Post Your Recent Purchases!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Had two NOS MVS kits show up today. Metal Slug 4 & Jockey Grand Prix. MS4 got fired up immediately. Quite like it.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet

From the top down and right to left

Top - rear heater blower motor switch for the 4runner
2nd row - puzzle bobble, samuri shodown 2, and metal slug minis obvious inkjet, and a OG world heros mini
3rd row - 200 yen (4x 50yen coins) and a bootleg KOF96
final row - move sticker for shock troopers 2nd squad (might send to classic game room, not sure yet)!

Big thanks to Tyranix95 for selling me your excess!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Recent additions over the past week:

Some new custom cases

piop.jpg

And then the awesome goodies...

wti6.jpg

Top left to bottom right, RBFF 1 & 2, King of Boxing/Center Ring Boxing, and a REALLY nice set of D2/D-Terminal>component cables for my PSX. Super special thanks to Fox1 for making the RB's happen for me, I owe ya one pal :)

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Recent additions over the past week:

Some new custom cases

piop.jpg

And then the awesome goodies...

wti6.jpg

Top left to bottom right, RBFF 1 & 2, King of Boxing/Center Ring Boxing, and a REALLY nice set of D2/D-Terminal>component cables for my PSX. Super special thanks to Fox1 for making the RB's happen for me, I owe ya one pal :)

The OG cases for the Gundam side story games are actually really nice, what did you do with those?

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Thecoverproject.net

This is where I got all my Sega CD covers. I printed mine with a high end laser copy machine at a local place on 100 weight glossy photo paper. Makes amazing covers and the project has multiple submissions generally for normal width and slim line dvd cases!

Last edited:

mainvein

n00b
i got this recently:the pics make it look better than it is, the case is well shonky and a couple of cables have come out of the scart block too so i need to learn how to solder to get a picture, there is also a spare power cord to fit in some LEDs too.

Look its a saturn:

but wait...

its a sneaky neo geo MVS

I really want to put it in a new case though, something thats more stable and secure as nothing in this is screwed down and feels like it will fall apart. What would you guys suggest? i did look on google and came across someone who used a tupperware tub that made me laugh.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
The OG cases for the Gundam side story games are actually really nice, what did you do with those?

They've been carefully boxed up and placed in storage with the rest of the og cases. Trust me...the originals are still being preserved.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
thats the plan, just debating what case to use for it :-)

It arrived just in time as my AES died yesterday. random garbled screen, cannot get a game to play on it

No, I'm talking about fixing it up in the Saturn case.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
I finished my newest RGB NES last night using Tim's New RGB kit. The results are amazing to say the least. I also have it wired up for expanded audio and am using the rebuilt audio circuit that comes with the kit. It both looks and sounds great.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nice work Skips. How easy is the kit to install for a n00b from 1-10?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I finished my newest RGB NES last night using Tim's New RGB kit. The results are amazing to say the least. I also have it wired up for expanded audio and am using the rebuilt audio circuit that comes with the kit. It both looks and sounds great.

That's badass man! I got one of his second batch of boards coming for me. :D Can't wait I know the pic's can't do the screen justice but, how awesome is it really? Huge difference between the playchoice ppu and Tim's board?

Btw, nice clean mod work very impressive man!

I want the Peter North special seal (hot glue) on all my solder joints when the mod is done to mine. Or the Drakon special. :keke::D

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
wait...haven't we seen this before? something about shitty hack job?

i got this recently:the pics make it look better than it is, the case is well shonky and a couple of cables have come out of the scart block too so i need to learn how to solder to get a picture, there is also a spare power cord to fit in some LEDs too.

Look its a saturn:

but wait...

its a sneaky neo geo MVS

I really want to put it in a new case though, something thats more stable and secure as nothing in this is screwed down and feels like it will fall apart. What would you guys suggest? i did look on google and came across someone who used a tupperware tub that made me laugh.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

Skips I didn't notice it but, where did you mount the 4 way switch for the color palette on Tim's board?

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Nice work Skips. How easy is the kit to install for a n00b from 1-10?

Assuming the noob can solder well, has no knowledge of the NES, and are just doing the basic install I would say a 5-6 for a complete noob. They still have to know how to desolder correctly with this mod and do so without damaging the PPU (you need it for the kit itself). I cringe every time I see a noob heat gun the PPU out or scratch the PCB to shit trying to heman the poorly desoldered PPU out of the PCB. Just because of the desoldering of the PPU alone I still would not recommend it for newbies. That being said it is a good deal easier since you do not have to build your own circuits. I have already seen a few cases of "MY CPU MAGICALLY DIED BUT WORKED EARLIER" with noobs trying to mod AV Famicoms. No shit sherlock you probably melted the bottom of the CPU (I have personally seen this a few times with clients sending me systems for repair before).

I strongly recommend the use of pin headers and connectors in this install, it makes it so much easier to work with and looks so much cleaner. It is super convinient to not have to use the soldering Iron to remove the NES PCB from the shell.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student

Skips I didn't notice it but, where did you mount the 4 way switch for the color palette on Tim's board?

The knob on the back is a 4 way rotary switch. I dislike the hole the slider switch leaves in the shell so i used a panel mount rotary switch.