Old anime 80s-90s

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Wicked City just got a brand new release thanks to DiscoTek. Must watch indeed.

Was watching the remastered Darkstalkers OVA and it's still awesome!

DiscoTek has been releasing some decent older IPs recently. They did the Lupin movie last year as well.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
I don't know if its already been mentioned but Lily C.A.T. was awesome. Kind of ALIEN like. I was always looking for other anime like that. Horror style.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Iria: Zeiram the Animation is another interesting OVA along with Vampire Princess Miyu & the first four parts of 3x3 Eyes.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Cyber City OEDO 808 is by far my favourite.

Angel Cop, Devil Man, Alita, Appleseed, Wicked City, Mad Bull 34. Too many to list, they're all great!

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Cyber City OEDO 808 is by far my favourite.

Angel Cop, Devil Man, Alita, Appleseed, Wicked City, Mad Bull 34. Too many to list, they're all great!

Kawajiri stated that OEDO was one of his favorites to work on and it shows.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
DiscoTek has been releasing some decent older IPs recently. They did the Lupin movie last year as well.

DiscoTek has been releasing some classics. Take warning about ordering direct from them because their customer service is trash and unfortunately it takes them forever to send your product. You are better off waiting for the release to be available from amazon before pre-ordering from DiscoTek. However I think there is a competitor named Maiden Japan who is releasing some old anime as well.
Btw I am going to try out Cat's eye and Megazone 23 this weekend, so hopefully those live up to some of the hype they have. The more blood the better.

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star
DiscoTek has been releasing some classics. Take warning about ordering direct from them because their customer service is trash and unfortunately it takes them forever to send your product. You are better off waiting for the release to be available from amazon before pre-ordering from DiscoTek. However I think there is a competitor named Maiden Japan who is releasing some old anime as well.
Btw I am going to try out Cat's eye and Megazone 23 this weekend, so hopefully those live up to some of the hype they have. The more blood the better.

Cat's Eye won't have much gore per se but will be fun nonetheless.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
still no answer from any one about crying freeman. surprised this hasn't' made it on any ones list. definitely one of my favourites of all time. maybe even top three.

I thought Crying Freeman was great. I liked the dub a bit better just because the voice acting made it into more of a B action movie than anything else.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I too also liked Crying Freeman wouldn't mind watching it again like now.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I have loads of stuff on a hard drive somewhere.... Iria, Dragon Half, Battle Programmer Shirase, Gunsmith Cats, possibly all of Ranma and Tenchi. I really need to find it all and rewatch a lot of it.