Post Your Recent Purchases!

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
got a pretty nice deal on this amiibo set. got the 3 mp amiibos for 50 bucks for the 3. was so worth it for gold mario! also got 2 nice 35mm stick balls to replace my cracked aes stick balls with these nice new ones!
yix1bMTl.jpg

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
USB GD-ROM and the Rhea :buttrock:

dZnZGwH.jpg

yRgfv06.jpg

I had never heard of these until now. Did some Googling and both seem pretty amazing. Pretty kick-ass that you can mod Saturns and Dreamcasts to use SD Cards and make the loading super-fast.

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
I recently got these games in the mail, Super Turrican and Challenge of the Dragon for NES. Challenge of the Dragon was a really shitty game! >_< but I didn't expect much else from Color Dreams.. It's got really nice boxart though :)
I also got Zoids Densetsu for Game Boy which is really awesome! Anyone who still plays Game Boy should look into it! Catchy tunes and fun gameplay :)
Last but not least a Playstation game called Gunners Heaven...
nes-challenge-of-the-dragon-complete.jpg

nes-super-turrican.jpg

game-boy-zoids-densetsu.jpg

gunners-heaven-complete.jpg

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hey sXw you make some serious photos, the use of the reflective surface and the bokeh are beautiful.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
nes-super-turrican.jpg

Doc & I were just talking about this game the other day. Talk about in the wrong hands, you'll never play this nor will any of your friends, I guarantee it. If for some crazy reason you do, you won't last 10 minutes. Wouldn't mind to be proven wrong though.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
It's more fun to flash your e-peen on the internet than play it anyways.

To be fair, at least she is showing pictures of gatherings and people actually playing her games.

Still can't stand that fucking phrase though, "retro gaming".

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Retro Hipster Gaming

Not saying our gal (...) here is a hipster but this is what is coming to nowadays.

stopXwhispering

New Challenger
Doc & I were just talking about this game the other day. Talk about in the wrong hands, you'll never play this nor will any of your friends, I guarantee it. If for some crazy reason you do, you won't last 10 minutes. Wouldn't mind to be proven wrong though.

Super-Turrican.jpg
I actually really enjoyed Super Turrican! Been playing it for a couple of hours this afternoon. What I really love about it is how you can hold the shoot-button to run and jump faster and higher, just like in super mario, it makes the controls extremely fluent. I also love the precision jumping that is demanded in this game, since that's right up my alley! I also love that when you collect powerups for the various weapons you actually get to keep the guns powered up!! My favorite guns are the spreader and the one where you just hold the button and it shoots constantly! The spreader is no. 1 though because of it's amazing reach! I also love how that the health powerup FULLY restores your health, instead of just a little tiny bit of it! :D I also really enjoy the music, and it's awesome that each stage has it's own new tune instead of just repeating the last one ^^ It's a challenging game, but not impossible. After some trial and error you eventually find where to go. There are some places where you just have to make a leap of faith and hope that you land on a platform, but once you know where it is, there's no issue.

What I hate about this game are the random boulders and lightning that are almost impossible to dodge! And these stupid spike balls that you have to dodge under without getting hit >_< I managed to get the hang of them eventually though.
Super-Turrican---damn-spikes.jpg

I was stuck for a while at this place, until I realized I could hit down and PAUSE (cause that's obvious?) to turn into a ball and roll over the spikes! :D AWESOME! Haven't fully managed the controls of the spikeball yet but I at least got past that stage and beat a boss! ^_^
Super-Turrican---stuck.jpg
Super-Turrican---yay-spikeball.jpg

I managed to get as far as to stage 2-1 (the fourth stage), and then I had to stop cause I'm having easter dinner with family tonight! I did however really enjoy how the game seems to look more and more like Metroid ^____^ (Metroid <3)
Both in color, layout and that there are several different paths to take. I'm just getting the same feeling I got when playing Metroid, mysterious, and dark, and you feel kind of lost, and just want to explore every corner of the map :D
Super-Turrican---metroid-.jpg

I have the game on pause and I will continue later tonight after dinner :P

Precision jumping <3

It's only a matter of time before she shit's Rot up the wall.

The history of female members here is short lived at best.

I wonder why that is???

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Talk about in the wrong hands, you'll never play this nor will any of your friends, I guarantee it. If for some crazy reason you do, you won't last 10 minutes. Wouldn't mind to be proven wrong though.

With as many games as she has, this has to be the case with the majority of her collection. There is no way she's devoting significant time to most of those titles, it would take decades to cover that much ground.

Seems pretty self-evident that she's a collector trying very hard to fit the role of the "nerdy gamer chick". She's probably really used to neck-beards seeing her collection... seeing that she's not a fat/ugly slob (like most girls who spend too much time gaming)... then proceeding to give her undying attention and beat-off to her on the spot.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Very nice, glad to hear you're getting into it. I like to be proven wrong in situations like this.

If you like Turrican I suggest trying to get into the AMIGA Turricans, specifically 1 & 2, talk about amazing gameplay, incredible worlds, unbelievable soundtrack. The NES is a small taste of what's on the main series. Emulation is your friend just in case you're not ready to invest on the AMIGA just yet. I know that Turrican has several ports to other gaming computer systems but stick to the AMIGA ones, they are by far the best and considered by many as the real deal.

Curious note about Turrican NES is that this game was done completely by one person, the creator of the entire series, Mr. Manfred Trenz, this game pushes the NES to its limits, Trez got all the juice out of it, a true programming genius.

Also on a side note (I know my Turrican pals are gonna hate) try the Super Turrican 1&2 for SNES and the Mega Turrican for Genesis/MD, good games with a much friendlier approach to platforming and exploration. These games are totally different to the main AMIGA games.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Also on a side note (I know my Turrican pals are gonna hate) try the Super Turrican 1&2 for SNES and the Mega Turrican for Genesis/MD, good games with a much friendlier approach to platforming and exploration. These games are totally different to the main AMIGA games.

I love Super Turrican 1, it's one of my favorite SNES titles to plug in and just bomb around. The music is also amazing, but it's Turrican, so that goes without saying. I haven't tried the second game, though. What I hear about it generally sounds.. unkind.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love Super Turrican 1, it's one of my favorite SNES titles to plug in and just bomb around. The music is also amazing, but it's Turrican, so that goes without saying. I haven't tried the second game, though. What I hear about it generally sounds.. unkind.

Super Turrican 2 has more in common with Contra III than Turrican itself, great game, it also has this unique stages that use the Mode 7 chip up the ying yang, hard game no doubt but in a good way where the AMIGA Turricans will make you cry in shame at your feeble attempts at being good at it...still love them though.

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
My WonderSwan Color came today. I was not expecting everything to come with boxes and manuals. I feel like I got a pretty good deal for $32!

Q2fLSWX.jpg