Post Your Recent Purchases!

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
The knob on the back is a 4 way rotary switch. I dislike the hole the slider switch leaves in the shell so i used a panel mount rotary switch.

Oh I see, that does look a lot better imo. I'm having a top loader done with this same mod but, I don't know if there would be much room left on the back for the rotary. Because I'm converting the RGB to component with a internal board. I already mounted the component RCA jacks on the back. Man I wish there was enough room to use the rotary it does look way better. Guess I'll half to get creative with the 4 way slide switch lol.

Last edited:

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
That's badass man! I got one of his second batch of boards coming for me. :D Can't wait I know the pic's can't do the screen justice but, how awesome is it really? Huge difference between the playchoice ppu and Tim's board?

Btw, nice clean mod work very impressive man!

I want the Peter North special seal (hot glue) on all my solder joints when the mod is done to mine. Or the Drakon special. :keke::D

I don't have the old RGB NES here to compare but from memory this one is much better. The RGB output is a tad bit sharper, has 0 interference, and the RGB Palette option appears to be spot on with the Playchoice PPU. This kit also has none of the glitches the non top gun/Gumshoe PPU's exhibited. I would have to say that its RGB quality is actually better than my MV1FZ CMVS on my 20 inch BVM. It is pretty damned impressive looking. Even on the CVS287 component encoder its quality is comparable to RGB on the lower end PVM monitors.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Oh I see, that does look a lot better. I'm having a top loader done with this mod. I don't know if there would be much room left on the back for the rotary. Because I'm converting the RGB to component with a internal board. Already mounted the component RCA jacks on the back. Man I wish there was enough room to use the rotary it does look way better.

I use the CVS287 external encoder for component video. It allows me to purchase/build one encoder for all the game systems. Its a good deal cheaper and gives the same result. Having an RGB port is also a very nice option in case you ever have to resell or decide to move up to something better such as an XRGB or PVM/BVM.

The rotary switch is pretty large on the solder side. The one I used would only fit in the front loader.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I use the CVS287 external encoder for component video. It allows me to purchase/build one encoder for all the game systems. Its a good deal cheaper and gives the same result. Having an RGB port is also a very nice option in case you ever have to resell or decide to move up to something better such as an XRGB or PVM/BVM.

The rotary switch is pretty large on the solder side. The one I used would only fit in the front loader.

I was trying to find a back lower "piece" panel multi out of an A/V famicom so I didn't half to fab. up something for the U.S. top loader back lower piece to accept the mulit out connector. It would have looked so much cleaner but I wasn't gonna poach a good a/v fami just for that lower rear piece and the mulit out. So that's why I decided to do the RGB to component board internally.

Congrats on your system and the mods you performed it looks badass man! :cool:

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
kLa5RNs.jpg

:buttrock: Hell yeah.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Found a killer deal on C-list tonight! dropped a hundo and walked away with the box of "junk" as my wife says.

2 slot - not to happy with the paint job. They rattle canned over the slot stickers...:(

EWWWWWWW!!!!!

4 games. 3 with OG labels and boxes with assorted art sets. 1 legit cart with replacement label!

2 credit led boards and a OG mini marquee

2 brand new credit led boards and harnesses

Some good looking vinyl im thinking of putting on the 4runner to represent!

2 slot top marquee panel

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Found a killer deal on C-list tonight! dropped a hundo and walked away with the box of "junk" as my wife says.

2 slot - not to happy with the paint job. They rattle canned over the slot stickers...:(

EWWWWWWW!!!!!

4 games. 3 with OG labels and boxes with assorted art sets. 1 legit cart with replacement label!

2 credit led boards and a OG mini marquee

2 brand new credit led boards and harnesses

Some good looking vinyl im thinking of putting on the 4runner to represent!

2 slot top marquee panel

Real nice,great deal
You're so lucky.congrats

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
RBFF 1 & 2
Nice! If you don't have it yet, get yourself RBFFSpecial :buttrock:

I really want to put it in a new case though, something thats more stable and secure as nothing in this is screwed down and feels like it will fall apart. What would you guys suggest?
I'd say loose the case altogether and consolize it or use a super gun. Whatever you do though: Please do not solder to the JAMMA edge, use the plug that is already on there and keep the board in good shape. (Take a look at the battery and maybe replace it, too.)

It arrived just in time as my AES died yesterday. random garbled screen, cannot get a game to play on it
Search the tech section, my guess is that you're not the first with such an issue and your AES deserves to be repaired ;)

I finished my newest RGB NES last night using Tim's New RGB kit. The results are amazing to say the least. I also have it wired up for expanded audio and am using the rebuilt audio circuit that comes with the kit. It both looks and sounds great.
Cool mod, impressive work on that one. The 4 way dial is a really nice touch. And, once again, I envy you. I wouldn't dare the mod myself due to too little skill and I missed out on the NESRGB board. One fine day my old front loader will be outputting RGB glory... you wouldn't happen to be modding those for others? :glee:

Can't say I'm going to have much luck playing or understanding these, but that's not really the point.
I see........

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
RBFF Special is one I have heard MANY good thing about...it's definitely on my list!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
RBFF Special is one I have heard MANY good thing about...it's definitely on my list!

To me it is easily the best in the Real Bout series and on par with Fatal Fury Special. Grab it when you can and you will be set.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Finally got a supergun made custom and an MVS-1FZ and all the Metal Slug games, wish I had space for a cab but this setup does nicely
807bfc3098190a18423aaad8fabe0319.jpg

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
i got this recently:the pics make it look better than it is, the case is well shonky and a couple of cables have come out of the scart block too so i need to learn how to solder to get a picture, there is also a spare power cord to fit in some LEDs too.

Look its a saturn:

but wait...

its a sneaky neo geo MVS

I really want to put it in a new case though, something thats more stable and secure as nothing in this is screwed down and feels like it will fall apart. What would you guys suggest? i did look on google and came across someone who used a tupperware tub that made me laugh.

Holy shit, someone bought that hunk of crap? lol. PLEASE SAVE THAT ONE SLOT!!!!

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey

dougal

n00b
Arrived today: M1BBV 1 Slot motherboard & SuperGun MAK Strike. Borrowed Samurai Shodown IV from a friend and set up everything on my TV. I'm using an AES Joystick.

Everything working great :)

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
carts.jpg

My first set of Yahoo Auctions Japan carts have arrived.

Metal Slug 2, Winning Stakes 2, Real Bout 2 The Newcomers, World Heroes 2 Jet, and King of the Monsters. Very excited about these. They even came with re-printed art sheets and manuals, in good quality. Now I just need way more Shock Boxes...