Post a Pic of your CMVS, AES or Neo CD............

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
We need more submissions in here. Hopefully some have been creating some off the wall CMVS units.

I didnt build off a wall but its attached to parts of a table.

IMG_3175_zpsb3d5e099.jpg

IMG_3173_zps896c7570.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
damn, that is ghetto... what do all those switches do?

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
damn, that is ghetto... what do all those switches do?

Red one is power switch, blue ones is Audio.

I actually had purchased this board and super gun from a member here but on eBay. It was in a game rental casing with a slit for the jamma adapter. It was a nice little box when I got it, but the soldering would keep disconnecting. After a few times of re-soldering the jamma adapter was all messed up so I had to change it and break off that part. I screwed everything in to a plank of wood so it would secure the wires when I would take my CMVS to friends houses.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
What's wrong with ghetto?

Don't feel bad azra, some of us have used rental cases before.

dsc05753a.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Speaking of ghetto, here is a temporary supergun I built a couple months ago:

photo.JPG

photo%2520%25282%2529.JPG

That little pcb on the right hand side of the case is a PicoPSU that I removed the ATX connector from and soldered power wires directly to it to make it smaller and more compact. It has since been retired for a far nicer looking unit.

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
This is my first attempt at a cmvs ,so here goes.

Finally completed it,painting the case proved to be the most difficult part to get perfect,hence its not.As around one of the sides,i had to remove some of the primer because there was a crappy bubble effect,so you can see a slight difference where the layers of built up primer ,red acrylic gloss and clear coat lacquer don't quite build up the removed primer to give a level finish .

Uni bios 3.0 installed,power status led above the controller ports,battery mod ,5volt mod ,rgb scart ,new braided sleeving over the rgb scart and aes joystick cables,24mm white sanwa buttons ,balltop and a seimitsu dustcap .5mm black gloss acrylic base with round aluminium spacers and the mvs sticker from monkey stickers on ebay.

I'm in the uk and i've been quoted that it would easily be worth £300+ (IF i were to put it up for sale),i asked idchappys.neo.store ,who's also a member on here.

And the dust is now gone.

That's a very nice work, congrats! Red/Black is my Favorite Color-Combination.I also like the matching cables :)

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Did this one awhile ago but this is my current CMVS. Nothing super special about it except for the fact that I built it for less than $130 and that includes the Universal BIOS. I still have not put a base on it out of sheer laziness.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
I take it you get RGB out of the mini din?

Yup, there are better external options for component video than using an internal JROK or Neobitz so I don't put an encoder in my systems. However there are enough unused pins on the RGB port that I could add composite and s-video if I wanted to.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
It's really cool seeing the consolized setups of today and how things have grown since back in the days. Some nice stuff in here :D

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Sure. I use my top loader and famicom through RF.

I'm not a videophiliac. You know those guys that pretend to be hard gay for RGB, and if you ask them what they're playing, they'll name the wrong game.

I'm really just too lazy.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Did this one awhile ago but this is my current CMVS. Nothing super special about it except for the fact that I built it for less than $130 and that includes the Universal BIOS. I still have not put a base on it out of sheer laziness.
Spoiler:

Very nice. What did you do for the audio? Old circuit or some kind of amp?

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Very nice. What did you do for the audio? Old circuit or some kind of amp?

Nah no amp, its line level using the old circuit on your website. I was too lazy to order all the parts and build the amp. My current receiver does not have the annoying buzz from turning it up so I just left it. Too lazy to take the thing apart now that its together. How i have it wired I have to undo all the wires to open it up. Everything is cut to length so it stays hidden this unfortunately makes it a pain to work on.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Not mine, found it on the internet. Thought it looks cool painted to bring new life to an old system. Anybody else paint their AES?
custom_neo_geo_aes_by_zoki64-d5s1b7n.jpg

Last edited: