Post Your Recent Purchases!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
The only thing I'll add to this tangent: bless SEGA for using these hard cases. They can sure take a beating in style, and are far outliving their cardboard counterparts.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
The only thing I'll add to this tangent: bless SEGA for using these hard cases. They can sure take a beating in style, and are far outliving their cardboard counterparts.

Their only weakness is the way they hold the manual is ass, and the few holes in the case.

Also step it up not organizing your games by year released, the hardest of the core.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Everything about the cardboard Genesis titles are shit. Black and white manuals. Cheaper labels. Literally the worst shit ever. I think I'd rather print some high quality inserts and stuff them into cheap sports title clam shells and be proud of the better quality reproduction.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Everything about the cardboard Genesis titles are shit. Literally the worst shit ever.
You're saying the worst thing in the world is Genesis games in cardboard boxes? Those are worse than cancer? Worse than pedophiles? Worse than Coldplay?

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Got this in the mail today. This is the newest fighting game that I have played followed by TvC on Wii and KoF2003
67546fbd56bf50d25f0e4d6272a7ca85.jpg

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Very nice collection... man, I really love seeing those gems properly displayed on a shelf! Don't let those other collectors who think they're not collectors upset you.

That top shelf! It's amazing that you found all that in 2016 without buying from ebay or stores that specifically deal in retro games.

About what percentage of those games came from yard sales and thrift shops? If I were to find one good game in a year from those sources I'd consider myself lucky.

I sold my collection on here years ago.

Everything in this picture was bought in the past 6 months. From yard sales, thrift shops, flea markets, Facebook and iso ads on Craigslist.

In fact everything I own right now is from the last 6 months. One day I'll take pictures of it all. But here's my recent Genesis stuff.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Most of my collection is found at yard sales. I would say 50% of my collection is yard sales.

Another 25% is from thrift shops and flea markets.
Another 25% is from wanted ads on Craigslist and Facebook groups. Aka yard sale groups.

Honestly depending on where you live. I highly suggest going on Craigslist list. Just type in video games, then show wanted. If you don't see a shit ton of wanted ads. Make one yourself. People are always finding games and need cash.

That's how I got a bunch of my rares. Some lady responded to my wanted ad. Said her husband left her for a younger girl and left all his games behind. She hand delivered over a $1000 in games for 250$ lol

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
50% from garage sales. That is awesome. A friend of mine who loves garage saling does OK for retro video games but he rarely find Sega stuff. I bet you're right it depend in part on where you live.
I've put a post on Kijiji looking for SNES Actraiser 1 and 2, loose or boxed and for a long time I've heard nothing. But I'll keep try'in.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i have it on 360. still haven't played it :lolz:. and tatsunoko vs. capcom was awesome. filled the disappointment i had with marvel vs capcom 3.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Oh yes....

Just got this awesomeness

The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T

on VHS

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Well played. Any chance you could add a unicorn and a my Little pony to that picture?

Last edited: