Post Your Recent Purchases!

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
c9de9b7f78249fd66164bedf398cba9d.jpg

Enough internet for me for today... I did read DERP.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
And bundled with a 6B pad is also a plus.

Btw... nice Super Bock :D

SB and Sagres are my goto beers. Sometimes when I'm in the mood I'll have some Sam Adams or Stella.

amplibax

n00b
Picked up a Crazy Taxi sit down (gutted unfortunately) I have an extra naomi but I'll need the cart. Also an MVS 6 Slot. Both I put in storage for now. I don't think the 6 slot is going to fit through door. Anyone happen to have the width for a 6 slot?

dbb6f4e273eb2188cda885f9eddcbdbe.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Picked up a Crazy Taxi sit down (gutted unfortunately) I have an extra naomi but I'll need the cart. Also an MVS 6 Slot. Both I put in storage for now. I don't think the 6 slot is going to fit through door. They are both in storage right now. Anyone happen to have the width for a 6 slot?

Nice pickup!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm feeling the need to bring this thread back to life, so let's go on a journey into the mid 1980s and the Transformers.

This has been stuff I've snapped up in the last 60 days roughly.

First up if memory serves would be walking into my favorite old toy store (where most of this post comes from anyway) and I bump into G1 - Computron, all there, even his manual which was part of the body scattershot and this was around $80 I think. I also walked out with a few manuals including paying just $3 for Megatron', Grimlock as that's all her charges for paper which is awesome.

Next up though again toy store -- more G1 stuff, this time shocker here, $60-65 complete again in the box this time. Metroplex, one of the largest pieces they made and another $10 for a fully chromed insecticon Kickback. And another $10 w/out gun is Sandstorm a triple changer.

Then into ebay, got a dumb luck grab on this, cost me $90, but with what is here, condition, and completeness normal value is $150 so I was super thrilled. One of thsoe few I always gawked at as a kid and never could have -- Shockwave complete w/manual, clean electronics, works perfect.

Also before this I was able to nail down for $49 shipped (which is nuts) the only six changer ever made -- Decepticon Sixshot, complete with the huge fold out transformation manual too.

Back to the shop again...Japanse robots (shogun warriors) I ended up popping just $20 on the bot in the center to the left of the 2 voltron units, Dangard Ace, worth $80 on ebay. Has the wing, cracked but I glued it. I also got the others during this last year as well in the last 6mo all local but the 2 voltrons (online) on those but under value still. Dangard is a non-voltron favorite the head fires off as a missile as do the 2 fists. 2 weekends ago I did find for $3 another one, a 3" red bot name is slipping me but in same shape is worth like $15.

Back to G1 Transformers though, about the same time as the dangard, I got a complete Thundercracker for just $20 which is a steal. This pic doesn't show it but it has all 4 missiles, landing gear, and fists are on.

And finally this was a jaw dropper for me. 6 months back I had a chance at this toy, ended up being with so many missing parts I had to let it go, never thought I'd see it local again, let alone again in the box, working, with ALL parts. He's mostly working, 2 leg drums to walk are cracked, one broken entirely, but I have a pair I ordered for it. It's a complete Omega Supreme with a jacked up box. They don't get any bigger outside of Fortress Maximus. I paid $70 for it, in perspective the little yellow clips (6 of them) tend to sell for $10/ea or more on ebay as parts so I made out.

As I said awhile back, games have taken a back seat to other interests and one of my big ones are Japanese robots, especially Transformers and old Shogun Warriors/Voltron era 1975-85 era stuff so I'm quite happy. Saved a LOT on every one to some degree, and best of all did it off my wallet from just selling off games/toys I don't want anymore.

While NOT pictured, and I'll probably do it eventually for this thread with another burst post as I just got them. I ended up buying for $38 today both G1 Dinobot Sludge (complete, all chrome solid) and Powerglide as well.

This puts me at 69 Transformers (47 autobots, 27 decepticons total.)

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
Picked up a Crazy Taxi sit down (gutted unfortunately) I have an extra naomi but I'll need the cart. Also an MVS 6 Slot. Both I put in storage for now. I don't think the 6 slot is going to fit through door. Anyone happen to have the width for a 6 slot?

I don't have the width offhand, but my 6 slot did not fit through the front door of my house, it was one inch too wide. I had to use our sliding basement door, and it barely even fit then :P

A 6 slot? Lucky you!! My Nba jam cabinet is in the garage because it was impossible to,get it ot the basement.

amplibax

n00b
I don't have the width offhand, but my 6 slot did not fit through the front door of my house, it was one inch too wide. I had to use our sliding basement door, and it barely even fit then :P
I'm hoping I can maybe just take off the doorframe or something. Worst case I'll buy a plot of land, plop the 6 slot down and build a house around it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Indeed! In my opinion, this very first run was the very best.
Turn it around, RAZO, what's the serial number? The one I play on is a launch unit from 1988. :)

Sorry for the blurry pic. Snapped it real quick with my phone. Its 99M 99444. Weird I've seen some that start with A than numbers or just all numbers. but this one starts as 99M than a space.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
OK, so this indicates your Mega Drive was built in factory 9 in 1989, and is the 89,444th console in production run M. In other words, a pretty early system. Probably has the original VA0 mobo.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Put that RAM cart to work! Great selection, Zerrminator.
Some day, curiosity will get the best of me and I'll try Shin Shinobi Den, too.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Put that RAM cart to work! Great selection, Zerrminator.
Some day, curiosity will get the best of me and I'll try Shin Shinobi Den, too.

For all the crap it got at release, it's actual pretty good. The controls feel a little floaty due to the digitIzed graphics but easy to get used to.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98

This is one sexy 6-slot cabinet! I have not seen one around here for sale in a while. Where did you get this from?

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
For all the crap it got at release, it's actual pretty good. The controls feel a little floaty due to the digitIzed graphics but easy to get used to.

Yep I remember buying Shinobi on the Saturn the month it was released. I've always enjoyed it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I agree. The movie cut scenes are kind of Korny but the game is actually pretty good.

amplibax

n00b
This is one sexy 6-slot cabinet! I have not seen one around here for sale in a while. Where did you get this from?
I got it from an old op. It came with some decent carts too including Striker 1945 and Mutation Nation.