Post Your Recent Purchases!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I agree. I had 3 PVMs die on me over the course of about 3 years. I decided when my 4th and final PVM died, I'd go XRGB. In a perfect world, two PVMs daisy chained together is the perfect setup IMO. But I do like that the XRGB and my LCD monitor are modern, reliable equipment that are unlikely to die anytime soon.

I've had two pvms die on me. It sucks knowing that these monitors are eventually going to crap out. The day will come were CRT's will be no longer but till that day comes I'll keep using them.

Giga_Power32bit

Armored Scrum Object
Picked this lot up from the Retro World Expo in CT. Only cost me $12 out of pocket for the Atari stuff, traded some stuff for the rest!!!
retroworldexpo.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I mean, I'm not really sure why you bought the sports games, they literally are borderline unplayable. Other stuff is cool though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Best haul, courtesy of our local HnR aficionado!

attachment.php

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I mean, I'm not really sure why you bought the sports games, they literally are borderline unplayable. Other stuff is cool though.

Pitfall and RR are where it's at. Haven't played my 2600 in so long... me giving it away probably has something to do with it. :D

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
I've had two pvms die on me. It sucks knowing that these monitors are eventually going to crap out. The day will come were CRT's will be no longer but till that day comes I'll keep using them.

I absolutely love my PVM but I fear everyday for it's livelihood. It's starting to show the signs. General loss of brightness overall. I think if this one croaks I'm cashing out and waving farewell to CRTs.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I picked up a XRGB2 a couple months back for that eventuality. I don't really use it now, but eventually the PVM will croak, and if I can't find another one I'm sure I'll still be able to find a decent CRT computer monitor.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Best haul, courtesy of our local HnR aficionado!

attachment.php

Is that a US or JPN LD? It looks exactly like my JPN LD but I'm not sure if it got a proper US release on LD (I'm assuming it did not). My buddy and I ordered copies of the LD directly from Japan YEARS ago. It's a chore to watch it with the Japanese language track. :emb:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
South Town delivery - some of the covers weren't that great looking I guess it was the inserts I chose not the print, wish the images on site were bigger so I don't end up with pixilated blurry covers

IMG_6588.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...if you download the PDFs first you can see in detail what you're getting.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Is that a US or JPN LD? It looks exactly like my JPN LD but I'm not sure if it got a proper US release on LD (I'm assuming it did not). My buddy and I ordered copies of the LD directly from Japan YEARS ago. It's a chore to watch it with the Japanese language track. :emb:
It's a Japanese LD, it never got a us release. It has an English audio track.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Returned the Canon G10, just wasn't the right camera for me.

Swapped it for a Panasonic Lumix G7. 4k video coming to the channel!

Panasonic_G7.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I picked up a XRGB2 a couple months back for that eventuality. I don't really use it now, but eventually the PVM will croak, and if I can't find another one I'm sure I'll still be able to find a decent CRT computer monitor.

Im kicking myself for selling my xrgb 2 plus and 3. I also held on to my Gdm monitor incase another pvm craps out. Ill have to pick up another xrgb3 in the future.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
been a slow 2 weeks picking up stuff but was able to get a few great deals at the local game store and ultimate 11 thanks to mjmjr25!!!

LslQBMnl.jpg

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Thats something I clearly didn't think of..... Thanks EG !
Ill be doing this from now on.

Yeah EG is correct, I had done this also got an insert and it was very pixelated. I contacted Southtown / Dan to see if there was an error in printing. He told me to download the PDF because even though some inserts have the Southtown approved seal you still need to look at the PDF's for clarity.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I only know this 'cause I made a couple inserts and I made super sure the work was clean, even the Legends are clean. For a long time a lot of the insert legends were pixelated as hell, mine aren't 'cause I redid the templates from scratch and also corrected the yellow for puzzle games. One day I'll get back into making new inserts, it was a fun time. My inserts, all modesty aside, are the shit 'cause I just wanted to go with the Full Frontal format which for me is the best, I like the classic style as well but I prefer the uniqueness of the Full Frontal and the room it creates for improvements.

Print my inserts...please...they're the cool!

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Appreciate the hard work and quality control is extra appreciated. For the most part I like the AES look but I always love to see someone else idea of Improvement

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
But my fighting game friends who play Street Fighter competitively would never stand for it.

I've taken my Framemeister & gaming monitor setup to competitive fighting game meetups - no complaints about lag from players there.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I've taken my Framemeister & gaming monitor setup to competitive fighting game meetups - no complaints about lag from players there.

I dunno WTF everyone is on about with lag. I think it's an excuse because they're getting older and not as fast as they used to be.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I dunno WTF everyone is on about with lag. I think it's an excuse because they're getting older and not as fast as they used to be.

I couldn't see frame lag if it depended on my life. I'm really not good enough to fucking care.