Post Your Recent Purchases!

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
You'll have a blast with those, I know everyone loves 2 but the original Sam Sho is still a fantastic game. Great selection with those carts, you'll have some serious multiplayer fun too.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Finally tracked Down a Neo Geo Pocket Worm Light. Here's hoping it works out better than the botched frontlight mods I've seen. So weird going back to one of these things. Here's hoping that 17 year old rechargeable battery lasts me awhile.

View attachment 45473

Seriously? You really think this is going to work better than a frontlight mod, lol, get real man.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Trying these out with the ROMs. So far I love the feel and have put in some good time with SNES and PCE classics. Now if I can only get mame to work I'd be set. View attachment 45474

I'm glad to hear some good feedback on these. I've asked a bunch of my friends and everyone has heard of them, but not tried them. I tried the Buffalo ones most people suggest and I hated them. Do they feel pretty similar to the original SNES ones?

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Do they feel pretty similar to the original SNES ones?

I have a few of these. I played some Ultra Street Fighter II on Switch with them recently - can confirm that they feel just like the original controllers (and far better than the Buffalo USB ones).

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I have a few of these. I played some Ultra Street Fighter II on Switch with them recently - can confirm that they feel just like the original controllers (and far better than the Buffalo USB ones).

so these are for Switch?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Jesus no way, the ibitdo SNES pads are ok, not as quality as the SNES ones, specially on the D-pad which is way more flat, it just feels stiff with very little resistance. I got one so I could hack it for a stick for my switch and SFIIUltra but now that the Brook works I have no need to hack this pad so I kept it as an extra controller but this is no end all be all pad, not by a long shot. You can still play ok, not recommended for fighting games at all.

On another note the switch propad is awful too, they should have kept the quality used in the Wii classic controller pro that was pretty decent.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Jesus no way, the ibitdo SNES pads are ok, not as quality as the SNES ones, specially on the D-pad which is way more flat, it just feels stiff with very little resistance. I got one so I could hack it for a stick for my switch and SFIIUltra but now that the Brook works I have no need to hack this pad so I kept it as an extra controller but this is no end all be all pad, not by a long shot. You can still play ok, not recommended for fighting games at all.

On another note the switch propad is awful too, they should have kept the quality used in the Wii classic controller pro that was pretty decent.
Give the 8bitdo's more playtime. After they're broken in they start to feel really similar to the 25+ year old originals.

I've been noticing it lately with one of mine. I have been logging more time on just one of my SNES30's and it is feeling less stiff now compared to my practically untouched second one. I really should try to rotate them in usage. Yeah

But they will definitely feel closer to the original after the conductive pads have had a chance to soften from usage.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I use the SNES 8bitdo pad for Cavestory and Puyo Tetris, maybe it will break in but I doubt it, the problem isn't the pad being new but the rubber actuator being flat, nothing is gonna fix that. Playing SF with this is frustrating to say the least.

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Hmm, I wonder if each batch was build with different parts. Mine feel like they're a bit too high, like the dpad gets pushed out higher from the shell than the originals. I'm not sure if it's the rubber pads or the mold of the dpad's plastic. I might have to do a tear down to see what's what.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Picked up a Dynamo HS-5 with 5 games and an artset for Ghouls 'N Ghosts. Also swapped a Commodore 1702 for a SONY PVM-1353MD. The games are Street Fighter Alpha 2 & 3, Super Street Fighter II, Vampire Savior, and Marvel Super Heroes. I still need to test the games 1 or 2 might have suicide, but it was a good day...

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
my first step into the awesome world of arcade cabs with a Sega Blast City from Rklok :D

IMG_8091.jpg
19758243_10213639966933019_2039321279_n.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dude...I see that 5 year old girl on that scroll flashing panties and then I see you're playing Pachinko Sexy Reaction...

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Picked up a Dynamo HS-5 with 5 games and an artset for Ghouls 'N Ghosts. Also swapped a Commodore 1702 for a SONY PVM-1353MD. The games are Street Fighter Alpha 2 & 3, Super Street Fighter II, Vampire Savior, and Marvel Super Heroes. I still need to test the games 1 or 2 might have suicide, but it was a good day...

Such a sick bunch of scoops!! I have fingers crossed for 0 suicides on those boards :)

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I use the SNES 8bitdo pad for Cavestory and Puyo Tetris, maybe it will break in but I doubt it, the problem isn't the pad being new but the rubber actuator being flat, nothing is gonna fix that. Playing SF with this is frustrating to say the least.

My pads felt stiff at first too, but they broke in after a few Ultra Street Fighter II sessions.

so these are for Switch?

They're for a whole bunch of platforms. If you buy their Retro Receivers, you can use them on NES/SNES as well.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

nice purchase, mate. those alpha 2 cabs are always a pleasure to the eye.

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
Addams familu

2EBtWfN.jpg

Attachments

• 20170630_200226.jpg
    20170630_200226.jpg
    916.6 KB · Views: 308
Last edited: