Post Your Recent Purchases!

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
So my buddy knows how I just picked up my Model 1 Genesis and am trying to start getting games for it. I told him if he ever wanted to part with his Contra Hard Corps and Castlevania Bloodlines, I'd gladly buy them from him.

We were babysitting his daughter last week and he brought by his box o' stuff for me to take a look at. He says it's just collecting dust and asked if $100 for everything would be unreasonable. I told him that it was probably a little low and that he could get quite a bit more. But he insisted and I told him I would buy lunch a couple times too. He's also gonna bring by 2 extra controllers that he forgot.

IMG_20161011_191121341-1024x576.jpg

Needless to say, it's a good feeling buying from your friends. Not only is he getting my money, but he's pretty stoked to come by and play some shit now that I picked up my XRGB Mini.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Was looking for a cheap OG GBA to do the AGS-101 screen transplant in. Found a premodded one on ebay for cheaper than it would have cost me to do it myself.

nD74oku.jpg

Last edited:

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
damn that is a nice score from your friend :)

Yeah, he's a great dude. The kind of guy that's not out to try and make everything the best for himself. He's the same guy that got me into Warmachine and gave me a starter set of models and a full faction deck for my kid that wanted to get into playing.

My motto, have a lot of buddies but only call a handful of them friends.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Yeah, grabbing one of those trays when in Japan is sort of a rite of passage, no? I think they look cool and i'm sure no real harm was done.

I understand that, and it sucks that the arcades that have these don't sell them, from what I've heard, but the original post rubbed me the wrong way. But no biggie.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'll still say it but that GBA distracted me, lucky sob I agree with too. That's a lot of solid Gen games there and being complete adds a little extra in value too on some of those.

But that GBA...got one for less than making it?? Must have been missed or a low priced BIN I'd bet. I've been watching them recently because of stupid Pokemon Go it's like impossible to harvest the parts alone anymore at a reasonable price for me to make a 2nd one after my poor tooling job on the plastic cost me the 1st one I made awhile back. I miss it, so comfortable, so flawless for the hands as it doesn't cramp me up as it's controller sized. I've been watching that BIN trolling piece of shit on ebay lately trying to sell 'sale' price for $170 and some morons pay it while claiming they're usually $200. Fair market is usually around that $100-120 mark on them and that guy is making things even harder on top of the fanboy interest wanting real pokemon games more due to that mobile title. You can check old sales prices on GB, GBC and GBA along with Pokemon (any) and they've all gone up since that Go title popped out. It has added like $20 to the price of the GB games and that or more depending on the model of Gameboy which is really annoying.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I understand that, and it sucks that the arcades that have these don't sell them, from what I've heard, but the original post rubbed me the wrong way. But no biggie.

Do you use extra napkins or ketchup when you go to a burger joint? How about an extra sleeve for your coffee cup? Do you feel bad when you drop a beer glass in the bar and it breaks?

I'm pretty sure they have thousand count boxes of these things in the back. They are cheap, made in China, and simply a small part of their operating cost. I've spent plenty of yen there so don't feel bad taking a small souvenir home with me. If some higher power chooses to judge me when my time comes, so be it, but I'm not losing sleep over this.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Aluminum Case

Leaf-switch buttons

Modified♥Sanwa JLF 8-way joystick with circle restrictor, silent switches, heavy spring

Aluminum ball top

Polycarbonate laminated overlay

9 foot replaceable♥cord

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Aluminum Case

Leaf-switch buttons

Modified♥Sanwa JLF 8-way joystick with circle restrictor, silent switches, heavy spring

Aluminum ball top

Polycarbonate laminated overlay

9 foot replaceable♥cord

Dude that's fucking pimp, congrats man!

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Yeah, he's a great dude. The kind of guy that's not out to try and make everything the best for himself. He's the same guy that got me into Warmachine and gave me a starter set of models and a full faction deck for my kid that wanted to get into playing.

Well said. Good score man lots of great titles.

lwizardl

n00b

warmachine is not a cheap hobby same as 40k, I'm slowly getting into using miniatures with my tabletop gaming but so far I'm just a D&D and soon Pathfinder gamer

I agree very well put

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'll still say it but that GBA distracted me, lucky sob I agree with too. That's a lot of solid Gen games there and being complete adds a little extra in value too on some of those.

But that GBA...got one for less than making it?? Must have been missed or a low priced BIN I'd bet. I've been watching them recently because of stupid Pokemon Go it's like impossible to harvest the parts alone anymore at a reasonable price for me to make a 2nd one after my poor tooling job on the plastic cost me the 1st one I made awhile back. I miss it, so comfortable, so flawless for the hands as it doesn't cramp me up as it's controller sized. I've been watching that BIN trolling piece of shit on ebay lately trying to sell 'sale' price for $170 and some morons pay it while claiming they're usually $200. Fair market is usually around that $100-120 mark on them and that guy is making things even harder on top of the fanboy interest wanting real pokemon games more due to that mobile title. You can check old sales prices on GB, GBC and GBA along with Pokemon (any) and they've all gone up since that Go title popped out. It has added like $20 to the price of the GB games and that or more depending on the model of Gameboy which is really annoying.

I snagged mine for $125, shipped.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Dude that's fucking pimp, congrats man!

It works well with everything I've tried so far. It's one of the last to be made, 200 total I think. There's a handful of right hand ones too. It feels solid and well made but it was pricey. So far it's worth it;)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Got some awesome AES games in a trade with Marty :)

DSC01088.JPG

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
warmachine is not a cheap hobby same as 40k, I'm slowly getting into using miniatures with my tabletop gaming but so far I'm just a D&D and soon Pathfinder gamer

I agree very well put

Interesting enough, we stopped using minis all together in our campaign. We started with 4e when it was pretty much necessary, but then we switched over to 5e as soon as it was released. Now everything is basically whiteboard for us.

Last month was the 3 year mark of our campaign and next month the 2nd, "campaign baby," will be born. Good stuff.

lwizardl

n00b
Interesting enough, we stopped using minis all together in our campaign. We started with 4e when it was pretty much necessary, but then we switched over to 5e as soon as it was released. Now everything is basically whiteboard for us.

Last month was the 3 year mark of our campaign and next month the 2nd, "campaign baby," will be born. Good stuff.

I have been playing off and on since about 93 started with AD&D2e and never used minis until recently we wanted to give them a try. I have been getting lucky and finding heroscape games for cheap at garage sales. so far I have spent around maybe $20 and have around 100 minis. Not all are great for the setting but good use for starter items and this way if we decide to go back to the graph paper method we had used in the past I am not out much money

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I have been playing off and on since about 93 started with AD&D2e and never used minis until recently we wanted to give them a try. I have been getting lucky and finding heroscape games for cheap at garage sales. so far I have spent around maybe $20 and have around 100 minis. Not all are great for the setting but good use for starter items and this way if we decide to go back to the graph paper method we had used in the past I am not out much money

I started with second ed as well. I skipped third edition and played a bit of fourth. I really liked it too. Minis where obnoxious though.