OUYA anyone?

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
After reading this pretty tempting to pick one up for the ultimate emulation experience! I would be more inclined to go with something like the Nvidia Shield just to cover all my needs with just as much power and portability

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
@ $70 - I'm not even gonna talk shit about the bull dike.

Absolutely no bullshit though, how is the old console emulation vs. just doing it on my computer? I want the real. If I scoop this thing and it can't play games like CV4 at like 99% I'll be pissed.

For me having an extra media box would be NOICE.

It's fucking awesome. The only complaint I have about it is that there's only one usb port, so I had to buy a usb hub to plug in thumb drives/controllers/etc, but I'm fine with that. Played through Suikoden I and II over Christmas break on it without any problems. Looks fucking good, too. If my tv didn't have a usb input, I'd be using my Ouya for the VLC app and play tv shows/movies off my thumb drive. It's like an OG modded xbox, but more portable and easier to config.

Some people have Dreamcast working on it, but I haven't tried that yet. I'll fuck around with that over the summer probably.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
What systems can this thing emulate well?

And should I really consider getting one of these instead of just using my computer?

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Have a read the OUYA is a amazing emulation box and complete multimedia system, so much that it can do.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Jamie,

Thanks for showing me Nostalgia..it prompted me to get off my ass and set it up (I downloaded it when it first came out but never used it). It is pretty darn cool..and for everyone wanting all the cool box-art- the app will fetch them for you.

The only thing that would be better now would be if Retroarch (one of the main underlying emulators) were more user friendly. can't complain though as I had Dark Wizard and Lunar: The Silver Star running last night...awesome.