Post Your Recent Purchases!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
You dealing with a local coin shop I take it?
I buy 98% of my silver from APMEX.
Yeah, silver is $3 over spot for generic silver rounds here. $6 for silver Eagles. Every online silver place I've looked at is over $3, unless you buy huge amounts (1500 ounces or more). Obviously, can't afford to do that much at once.

Jon

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Just the one new toy this month. Didn't have any cabs until about 6 months ago!

bIt3t3e.jpg

G0dOQOj.jpg

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Kick harness and silent fan for my Darksoft CPS2 came in along with Rage of the Dragons, Samuai Shodown 2 and Samurai Spirits IV. Rage was quite the find.

One of them looks like Rage of the Dragons or MOTW.Id say the black one is PI2 or Blazing Star.
BB
You got one right!

Look at you just dangling sweet nectar above our noses, you lil bitch!

Gotta milk this shit somehow, I'm running out of games I can realistically buy/afford/want for the MVS lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2760.jpeg
    IMG_2760.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2761.jpeg
    IMG_2761.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I need a proper SCART cable for color (hi res forces monochrome), but I got this untested and I have it upgraded to TOS 1.04 and working with an adapted Amiga tank mouse.

Attachments

• 20231026_164115.jpg
    20231026_164115.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 17

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Tank mouse on an Atari ST feels wrong mate.
Finding an ST mouse stateside would have cost me almost as much as I paid for the system. Ridiculous, I know. I guess back in the day some off-brand mice had an Amiga/Atari switch, since it just swaps pins 1 and 4, so I took this extra tank mouse and did the needful for now.

I have a bunch of adapters for ps/2 and usb mice; Problem is, with the case how it is, normal dsubs won't reach the pins. I'll have to use extension cables to use any other devices, all my own joysticks included, so I ordered a couple of those.

I want to plug this mouse into my 65XE, missile command on XEGS is supposed to have an ST mouse mode.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Finding an ST mouse stateside would have cost me almost as much as I paid for the system. Ridiculous, I know. I guess back in the day some off-brand mice had an Amiga/Atari switch, since it just swaps pins 1 and 4, so I took this extra tank mouse and did the needful for now.

I have a bunch of adapters for ps/2 and usb mice; Problem is, with the case how it is, normal dsubs won't reach the pins. I'll have to use extension cables to use any other devices, all my own joysticks included, so I ordered a couple of those.

I want to plug this mouse into my 65XE, missile command on XEGS is supposed to have an ST mouse mode.
how about getting one of these https://trumouse.com/product/atari-st-usb-mouse-adapter/

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Nice King’s Field big box. I remember playing that when it came out. Loafed around for a bit but with the slow movement speed it was a slog.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I don't always buy new computers, but if you do take advantage of Best Buy's open box area. Couple it with a few day long sale, and well... not sure how they're making profit on a $1899 laptop.

IMG_2793.jpgIMG_2792.jpgIMG_2798.jpg

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I don't always buy new computers, but if you do take advantage of Best Buy's open box area. Couple it with a few day long sale, and well... not sure how they're making profit on a $1899 laptop.

View attachment 69062View attachment 69063View attachment 69064
Yep. Best Buy open box is how I bought laptops for my wife and me. I was so happy with the price I couldn't stop bragging about it to any poor soul in earshot for the first couple weeks. This HP gaming laptop is my workhorse. I don't know what I'll do when it croaks. Buy another open box laptop I guess.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'll never buy a cheap laptop again now that I can afford it. Everything was a struggle just to get it running okay.