Post Your Recent Purchases!

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Picked up some color changing LEDs at IKEA. Just need to figure out the cable routing to clean it up. Maybe even look into wiring them to pull power from the cab's PSU. Maybe when I have more time to research it.
28256cf0e9f795040d2af118df116fd8.jpg

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I got invited last night to go check out an arcade operator's warehouse and came home with a few untested boards...

Street Fighter II World Warrior
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting
Final Fight
Simpsons

SFII CE and HF both work great. WW has a bad A board. Final Fight has issues with the B and/or C board(s) and I don't know about the condition of the A board. Simpsons has a bad IC causing some color and graphical tearing.

And I also got a spare MVS board in the mail...

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

That was everything. As you see hagane had a rental sticker on it. After removing it carefully it had damage already under the sticker. Yolo

I found the lot. It was posted on Craigslist. I found it 20 minutes after being posted. I was at work. So I asked a buddy if he wanted to go get it and we'd split it two ways. Sadly our other friend was at his house at the time so we ended up splitting it 3 ways.

That's one hell of a lot. So what did you get out of it?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
The cab looks nice but you should work on getting that Mini Marquee to light up first!

Picked up some color changing LEDs at IKEA. Just need to figure out the cable routing to clean it up. Maybe even look into wiring them to pull power from the cab's PSU. Maybe when I have more time to research it.
28256cf0e9f795040d2af118df116fd8.jpg

EddScott

n00b
Hi there,

Very new here. Decided to get some retro console in my life and imported this lot from Japan to UK.

29100276951_83b3d22d79_c.jpg

Some may have already seen the pic on Bookface.

Just waiting on correct TV cables and UK power supplies to make sure everything works.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nice pickups!

I absolutely adore the design for the first generation Mega Drive packaging. You should take a look at your serial number and check if you ended up with a unit from the late 80's rather than one from the early 90's. :) Super League is pretty nice for an early sports game, and while I've never played Super Volley Ball it is essentially a precursor to Power Spikes from the same company, so I'd expect it to be at least interesting. Advanced Daisenryaku probably won't do you much good, but the art sure is beautiful.

Good starting mix on the NEO, too! Try to add Fatal Fury Special to that sometime, one of the best and least expensive purchases you can make on AES.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
EddScott, now is the perfect time to get into retro collecting. You made the right move.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Nice pickups Edd, should keep you busy for a while and those boxes look fresh! Like the poster above said, Fatal Fury Special is a must. Perfect game alongside samsho2. What are the SFC games pictured, if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: sheiiit madman

Last edited:

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
my load for this month

2016-08-22%2013-53-06_zpsarwmbvwk.jpg

2016-08-22%2013-55-10_zpspmf0m9go.jpg

i got this game for 90:)

2016-08-24%2017-44-09%201_zps2zvvabue.jpg

sorry for the fucked up focus on the SNK games but if you want i can post my Neo Geo collection, i have quite accumulated some carts now

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
The cab looks nice but you should work on getting that Mini Marquee to light up first!

LOLOLOLOL!
Yeah, just like every other big red, the EL panels are shot. Tested on another setup and I get the same result. I ended up dropping another LED strip into the Marquee area instead for the time being.
49369596100__D2A812BA-3859-4748-A679-B5164F0E7252 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It's not pic worthy but in the last month I've picked up a GBA ED in the group buy, a Harmony cart, and a couple Ultimate SD carts (5200 & Colecovision).

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
LOLOLOLOL!
Yeah, just like every other big red, the EL panels are shot. Tested on another setup and I get the same result. I ended up dropping another LED strip into the Marquee area instead for the time being.
View attachment 38738

There we go! Much better :) Are you going to try and get actual EL panels at some point? Or are you happy with the LEDs?

Some very nice MD bits plus Last Blade 2 :)

View attachment 38741View attachment 38742

Those are some nice MD games. I played a level of Herzog Zwei this weekend and it was more intense than I remember! Grandia is also a great game. I think it's over looked a lot. Even Altered Beast which isn't all that hot I still enjoy. Could be the nostalgia talking.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Wyo is picking up all the MD Goodness. Save some for us. LB2 is such a awesome game. Some good shit you got there.