OUYA anyone?

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach

That's funny considering they've been airing this crappy TV commercial 100 times a day...

Just trying to clear out the remaining stock before people catch on that it's a dead platform?
"What if you could push a button and reset the entire video game industry?" :lolz:

I might be in for one to screw around with if it's dirt cheap, but all the complaints about lag are a concern.

aTAUs9a.jpg

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
That is really nice. Is there a PC version of it?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Did they ever put a version of FBA that didn't have a really terrible UI? Last time I messed with it the emulation was excellent but the UI drove me insane.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
All of them and nostalgia to tie them all together.

dude i love the look of that... not that i really play emulators but i'd be tempted to set that up on my ouya... poor thing gathering dust

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
dude i love the look of that... not that i really play emulators but i'd be tempted to set that up on my ouya... poor thing gathering dust

Its totally worth the effort. I have the ouya working with my PS3 Dualshock and Arcade in a Box custom stick for MAME. I purchased a 64GB memory stick to load all the games off of. It took me the best part of a solid week to get everything running and working correctly with all cover art correct and present. Everything is backed up as well. The whole thing cost me around £100 for a perfect emulation box thats so small I can just chuck it in my bag with a controller and anywhere I go on holiday ect have access to 1000's of games. I absolutely love the ouya for what it can do. Oh and of course I have not even bothered playing any ouya specific games on it so far lol. The other advantage is its all running via HDMI for the best possible picture. I was going to grab a RetroN5 but dont think ill bother now with this.

Its also a great media system that will run any type of file format I throw at it. I was using my PS3 for home media but alot of time the PS3 will be funny with certain file types that I need to run through a converter to get them to play, not a problem with xbmc on ouya.

Anyone that wants a open source Emulation box and great media device thats small and compact buy it! I dont care if its a failure and not selling compared to the big boys, to me I play this system more than my PS3/Wii U!

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Its totally worth the effort. I have the ouya working with my PS3 Dualshock and Arcade in a Box custom stick for MAME. I purchased a 64GB memory stick to load all the games off of. It took me the best part of a solid week to get everything running and working correctly with all cover art correct and present. Everything is backed up as well. The whole thing cost me around £100 for a perfect emulation box thats so small I can just chuck it in my bag with a controller and anywhere I go on holiday ect have access to 1000's of games. I absolutely love the ouya for what it can do. Oh and of course I have not even bothered playing any ouya specific games on it so far lol. The other advantage is its all running via HDMI for the best possible picture. I was going to grab a RetroN5 but dont think ill bother now with this.

Its also a great media system that will run any type of file format I throw at it. I was using my PS3 for home media but alot of time the PS3 will be funny with certain file types that I need to run through a converter to get them to play, not a problem with xbmc on ouya.

Anyone that wants a open source Emulation box and great media device thats small and compact buy it! I dont care if its a failure and not selling compared to the big boys, to me I play this system more than my PS3/Wii U!

How about you zip up that 64GB stick with all the custom artwork, and you FTP that to my server for distribution?
I would hate for all the effort to go to waste :)

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
How about you zip up that 64GB stick with all the custom artwork, and you FTP that to my server for distribution?

Yeah, share the wealth!

Jaime666: That is a pretty sweet setup you have there. Do all the emulators run well for you? Any lag or graphic issues?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

This is a great idea. I've been messing with Nostalgia, and it takes a lot of work to go through and add the artwork it misses when it fetches for a directory. If you've already done that, it would save a lot of time for a lot of members.

EDIT - And for anybody confused (like I was at first, and Xian above), Nostalgia is an app that ties all of your emulators together. It's not an emulator itself. It's only $0.99 and totally worth it. Fetching artwork for each system can take up to an hour or more sometimes, though. Then you have to do a bit of cleaning up (which isn't hard, but really time consuming) for the stuff it missed. It's a beautiful interface, though.

Last edited:

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Yeah, share the wealth!

Jaime666: That is a pretty sweet setup you have there. Do all the emulators run well for you? Any lag or graphic issues?

No emulator is perfect we all know that but on the most part everything runs well. The psone and n64 have there usual glitches but everything below seems to run very well.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Damn, that looks awesome. Tempted to pick up a Ouya for cheap for the emus.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Nice work on the emulators 666. I'm leery about these new 'Droid consoles because new ones are being announced and when they come out they've got more horsepower then the OUYA has. I was reading up about Madkatz new one their working on and this morning pictures of Amazon's controller was leaked..

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/14/5508060/amazon-controller-video-game-photos

If they tie it in with Amazon Prime maybe I'll look into it if you can put some of Teh Romz on it with some better controller support.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You can use PS3 and 360 controllers on the Ouya....and just about any other USB controller.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
OUYA is on sale at Target for $69.99 this week, supposing anyone out there is still interested.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
There's one sitting at the case at my Goodwill for $50. After reading wikipedia and reviews, I'm not impressed. I've got my iPod for playing casual games.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
@ $70 - I'm not even gonna talk shit about the bull dike.

Absolutely no bullshit though, how is the old console emulation vs. just doing it on my computer? I want the real. If I scoop this thing and it can't play games like CV4 at like 99% I'll be pissed.

For me having an extra media box would be NOICE.