3 is going to be awesome.
some of the sony rumors are retooling of the last guardian for ps4, guerilla games new rpg, new quantic dream game, syphon filter reboot, and project beast a follow up to demon's souls by sony japan studio.

and I know this is more related to the Japanese release of the xb1 in september, but they also announced 48 developers that signed on for development so I'm hoping for something new from one of the developers (i.e. cave, g.rev, qute, mages, g.rev, klon, triangle service, etc..).

one can dream :>

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The only announcement I'm interested in this year is for Resident Evil 7, which a lot of people are saying will be announced, but not for the reasons you might think.

After the public reception to Resident Evil 6 and Capcom's current financial woes, I'm curious to see how they respond. Do they go back to their survival horror roots? Do they stay on their present course? Go console exclusive, as some people are suggesting but I personally doubt will happen? Branch off in an all new direction (which would be a waste since the game engine is one of two things RE 6 did really well)?

I don't even know if they'll bring it up. It's just something I keep hearing rumors about. I'm just really interested to see what Capcom does with what used to be my favorite franchise and is still in my top five favorites of all time.

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
RE is pretty dead in my mind ever since the departure of Mikami. If anything... I'm looking forward to more "The Evil Within" content than most other survival horror games. The only possible exception being Frictional Games "Soma".

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
RE is pretty dead in my mind ever since the departure of Mikami. If anything... I'm looking forward to more "The Evil Within" content than most other survival horror games. The only possible exception being Frictional Games "Soma".

The Evil Within looks good but I'm so done with bad guys using chainsaws in these games. I don't care if it's Mikami or anyone else, get the fucking chainsaws out of these games already.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm interested to see if MS or Sony can sway me. I' was leaning towards the PS4 due to the price and just to give Sony a go first this generation but we will see. I still haven't seen a reason to upgrade yet and I've been playing a helluva lot less games. Just too damn busy.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Interested to see what is coming for the PS4 and Vita. Especially with the Vita becoming such a JRPG player's dream, there seems to be a lot of potential there. Would love to see something left field like Skies of Arcadia getting a reboot (purely based on that Vyse figure happening, this is only wishful thinking). If RE7 looks good too, all the better.

Could care less what MS is doing, it'll keep Broboxing, I assume.

Now if Nintendo could pull their heads out of their collective asses (almost looks like a human centipede at this point), maybe their Directs will be good, but I have Magician level expectations on them, if not lower.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I saw Xenogears 2 on some list somewhere.

I would like to be jaded/disinterested like I usually am, but I'm just not sure what will happen.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
From how the last E3 was for MS, they need a console seller badly. At least a Halo or Gears, hell even a whole new IP.

I really want to hear more from Nintendo about Smash bros, X, Bayonetta 2, the new Zelda or a new SM Galaxy, or even a new Metroid Prime. Something besides Wii Fit U Rock, or Dance Your Ass Off 2014.

Phyeir

Take her over to the American Jewelry & Loan in Detroit, they'll hook you up with one in trade.

Bitch needs to come with that ride though.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Well now that Retro has got Donkey Kong out of their system they should hopefully be working on something else.

A new Metroid would be cool, but a new (non-sucky) Star Fox would be even better...but i'm not holding my breath for either...

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Take her over to the American Jewelry & Loan in Detroit, they'll hook you up with one in trade.

Bitch needs to come with that ride though.

As I was recently told, a Chrysler is the po-man's Bentley. So yeah, Detroit! Or something, whatevs, lulz/YOLO. wat

Phyeir

Well now that Retro has got Donkey Kong out of their system they should hopefully be working on something else.

A new Metroid would be cool, but a new (non-sucky) Star Fox would be even better...but i'm not holding my breath for either...

Starfox 64 3DS U!!!!

Use the touchscreen as a basin to catch your tears at the lack of new games to play! It's totally a feature.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
New star fox by retro would be to sick Neo_Moe. Bu like you said, not holding my breath for that one. I would really like to see dragon quest 7 for 3DS get announced. I have yet to play it, and it would be nice to do it on a handheld. I'm not as excited as I usually am for E3. Looking forward to some new Wii U stuff, and Project beast, thats about it right now

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Vita is so fucking dead I'll be shocked if Sony even bothers to mention it at E3. It didn't get any attention in its freaking launch year, and the system sold less than 3,500 units in the US last month according to April NPD. By comparison, the Wii U did 48,000 and that is also extremely bad. I love my Vita but I'd be absolutely shocked if anything big is announced for it at E3. Even a bundled SKU with PS4 just seems like a waste of time.

I want a 3DS revision. The original unit is still on sale and is unchanged from its early 2011 launch. It needs to be more streamlined like the DSi. Thinner, lighter, more uniformly shaped, better battery life, better stylus placement, and get the baseline price down under $120 bucks. The XL is too big to fit in my pocket and the low pixel density screen is ugly to look at. And the 2DS is just retarded. The base unit needs a refresh.

And I want the announced Wii U games to show up with playable demos:
Bayonetta 2
Zelda
Hyrule Warriors
X
Smash 4
Yarn Yoshi
Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei

I'll be happy as long as none of those are cancelled.

I'd do unspeakable things to get my hands on a 3DS or Wii U F-Zero. A Metroid game (no Team Ninja, pls) on either system would be ace too. Or other Nintendo series like Wave Race, 1080, Star Fox, Nintendo (Famicom/Advance/Battalion/etc) Wars, etc.

There's a rumored Pokemon fighter from the Harada team at Namco. I hope that turns out to be a real thing.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I saw Xenogears 2 on some list somewhere.

I would like to be jaded/disinterested like I usually am, but I'm just not sure what will happen.
Monolith Soft is already working on a full scale Wii U JRPG (still being referred to only as "X" so far) and their other teams usually do 3DS games and co-development on other first party Nintendo titles.

So that seems really unlikely. Unless that's what X turns out to be, but everything we've seen so far points to that being set in the same world as Xenoblade Chronicles.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yeah bros, I'm totally stoked for

-Call of Duty 27: Profitable Warfare,
-a pile of FPSs and sandbox titles that I won't care to remember
-gay shit from Nintendo
-Project Beast being debunked and going back to not giving a fuck about Fromsoft anymore

Honestly, the best thing about this years e3 is this very thread for leading me to another thread which led me to this gif:

ibt0xiQhmkPXnE.gif

Fuck, this shit is awesome.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Starfox 64 3DS U!!!!

Use the touchscreen as a basin to catch your tears at the lack of new games to play! It's totally a feature.

That could work...except I've already removed the touchscreen from my gamepad and use the space as an ashtray.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I watched last year for the first time, pretty much because it was a console launch coming up. I wanted to say "I was there" when I read an article 10 years from now about how Microsoft screwed up by pricing their product so high. It was some memory but all I got out of it was that MS pulled a Sega (thinking about the Saturn E3) and that Call of Duty dog that we never heard of again.

This year, maybe, maybe not. We'll see what the hype is like but if they have Call of Duty cat and I missed it I will be mad.